massive reconfiguration time again.

-
this reminds me of a Benny Hill scenes where he's peeing behind a tree and someone shot a bottle behind the tree two times and it made it look like there was two streams of pee coming from the other side of the tree and of course the girls are looking and all happy and saying" TWO!!??
Of course Benny Hill sheepishly looking back at them....

Playing with another home made hood scoop idea. (it's just hard sign material that people leave on the telephone poles)
Cope where are you...
IMG_20181003_181707.jpg

IMG_20181003_181828.jpg
IMG_20181003_181736.jpg

I dont love it but it's not my car.

Why not a twin snorkel hemi blend kinda thing?

Did you wait till their yard sale was over. Or did you just rip them off the post.
Actually that's a whole another pet peeve story! it's a house around the corner that seems to leave their garbage out in the driveway and think that other people want it. They leave it out there all year round then a few times a year that go out to the main streets and post these big signs out for a 4-Hour sale and leave them out for weeks sending hundreds of cars into the neighborhood on a wild goose chase. I took two down and threw them in their yard two more I threw my Recycling and these two I use for the scoop. I started by throwing them in their yard but it looks like they're picking him up to use for another time so I started keeping them.
You had to ask lol

I dont love it but it's not my car.

Why not a twin snorkel hemi blend kinda thing?
I was just quickly bending some stuff and making some Quick Cuts and seeing if I could get this idea out of my head. There's a lot of symetrics there that are not lined up correctly. I'd like to try it again with some different material. I know you have the ability to be able to see past the web of incohesive colors and the unsymmetric-ness.

Go crazy with cardboard, make something you just love and I'll TIG it up, send it to ya. No charge.

It would be worth my time just in the air time it will get here on FABO.

Plus then I can earn some of that 50 bucks YR is gonna owe me when he gets his *** drug..

:)

When we make patterns we cut em fast and loose. Once its roughly even almost close fill in the gaps with strips of paper and tape. Then trace the rough pattern on a clean sheat cut it out nice and fine tune it again with paper and tape.
At this point you'll have a perfect pattern.

So yeah, rough patterns dont phase me. They just that a rough draft, good enough for seeing an idea or saying nope, that dont work.

We go through a LOT of poster board. We buy it it by weight not by the sheet...

Keep going, nothing is cooler than something you pull out of the air and see it become real.

When we make patterns we cut em fast and loose. Once its roughly even almost close fill in the gaps with strips of paper and tape. Then trace the rough pattern on a clean sheat cut it out nice and fine tune it again with paper and tape.
At this point you'll have a perfect pattern.

So yeah, rough patterns dont phase me. They just that a rough draft, good enough for seeing an idea or saying nope, that dont work.

We go through a LOT of poster board. We buy it it by weight not by the sheet...

Keep going, nothing is cooler than something you pull out of the air and see it become real.
I want to do one more draft at least on this one before I scratch it. I want to tighten up the ideas a little more and get more symmetrical.

One cool thing is we both have the same intake and almost the same hole in the hood. (That's your fault for making me want twin carbs..)

One day I swear you will be rocking something built by us. Even if I have to drive it up to ya.

That's just kind of the general shape. I would like it to be very thin, very light, conforming, symmetrical, of set, and detachable. So I have my work cut LOL
Also at the back I want them to come up off the hood on the bottom. I want to be able to see both the gold bases on the driver side and at least the back one on the passenger side from the side.

Maybe just the one side? With an extra flap for the front because it's getting Direct Hit air.
IMG_20181004_113625.jpg

Also the massive reconfiguration give me a little bit of weight and seems. I remember taking it down to the scrapyard a few years ago and it weighed 2780 lb. Today I drove it to the same spot and it weighed 3220. I'd say that's the hood the factory doors, seats, and the carpet.

I dont think its gonna do much besides add more weight.
It's just blowing air on the filters. Its not forcing air into the carbs.

A little more reconfiguration....
Wife has jumped on the take the rest of the green off the car band wagon
IMG_20190131_154446.jpg
IMG_20190131_154532.jpg
. I said WE have to start on the hard part first, the cawl and roof.
I also got another 1406 to match my front carb.
Edit: she did all the tape work and helped me get the hood off..

Last edited:
Before I sand off the green I sprayed black inside the cawl. I was wiping the excess off so I won't have to sand it also.
IMG_20190204_164920.jpg

-
Back