master cylinder pushrod interchange

-
The stock push rod will work fine with the older M/C, the issue is when you convert to the newer two bolt M/C the adapter moves the M/c out from the firewall about 3/8"- 1/2" and that causes the pedal to be about an 1" or more lower than it should be which interferes with the brake light switch and the amount of travel you have with the pedal.

The safest way would be to get two push rods and cut them down so you only have one weld but you can get the adjustable one for about $30-$35 from someone other than Mancini.

For those that are trying to keep their original brake lines, WHY?

Brake lines are cheap, $2-$5 each at O' Reilly's or Auto Zone. The original ones are 30+ years old and may look good but it is common for them to rust under the spring and fittings where you can't see it and then when you have a panic stop they will blow out and you end up with a wrecked car just to save a couple bucks for brake lines and a little time to fit them. This is not the place to take short cuts, I've had brakes line blow out before and it is not fun going through an intersection looking and hoping you don't get plowed or wondering if the guy in front of you is going to stop before you can get your car stopped.

I don't see the point in risking your pride and joy or someone Else's or worse like someone's life over a little thing like brake lines.

I was at a show last night where a beautiful Charger went through a fence and down a hill, I don't know if it was the brake lines or the throttle stuck they were telling us both stories but it still shows you what can happen.
I wasn,t trying to cheap out and save money,the brake lines are in good condition(pushed springs back to inspect)I,ve had the car out many times with no issues.This is only on my car,where as I could see others trying to cheap out.

I scored a OE rebuilt M/C at Advanced auto today.

fish, try this link:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Master-Cylinder-Cardone_5350522-P_230_R|GRPBRHYAMS_727903591___
C

Thanks!

For those that are trying to keep their original brake lines, WHY?

Brake lines are cheap, $2-$5 each at O' Reilly's or Auto Zone. The original ones are 30+ years old and may look good but it is common for them to rust under the spring and fittings where you can't see it and then when you have a panic stop they will blow out and you end up with a wrecked car just to save a couple bucks for brake lines and a little time to fit them. This is not the place to take short cuts, I've had brakes line blow out before and it is not fun going through an intersection looking and hoping you don't get plowed or wondering if the guy in front of you is going to stop before you can get your car stopped.

I don't see the point in risking your pride and joy or someone Else's or worse like someone's life over a little thing like brake lines.

I was at a show last night where a beautiful Charger went through a fence and down a hill, I don't know if it was the brake lines or the throttle stuck they were telling us both stories but it still shows you what can happen.

Good advice, but....

Because it is my only car that I need on a right now basis and it is food or a nice unwrecked car. I'll roll the dice because theres no choice. But if there is, I'm not driving it.

Hate it, but that's life right now. Oh how I miss the days of having 3 toys on the road and the everyday car. (Booo ho boo ho. LOL)

Brake line here is a dollor and change a foot, unbent. Welcome to New York!

Flexable lines are $13 each at autozone here.

I did do new stainless steel lines from the front to rear and both sides on the rear axle.

I would like to do the fronts now, but by the time they get here, I'll be done. I NEED the car NOW and waiting for line to come in and not driving it will not cut it period. It sucks, but that's life.

Yep, the MP unit was the ticket!! :)

Mancini adj. MC pushrods must come

with 1000 shares of Chrysler stock, eh? =P~

Or this adjustable pushrod from Doctor Diff

http://tinyurl.com/msyyh6

I am using it with AndyF's late model adapter, and an 82 Dodge truck aluminum master cylinder and it works fine, but I think I could have stayed with the original single pot pushrod and adjusted the brake light switch.

I have a question though, about the brake pedal, mine isn't fully returning to the "up" position, I have to manually lift it a little with my foot, or else it puts a drag on the front calipers. For stock vehicles, usually there is a spring/rubber boot thingy that goes around the pushrod to help return the cylinder to the top of the bore, but I can't use it with this pushrod. What is the usual thing that keeps the pedal in the up position? My car is a '64 Valiant, and there is no return spring on the pedal...I was thinking of adding a simple spring to remedy this...

Nice. Is there a fella/store besides e-bay I can get it at?

-
Back