massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Yup.

Use bumper paint on the plastic part.
Well I'm dying to see how this turns out LOL
IMG_20180322_131804.jpg

Tried it twice that was a joke didn't even phase them! LOL
Their green as the day they were born LOL anything that was sticking most certainly rinsed completely off! LOL what a joke!
Whose brainstorm was this anyways? COOOOPE!! LOL

You must have done it wrong or not long enough...
It WILL WORK...

I did it on a 69 corvette. Green to black. Came out great.

Boil those suckers....

It WILL WORK...

Boil those suckers....

Boiling them is the key, just soaking them won't work.

Is this crap toxic to be boiling in the house?
I'm not going to have another harmonic balancer versus Thanksgiving turkey situation again! Don't ask!

It WILL WORK...

Boil those suckers....
Okay look I'm willing to give this one more College try I'm no quitter. And I promise this time I'll even look at the instructions first? But I need some more of this boil a s*** out of them information before I get started! Thank you for all your help...

If you notice from that post of them dipped in the dye that is a brand new pressure cooker that's been sitting on my shelf with brand-new components inside of it. From my scrap metaling days LOL someone just didn't need it and I've been storing it all these years. No problem boiling them

So here's how you do it.

Read the instructions on the die, DO what the instructions say.

:)

LOL just pulled them off the heater vent you can see the contrast from the Black patch for whatever reason. Great! from the frying pan into the fire, now I have what looks like dirty green seat belts!
Seatbelts 1, J par 0
To be continued...
IMG_20180322_221535.jpg

Honestly though I'll try painting these one more time, but the last thing I want is black stripe across my Mopar Nationals white T-shirt in the middle of the summer. There's a member that has a pair for sale pending sale. I'll find out about tomorrow and also asking around for some black ones locally already. But again I'm not Beyond trying something with these belts.

You may have to use plastic die, not cloth die. I used the the powder stuff, can' remember the name.

It can be done.

Yeah I had a feeling I wasn't going to send one through the goalposts posts for $3.65! LOL

Yeah I had a feeling I wasn't going to send one through the goalposts posts for $3.65! LOL

Cheap skate. Spend a little coin and get the best results. Don't be a tight ***. You owe me a case of ginger ale. You going to cheap out on me and give me a six pack! It's only money jpar. You can make more.

The $3.00 box of Rit powdered stuff for cloth is the way to go. I usually buy 2 boxes so the mix is extra strong. It even worked to dye a blue plastic motorcycle gas tank. It turned out nice and black after boiling it a couple of times. That required 4 boxes because of the extra water needed.

Had a friend help today. I fit the carpet in and trimmed it. We flipped the bench seat and on to a bench and he tinkered on the the brackets. I got the kick panels, thresholds, rear door molds on and the center belt receiver's and shifter ring bolted down over the carpet. My friend had the brackets bolted to the bench seat so we put it in.
So my friend and I jumped in for the first simulated test drive with a full interior in the car for the first time since I've owned it. We went through all four gears with it really throwing us both back in the seat at the same time through all the gears LOL we were laughing pretty good. Friend and I met back in the 10th grade in auto shop. Winded up the next two years doing double peroid auto shop together. He came over in his 10.4 full cage nitrous El Camino. It's store-bought he can't drive it. LOL I mean the mutual friend he bought it from could do a 10.4 in it but he already knows he could never get close.
IMG_20180323_191257.jpg

In 10th Grade you had to take small engines for half a semester and passed that to be able to go to auto shop double peroid for 11th and 12th grade. Small Engines you basically took apart a Briggs & Stratton lawn mower motor completely and reassembling that during the semester. If you could pull start it in the first pull you got like $5 or something. Of course my partner crapped out on me and I ended up getting mine started way too early before the semester is over. So my soon-to-be friend and his friend (another good friend to this very day LOL) skipped and they ended up not putting theirs together and came back to class and started there's and actually was able to pass after skipping most of the semester because I had the motor put back together. I guess you could say we were friends from that day or they thought pretty well of me. If you'd like me to go on I could tell you the story about when I told him to grab the coil wire! Mr. Kingham almost peed his pants laughing! My friend wasn't his favorite student needless to say.

well ya know, at band camp we........................ lol

Ha ha, I took small engines!

Looks good but where' the pic of the El Co?

Ha ha, I took small engines!

Looks good but where' the pic of the El Co?
Yeah I took small engines and ended up with two lifelong friends LOL actually took it further than I thought I was going to. Second-year I tried the state Small Engine contest I won Regional and went to the state finals in Eugene Oregon. And course I needed a second year there also cuz it had a completely different format and it was one of those things where the first year was a learning year and the second year you could come in and maybe win or place in the contest. But without any experience of the new kinds of questions they were going to ask made it too difficult. I was like electric starters? And how they work and operate? I had only worked on small engines with pull ropes?

More baby steps today. Got started on the doors. The driver's door need the latching mechanism switched out. Also I need a little black paint around the outer door edges and the door jams. After the couple of different repairs I made on the driver's door I went ahead and checked the passenger door and it seem to be functioning properly. The only thing I have to do the passenger door now is change the lock mechanism real quick. With that done I'll have both the doors mechanically fine and then on to Aesthetics for both of them.
IMG_20180324_172536.jpg
IMG_20180324_172549.jpg

-
Back