massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Holy smokes! You poor man! Your brain cells have taken such a blow from reading my pointless dribble. My sincerest apologies! LOL...
Honestly though thank you it was a lot of work and then plus having to post everything and talk about it. It Ain't Easy putting yourself out here and most people don't.
I do appreciate you saying that. Jason.
Lol I feel you it's good to see that kind of progress it gives me encouragement to keep digging on mine. I have been on here as a member for a long time and just recently started posting. I would get on here and read from time to time but never really got involved in the conversations. I took about 10 year break on my car and I'm just now getting back to it and it's getting kinda overwhelming. I started with a 1k budget and that was just for for the basics. New brakes new bushings new tires regasket the engine etc. Well the more I get into it the more I keep finding stuff that needs to be replaced that's the hobby tho I know that! As of now my 1k is long gone and I haven't even put a dent into the project. I'm kinda stuck right now cause i have to buy paint to paint the engine bay before i put in the engine but keep going back and forth on where and what kind of paint to get. And it doesn't help that I'm completely broke at this point Haha. I'm saving back up tho I will get the paint sooner or later and get going again. I have alot of stuff that can be done in the mean time so I'm gonna focus on that. But it gives me alot of encouragement to see your project go from basically where mine is now into a driver in those 22 pages. Oh btw I babble too so we will get along good haha

Lol I feel you it's good to see that kind of progress it gives me encouragement to keep digging on mine. I have been on here as a member for a long time and just recently started posting. I would get on here and read from time to time but never really got involved in the conversations. I took about 10 year break on my car and I'm just now getting back to it and it's getting kinda overwhelming. I started with a 1k budget and that was just for for the basics. New brakes new bushings new tires regasket the engine etc. Well the more I get into it the more I keep finding stuff that needs to be replaced that's the hobby tho I know that! As of now my 1k is long gone and I haven't even put a dent into the project. I'm kinda stuck right now cause i have to buy paint to paint the engine bay before i put in the engine but keep going back and forth on where and what kind of paint to get. And it doesn't help that I'm completely broke at this point Haha. I'm saving back up tho I will get the paint sooner or later and get going again. I have alot of stuff that can be done in the mean time so I'm gonna focus on that. But it gives me alot of encouragement to see your project go from basically where mine is now into a driver in those 22 pages. Oh btw I babble too so we will get along good haha
It is the point A lot of times that I share so people can see that it's doable in your garage with a minimal amount of special tools and special knowledge. This is very old technology we're playing with.
and you've touched down one of the strong keys and that's getting all the small things done that you can when your budget isn't allowing you to do other things. That way everything's prepared for when you can get an extra part or something. also staying at it bit by bit if there's something you can do everyday and I don't care how small and insignificant but just something like looking up a part, ordering a part, making a list of the things that you need to do next anything small. 5 or 10 or 15 minutes but just making it a constant push.

It is the point A lot of times that I share so people can see that it's doable in your garage with a minimal amount of special tools and special knowledge. This is very old technology we're playing with.
and you've touched down one of the strong keys and that's getting all the small things done that you can when your budget isn't allowing you to do other things. That way everything's prepared for when you can get an extra part or something. also staying at it bit by bit if there's something you can do everyday and I don't care how small and insignificant but just something like looking up a part, ordering a part, making a list of the things that you need to do next anything small. 5 or 10 or 15 minutes but just making it a constant push.
Yes I total agree! Right now I'm I'm doing the crappy non satisfying stuff like sanding and cleaning my suspension and brake parts as soon as I get some extra $$$ I'm gonna order my brake lines and master cylinder ( something I wasnt planning on replacing but decided it was probably for the best) but once again before I can install all that I got to paint the bay! One question what do you guys use to paint your brake calipers I started wire wheeling them down and cleaning them up should I paint them ot leave them bare? I got some cheap gloss black rustolum enamel to do the lca, uca, and kframe! I also got to get my strut rods out and painted. I made the mistake of removing the lcas before the strut rods now they just spin making them a bear to loosen.

Yes I total agree! Right now I'm I'm doing the crappy non satisfying stuff like sanding and cleaning my suspension and brake parts as soon as I get some extra $$$ I'm gonna order my brake lines and master cylinder ( something I wasnt planning on replacing but decided it was probably for the best) but once again before I can install all that I got to paint the bay! One question what do you guys use to paint your brake calipers I started wire wheeling them down and cleaning them up should I paint them ot leave them bare? I got some cheap gloss black rustolum enamel to do the lca, uca, and kframe! I also got to get my strut rods out and painted. I made the mistake of removing the lcas before the strut rods now they just spin making them a bear to loosen.
Making mistakes just makes you that much more experienced. LOL I painted my bay with just some rattle can engine paint and I painted I think my upper control arms with some fancy paint that I had gold or something. Of course if you have the control arms off you are putting in new bushings correct? The bottom control arms and a lot of the stuff on the bottom I just use dirt cheap Bi-Mart black paint. I just tried to put a couple nice thick coats on it. that stuff is barely seen and it's just nice to have it been cleaned and painted once. Even if the paint chips off here and there it's still black underneath. I hear you doing all that cleaning that nobody wants to do the dirty greasy stuff that nobody wants to clean. The nice part is you can go to Harbor Freight and buy$6 boxes of gloves and use them like water and really keep a lot of that off of you. And then once it's all been touched and it's all been painted and it's all been cleaned you go to do something like I just did and take and replace the cam and you barely have to wash your hands a little every once in awhile. I mean it is pretty cool to be able to do a complete cam change and maybe only use a few pair of gloves. Now all the projects are just fun projects.

Yea iv made my fare share already lol! Yes the control arms are getting new bushings and new ball joints I got the lowers completely cleaned waiting on paint I think I'm gonna give them one more bath with a pressure washer before I spray them. I was gonna put them in the dishwasher but my wife vetoed that idea! Lol. Then I gotta just get the engine bay and wheel wells cleaned striped and painted so I can reassemble. Yea the bushings was an adventure in itself. I ordered everything I thought I needed before I started so I thought. After I got going I was told buy a member on here I needed to change my lca bushings also (not in the budget) so I ordered them then upon disassembly I got a torsion bar stuck in the lca ended up having to cut it out lol so then I had to buy torsion bars (not in the budget) well then on here I discovered that everyone recommended the moog offset upper bushings I bought the regular ones so I had to make another order....well you get it lol
I think I'm over the hump now tho once I get my primer and paint I should be on a roll.

Yea iv made my fare share already lol! Yes the control arms are getting new bushings and new ball joints I got the lowers completely cleaned waiting on paint I think I'm gonna give them one more bath with a pressure washer before I spray them. I was gonna put them in the dishwasher but my wife vetoed that idea! Lol. Then I gotta just get the engine bay and wheel wells cleaned striped and painted so I can reassemble. Yea the bushings was an adventure in itself. I ordered everything I thought I needed before I started so I thought. After I got going I was told buy a member on here I needed to change my lca bushings also (not in the budget) so I ordered them then upon disassembly I got a torsion bar stuck in the lca ended up having to cut it out lol so then I had to buy torsion bars (not in the budget) well then on here I discovered that everyone recommended the moog offset upper bushings I bought the regular ones so I had to make another order....well you get it lol
I think I'm over the hump now tho once I get my primer and paint I should be on a roll.
Yeah crap happens. I'm on my 4th rear end. I'm on my third cam LOL I get the picture. Went from mechanical water pump to electric water pump back to Mechanical. I get the picture, need I go on? LOL
yes I've made a few mistakes that I could have avoided by listening and then also have avoided a lot of mistakes by not listening. I could have spent a ton load more money listening to everything and I saved quite a bit of money by listening to somethings. I too learned about the upper control arm bushings after I had just installed the regular ones. I left them in I'm fine.
People will tell you to definitely not warm up your harmonic balance to get it to fit. F'em...
The wife says what are you putting in the oven with the Thanksgiving turkey? I says nothing she said I see something in your hand what are you putting in there? I said my harmonic balancer she said I think not. always the ingenuitive person that I am I went to the back patio and turned on the grill and put it on top of the grill for 15 minutes and she slipped right on. F'em LOL

If ya wanna sell the electric water pump shoot me a PM.
IMG_20180907_103216.jpg

you need the small belt also because now you're not running a water pump anymore..
It worked great at the track but not on the street.

No worries, just keep it in mind.

My car is going on the lift next week and she ain't coming down till the BBP disks are on and the tubbed 9" is in!

So no hurry.

Not enough flow for the street?

After all the work I put into making this car "streetable" I'm not looking to go backwards...

Lol I bet that went over well putting your hb with the Turkey.haha yea I have learned that alot of ppl dont mind spending your money lol I get that everyone has a different budget purpose with their projects but these ppl who tell you it's this way or no way (their way being the most expensive possible) kill me I get that yes its probably better but the best isn't always necessary. Even if I was wealthy and didn't have to worry about what I spent I still wouldn't just throw money at every problem. I wouldn't spend 5000 on a brake conversion when I can make mine work properly etc etc etc. For me half the fun of the game is ingenuity, problem solving fabricating etc. Now if I was building a rare number matching 1of whatever maybe it would be a different story and I would pay someone to do my body work right and pay for ppg paint and so on! But my car is a 75 dart swinger. Most ppl would strip it for parts and crush it lol I'm bringing it back to life I want to make it a driver again. I want it to look nice but dont have to be perfect. I have a thread started in the members restoration section please come follow it of you want. I have to update it I havent posted in a while over there.

No worries, just keep it in mind.

My car is going on the lift next week and she ain't coming down till the BBP disks are on and the tubbed 9" is in!

So no hurry.
I remember it was kind of hard to find one
Not enough flow for the street?

After all the work I put into making this car "streetable" I'm not looking to go backwards...
it worked against me on the street and not that it didn't flow kind of decent it just wasn't good enough at -speed. It cooled down great in between rounds. Also it through belts because now I wasn't triangulating the belt. I had to buy an expensive reduced March performance pulley that wouldn't go so fast and throw the belt off the alternator.

I'd like to have an electric pump but my car does all of its hunting at stoplights.

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to have an electric pump but my car does all of its hunting at stoplights.

Thanks for the info.
Personally I wouldn't recommend it unless it was going to be a trailer Queen and just go to the track. It would make it to places and over to my friend's houses and even to the track and back but it was always on the verge and no fun worrying.

I can't stand a car that runs hot. The stress of it just makes driving no fun at all...

And that's what my car is for, driving!

I can't stand a car that runs hot. The stress of it just makes driving no fun at all...

And that's what my car is for, driving!
My pump gas test was good today. And it was a cooler day so I didn't even have to run the fans and that's barely up to temperature. Well except for when I stopped and talked with the neighbor and forgot to turn the fans on and I look down and took off and yep she was warmed up. But I really did want to warm it up good and see how it acted and there was no pinging. And the last time it diesel that tried this and this time it cut right off.

I found that to keep motivated you pick a part. Fix/rebuild/paint that part and set it aside. Then when you get depressed you can look at that nice clean pretty part and you will feel better. It is very depressing to look down at a full 5 gallon bucket of hardware that needs to be cleaned!

Just a little while back I tried some tuning on the carbs. Brought the primaries down to stock (98 jets 75/47 rods) from to rich. And 92's in the secondaries from the stock 95's.
Also put in the heaviest springs.
I kind of want to play with the Springs first but I have the car down a couple days and time to change the Jets if I wanted to. I was thinking I could put the 95 jets in the front with some 71/47 rods that I have. That would make the primaries one step leaner also to match the one step leaner secondaries.
Then play with the springs?
It's kind of all over the map but hanging around 12.5 to 13.5 I see some 14 some things and some 11 some things also.
Of course I'm shooting for 14.7 at idle and 12.5 at wide open throttle.

Which eddy is it? I have been up/down/left/right with my 800 thunder series. I have found that mine likes Very fat primary and lean secondaries from the base configuration. So you would figure I could lean out the front and fatten the rear so by the same % and it would be fine. NOPE! I wasn’t sure how quick my air door was opening so I hooked a light to it. Snaps open in 1/2 sec and from 2600 rpm to about 3000 rpm. Open fully almost off the line! Friend just was chasing a lean transiton stumble on a duel quad hemi with the eddy afb copy. He couldnt get rid of it. Went fat in the primary and leaned out the sec equal amounts and its gone.

Which eddy is it? I have been up/down/left/right with my 800 thunder series. I have found that mine likes Very fat primary and lean secondaries from the base configuration. So you would figure I could lean out the front and fatten the rear so by the same % and it would be fine. NOPE! I wasn’t sure how quick my air door was opening so I hooked a light to it. Snaps open in 1/2 sec and from 2600 rpm to about 3000 rpm. Open fully almost off the line! Friend just was chasing a lean transiton stumble on a duel quad hemi with the eddy afb copy. He couldnt get rid of it. Went fat in the primary and leaned out the sec equal amounts and its gone.
T
One 1406 (front) and one Carter performance 625 I think?

-
Back