massive reconfiguration time again.

-
It's an innovative..
I got it several years ago from Summit they wanted like $209 and I had them price match someone I seen for 156 and they found it for a hundred and forty seven and I said send it...

That is a nice gauge, I had Summit also price match, and picked it up reasonable.
I also noticed a few months later they dropped the price, they must of realized they had it priced too high.
It is sweet and fast response time, I am going to buy another one for the cuda I am building.

Hey Jpar, I was just reading " street tire dilemma " thread and "1bad72 " is looking for advice about tires. Thought you could maybe give your .02 cents about the nittos? Or not.

Everything's been working really well and feels quite sorted out. Only thing that's happened so far is I've been getting a little run on. I think I've worked out all the race fuel so I've added a little race fuel...:thumbsup:
I bought a feather duster hood and the outer skin was crap. BUT the important part, the inner aluminum skin is fine. I can very easily pick up the skin with my pinky. I noticed it was crimped together...

Last edited:
IMG_20190518_201824.jpg

IMG_20190518_201851.jpg
IMG_20190518_201848.jpg
IMG_20190518_202829.jpg
IMG_20190518_202817.jpg

Came apart way easier than I thought it would..

IMG_20190519_123920.jpg
IMG_20190519_123944.jpg
a power washed and scrubbed up pretty well I think I'm going to scrape those blobs off now.
What do you think rivet down some pieces of plexiglass and call it "bad *** under glass!"...

I seriously have this piece of plexiglass or Lexin and I'm not sure what it is? it was from a tanning bed so it's supposed to get hot? LOL probably not that hot though..

I still think you should put a bread box on top and be done.
rename it, sour dough. lol

Cool idea, looking forward to seeing the final outcome. Where did you get the idea to use the inner frame? Kind of a hemi under glass theme!
kind of like I was saying I got the hood and noticed the skin was worthless so I figured I'd put my skin on the aluminum frame. But I got the aluminum frame off and ideas started coming to my head...

Last edited:
Very cool I didnt know the frames on them was aluminum I actually really lik the glass idea. It will be see thru and you will be able to see the engine and bay with the hood closed!! That Is genius!! I love it!! You have one of the most badass engine bay and engines cosmetically I have seen the world deserves to see it!

j par, your brain is always going a million miles an hour, always brain storming for a unique idea.
I'm sure this one will look good and function good when your done.

IMG_20190519_180316.jpg
IMG_20190519_180341.jpg
IMG_20190519_180332.jpg
IMG_20190519_180619.jpg
IMG_20190519_180614.jpg

I think I'm going to paint it matte black. If I could buff it and make it shine I would do that but I think it's just going to look a lot better with an even color...
I'll have to put the torch to some of this plastic and see how quick it melts..

Try a heat gun. You know it was it look like a hair dryer only they're hotter.
I know I got to modify the release spring a little bit, it's a little too strong. Now that I think about it I think I have an extra one in the shed...

I would say the stock hood is about 53lbs, a pin on fiberglass is 20lbs. This was 11lbs before I started cutting...
Two things, what is going to happen at speed (aerodynamics) and/if the "glass" the plastic (meltdown!)...

I would say the stock hood is about 53lbs, a pin on fiberglass is 20lbs. This was 11lbs before I started cutting...
Two things, what is going to happen at speed (aerodynamics) and/if the "glass" the plastic (meltdown!)...
^^^^^ 2 good questions. Is it possible to heat the plastic and put a rolled edge down over the front main brace to help prevent lifting at " higher speeds". Perhaps stainless carriage bolts to fasten plastic sheets to braces. As for heat?? Trial and error?

^^^^^ 2 good questions. Is it possible to heat the plastic and put a rolled edge down over the front main brace to help prevent lifting at " higher speeds". Perhaps stainless carriage bolts to fasten plastic sheets to braces. As for heat?? Trial and error?
I was definitely thinking I can get the motor hot as hell on a hot day and leave a piece on top of the hood and see what happens when I shut it down.
Or just see how it looks painted? I still I'm thinking about going the spot welds out of my good Hood and I can use it to cap this with. It would still alive and things up a bit.

You never know until you try something different, sometimes it turns out great! Sometimes not. I give you credit for thinking outside the box...or should I say hole!

Maybe call NASA for some new space type stuff to cover it?
Or maybe cover it with Tarp material like we use for roofs on bar top stock trailers?
Maybe you have solved all the cooling problems for people with electric fans?
I ave confidence in your solution!

-
Back