McCandless, ProParts, Bagshaw, TTI for Mazzolini Headers

-

mhuppertz

Reaction score
I just talked to Bob Mazzolini (super nice guy) and he said TTI has tentatively agreed to do a run of 15 of those awesome partial fender well headers for A Body Big Blocks. He has about 8 people on the list so far.
I am passing this along for informational purposes only.
His number is 951 787 8783
He thinks they will be around $800
I have to sell a LOT more blood!
Mark

I just talked to Bob Mazzolini (super nice guy) and he said TTI has tentatively agreed to do a run of 15 of those awesome partial fender well headers for A Body Big Blocks. He has about 8 people on the list so far.
I am passing this along for informational purposes only.
His number is 951 787 8783
He thinks they will be around $800
I have to sell a LOT more blood!
Mark
I just bought a used set of herb mccandles era pro parts headers. Looking forward to getting them coated.

Thank you very much for the info. I'll be jumping on that list later today.

These are going up every year. They used to be $430...but so is 100 gallons of gas nowadays.....

I still have my old set. They fit better than they look.

Dave, 2 tubes under the car, 2 tubes through the fender well.

Has anyone successfully ran the Pro Parts headers in an A-body with Edelbrock RPM heads using head studs? I'm hoping to be able too, but I'm not sure there will be enough clearance between the studs and all the primary tubes. I plan on doing a mock up, but I was hoping someone could confirm this is feasible.

Also, I'd like to cut the three hole collector flange off, and go to a ball and cup setup, has anyone done this with these headers?

nitrojunkee I had these on my Indy headed 440. had to modify one tube. du to the raised ports. studs were not an issue. I have since gone back to full fenderwell headers.

Ran them and they are great. I need another set so I'll be calling. On the edelbrock head question, if they are stock location exhaust ports than yes, they will work great. They have one tube goes outside the frame on the passenger side and 2 tubes on the drivers.

Ran them and they are great. I need another set so I'll be calling. On the edelbrock head question, if they are stock location exhaust ports than yes, they will work great. They have one tube goes outside the frame on the passenger side and 2 tubes on the drivers.

I actually have a set now, and they are pretty nice headers imo.... Yes the Edelbrock RPM's use stock location exhaust ports, but what I was really wondering is if the primary tubes will clear head studs as opposed to bolts. I really don't want to use head bolts on this build, with the forced induction. The previous owner did, and I believe that contributed to a large part of the mess this motor was in.

I actually have a set now, and they are pretty nice headers imo.... Yes the Edelbrock RPM's use stock location exhaust ports, but what I was really wondering is if the primary tubes will clear head studs as opposed to bolts. I really don't want to use head bolts on this build, with the forced induction. The previous owner did, and I believe that contributed to a large part of the mess this motor was in.

You can use studs in just about every tube but the#2. Problem is you may have to run studs in AFTER you get the tubes up to the side of the head. I have the cut out templates and instructions if needed.

That I can't answer. I used head bolts on my 72 Scamp bracket car. But I can tell you that working on the car as in taking them on and off is a breeze. I ran stock front suspension on it. The only issue I had with them was driving on and off the trailer, the right side header flange at the collector want to catch on the trailer. I cut that part of the flange off, problem solved. I do remember the collectors angled in, like towards each other and not straight back. But if you want a big tube header, they are the best out there this side of fenderwells which I don't really care for.

You can use studs in just about every tube but the#2. Problem is you may have to run studs in AFTER you get the tubes up to the side of the head. I have the cut out templates and instructions if needed.

Number 2 was the one I was most concerned about too...Ha! I appreciate that info, and I'd be much appreciative if I could see those templates and instructions when I get to that point.

PM me your email ill send them over. not all the tubes will be difficult for the studs some go right on. my advice would be to put them in with bolts then go back over and go with studs. hope you got small hands lol.

Here go for all that are interested

Attachments

• pro-parts instructions.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 640
  • pro-parts instructions2.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 621
  • pro parts template driver.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 645
  • pro parts template passenger.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 590
I called and talked to Bob today and he said he has the 2" headers in stock right now. 799.00 plus shipping. I asked about 2 1/8 headers and he said if there is enough interest he will have some made. He asked that if you are interested, contact him through www.bobmazzoliniracing.com

Wow, glad I got mine from Pro Parts back in the late 80's $360.

i bought three sets in the mid 90's for like $380 a set. get TTI involved and see what happens..lol

they do fit nice. one of the sets we installed with the engine and trans install and they dropped right in with no problem.

These are going up every year. They used to be $430...but so is 100 gallons of gas nowadays.....
yeah i bought a set in 99 for 425.00 .they are great headers.the only headers i woulduse on a big block a body.....

-
Back