Marble Mystery Oil & Sea Foam

-

KP

Reaction score
Does anyone here use Marble Mystery Oil or Sea Foam?

If so, please share your thoughts and experience with these products...

i use it in my 63 slant six and 72 charger seems to hhelp with lifters from clattering

I have used both, but lean towards Seafoam more often. I seafoam every used car I get my hands on...the stuff works.

Seafoam is a great carbon deposit remover....suck 4-6 oz. into the intake via a vacuum hose, shut the car off.....restart it 15-20 minutes later and let the carbon smoke burn off in the exhaust....put some in the oil, put some in the fuel tank.....enjoy a smoother, more powerful engine for about $6 a can.

Good Stuff!

I heard allot of boat guys use sea foam to fog there engines before winter storage.....

i love sea foam, especially with fuel systems, excelent for cleaing varnish and gunk out of carburators. ive used it in the intake to clean out carbon too.

I use Marvels Mystery Oil extensivley offshore and would recomend it to any one, its great on freeing mechanical devices such as air starters, froze up motors and what not.

I use Sea Foam and my mechanic swears by it. I pour it sowly into the carb until it floods out, then let it sit for 1/2 hr and fire her back up. It might backfire a bit on restart and get ready to be stopped by the cops for putting out a hellacious amount of white smoke when you do.

Another friend used to work as a mechanic for a dealership and they just used automatic transmission fluid to do the same thing.

I have used both, but lean towards Seafoam more often. I seafoam every used car I get my hands on...the stuff works.

Seafoam is a great carbon deposit remover....suck 4-6 oz. into the intake via a vacuum hose, shut the car off.....restart it 15-20 minutes later and let the carbon smoke burn off in the exhaust....put some in the oil, put some in the fuel tank.....enjoy a smoother, more powerful engine for about $6 a can.

Good Stuff!

Thats what I do also.

Its an absolute RIOT filling the street up with white smoke as it burns the seafoam and carbon out.

Did it on my 98 Camaro and noticed it idled better afterwards.

I use Marvels Mystery Oil extensivley offshore and would recomend it to any one, its great on freeing mechanical devices such as air starters, froze up motors and what not.

+1 on that!

I've had two 318's that sat for 15+ years, one of which was stuck like a rock, poured a little Marvel down the spark plug holes, let it sit a few days. Both broke free, got both running great and drove one of the two 40,000 miles without a problem. Great stuff!

Seafoam's great, love the stuff. Now I digress.......the last time I used Marvel Mystery Oil was to break-in my wheel bearings on my soap box derby car in 1964.

Damn, I'm old. I didn't even know it was still around.

Jim

yep I use seafoam on engines that have been sitting or that are ticking. seems to work.

For those that may not know. Do not follow this advice too overzealous. use any liquid down the intake sparingly. if you pour this down an intake on a non running motor and it collects in a cylinder if you do not pull the plugs when you turn it over it may blow out the head gasket or bend a rod as liquid does not compress like air. be careful. just a friendly heads up.

For those that may not know. Do not follow this advice too overzealous. use any liquid down the intake sparingly. if you pour this down an intake on a non running motor and it collects in a cylinder if you do not pull the plugs when you turn it over it may blow out the head gasket or bend a rod as liquid does not compress like air. be careful. just a friendly heads up.

Good call, I forgot to add that part. When I used it I pulled all the plugs and pulled the coil wire before I cranked the engine over.

If you do this on a car thats not already filthy under the hood it'd be a good idea to cover the heads and plug holes with an old towel, the stuff gets shot out of the holes more than you would think. Kinda reminded me of flames shooting out of the headers on a dragster if that gives you any idea.

i just changed the oil last weekend in the dart and added marvel mystery oil to the motor, i also add it to the avgas cuz 100ll is a little on the dry side, i will try the sea foam in my daily driver to see how it works it sounds like a good additive

I used seafoam down the intake of my 01 dodge ram. I had good results, but be ready for some major white smoke until it burns off.

I haven't oiled my marbles in years...maybe I should though, I'm kinda getting like the tin man from the wizard of oz.

So that's what's wrong with ya GJ!! LOL

Seriously I've used Seafoam on several occasions to burn excess carbon out of the cylinders. I love it. Has made almost everything I used it on run smoother. The tremendous smoke trail you leave for 1/2 mile afterwards is pretty cool too. :-D

Kroil and Gibbs Oil work well too, just a bit harder to find off the internet.
Lots of antique Caterpillar guys swear by Kroil for unsticking locked motors and steering clutches. They get really stuck after sitting for years in back pastures with trees growing out of them....
alan627b

I dump the seafoam in the fuel tank of my fuel injected cars and works pretty good getting the stumble out of injected engines.

Is not the main ingredient acetone?

Pale oil; Naphtha; Isopropanol

according to the MSDS on their website....

I haven't oiled my marbles in years...maybe I should though, I'm kinda getting like the tin man from the wizard of oz.
I used distilled alcohol on my marbles for quite awhile. Seemed to cause them to disintegrate and make me break out in handcuffs......

-
Back