massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Well you know I'm just a hobbyist and Edelbrocks are better for us hobbyist. It took very little time learn how to tune one LOL. I know if I wanted a Max effort I would definitely get some Hollies but for the street and a little Hobby Action at the track that'll be just fine. The front one came with the car and the back one was a free one given to me as scrap metal by a Chevy guy who couldn't get the choke to work LOL. It's part of the Mystique of a car called "The Scrapper!" I like making on junk go fast LOL

How many of those scrap metal Chevy carburetors do you have? I thought you put one on the more purposefull truck.

How many of those scrap metal Chevy carburetors do you have? I thought you put one on the more purposefull truck.
Oh yeah that was a Chevy truck friend. He said the throttle was sticky at about three quarters LOL. So he bought even a bigger Edelbrock and now doesn't drive it anymore because it doesn't run right LOL

That' funny cuz I would have NO IDEA how or where to start tuning those carbs....

Holley carb=easy to tune.

Set the transfer slot, 1 1/2 out on the idle screws, then use the main jet recommnded by Holley and most times it' done.

If you wanna go deep you can but they are a set it and forget deal..

But free is always better!

That' funny cuz I would have NO IDEA how or where to start tuning those carbs....

Holley carb=easy to tune.

Set the transfer slot, 1 1/2 out on the idle screws, then use the main jet recommnded by Holley and most times it' done.

If you wanna go deep you can but they are a set it and forget deal..

But free is always better!
It's so funny it's just a carb you know. And I feel the same exact way about the Edelbrocks, just pop the little doors open and drop new metering rods in and the change takes two seconds literally. LOL it's just what we've learned to tinker on and it's easy for us...

I'd run dual thermoquads...... Can u imagine the Bwaaaaaaaaaaah you'd get when u opened them up?
:D

Hopefully tomorrow I'll put the hinges on temporarily to see if the hole clears the air cleaners. And then if that works out and I don't have to cut anymore I'll go ahead and put paint stripper on and get that nasty paint off.

And it fit! So now the hoods back off and got through a spray can of paint remover which I thought would remove the thin layer of paint which it did but then now the primer. Going at it with the sander on the front passenger corner and that turned out to be a bit well let's put it this way labor-intensive LOL I don't like saying that four letter word. So, I went up about another gallon of paint stripper!
IMG_20180320_134443.jpg
IMG_20180320_143919.jpg

Oh yeah and I'm picking up some of the last pieces of trim and eenie meenie miney mo with which one of these door seals I want.
IMG_20180320_134457.jpg

Very good ! now for a scoop. I hope you add a scoop, all I can think of with a tunnel ram and 2 carbs sticking out of the hood. Is all the rich gutless pigs running around in the late 70's early 80's, by the time the engine caught up with the carbs, it was too late. I know your setup runs good, but......................... a scoop would look good.

I have to laugh at how much I plan to get done, and what gets done.. I got the paint off the hood. And the tac mounted.
IMG_20180320_182625.jpg
IMG_20180320_184904_1.jpg

Very good ! now for a scoop. I hope you add a scoop, all I can think of with a tunnel ram and 2 carbs sticking out of the hood. Is all the rich gutless pigs running around in the late 70's early 80's, by the time the engine caught up with the carbs, it was too late. I know your setup runs good, but......................... a scoop would look good.
Tomorrow I can set the piece of plastic I have on the hood after I'm done with the sanding. Take a picture and see what I think.

IMG_20180321_174104.jpg

Well I pretty much got the hood in order now and connect it on. I want to go back into the interior and completely finish that. I got some of the trim in the back finish and got all my seatbelt sorted out. Looks like black seat belts in the back and green seat belts in the front LOL maybe some black connectors coming up through the seats in the center but the main front belts are going to be green until I can find some maybe at the Swap Meet.
IMG_20180321_173107.jpg

That cut on the hood looks good, I would not put a scoop over those carbs.

I always kept a cheap dollar store picnic table cloth in my car, in case of an un-expected rain storm, to cover the motor.

man my head hurts from the carbs sticking out of the hood without a scoop.

You can die the belts black. Green would be a good colour for a black die job.
I was just looking that up to see if I could. I don't know if the belts themselves and some kind of black dye? I may be real about as far as I can? And then plastic parts just rattle can those black?

The interior is lookin good. What are your ET and MPH goals this time around?

Is that Joanie Cunningham in Rusty's avatar. lmao

It's Adreinne Barbeau with all her glorious boobness. Indeed she did portray Maude's daughter.

It's Adreinne Barbeau with all her glorious boobness. Indeed she did portray Maude's daughter.
I like Glorious Boobness!!
No more chasing ET's, just trying to be consistent. After all these years racing I figured out finally that going fast doesn't do anything for me but drain my wallet.

-
Back