Maybe overpaid, BUT...

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
Our GTS convertible was sold new at Northwestern Dodge (Detroit/Ferndale). Last year I picked up an embossed plate from the dealer. Today I found a well used plate frame on e-bay for a little over $100 shipped.

northwestern Dodge plate.jpg

Northwestern Dodge plate frame.png

That’s really cool. How ever, they should’ve fired their logo designer. I would’ve never guessed that was NWD, looks more like AAND.

That’s really cool. How ever, they should’ve fired their logo designer. I would’ve never guessed that was NWD, looks more like AAND.
I've had people think it was All Wheel Drive. But, you have to remember the times. It was likely from the late 60s or early 70s and "space age" was all the rage.

I have 2 frames that have been on my car for 56 years.

If I did not have them i'd pay 2x to 3x what you paid.

You got a good deal

My 69 GTS 383 4-speed was sold at Lafayette Dodge in Lafayette, IN and I have been looking for anything related for years since I bought it in 1978. Have found nothing but 5 years ago I saw a 69 D100 pickup for sale with a Lafayette Dodge sticker on it! I didn't buy the truck but I did get him to send me a few pictures and dimensions, one day I will have it reproduced. Good score on the frame and plate!

Well Jim, i don't think your a stamp collector, or coin collector, so why not spend the dollars on car related items. :thumbsup:

Well Jim, i don't think your a stamp collector, or coin collector, so why not spend the dI actually have sollars on car related items. :thumbsup:
I actually have a couple of stamps that might be worth something. They are on postcards that my grandfather (not really related, but he was my grandmother's husband from the time I was born) sent to his parents in 1929, but the postcards are also very unique...I've got pics on the other computer. But, no I never collected stamps, these just wound up in my possession.

My 69 GTS 383 4-speed was sold at Lafayette Dodge in Lafayette, IN and I have been looking for anything related for years since I bought it in 1978. Have found nothing but 5 years ago I saw a 69 D100 pickup for sale with a Lafayette Dodge sticker on it! I didn't buy the truck but I did get him to send me a few pictures and dimensions, one day I will have it reproduced. Good score on the frame and plate!
I check e-bay pretty much daily for Northwestern Dodge and Van Ness Dodge (SF) as those are the two dealers who sold our GTS. I passed on an NOS pair of Van Ness plate frames a couple of years ago because the colors were backwards (not that anybody would know) and I really didn't want to pay nearly $200 for the pair. Kinda regret that one...

I think $100 is a steal. How many of those do you think still exist? I wish I had kept all the dealer emblems I threw away over the years.

Good buy. Just adds to the coolness of your car.

I have several from east-side dealers. I found one that was NOS/plastic for my mom's old car [original dealer/NW Motown]. These were the beginning of the plastic ones. I have a pile of NOS Michigan license plates and some frames. Plastic, stamped stainless, and die-cast.

cuda 1970 plate.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back