Mech oil gauge

-
Right next to the distributor on smallblock mopar motors, if that is what you are asking about. :D

Mine is behind and to the inside a bit of the alternator. Where the factory puts them.

Ditto here. Put a tee off the factory sender location and ran my gauge off of it. One side of the tee for the gauge, the other side for the dummy light (or maybe pressure/dummy light combo if I ever want to hook it up to my Megasquirt for logging).

Yes, I'm running a TTI block off plate and remote filter, etc.

I've got the oil temp gauge in one of those lines. Will be adding a couple more pressure sensors there for MS3x logging as well.

Just behind alternator.
I did the same and ran a T-fitting.
This pic with the pink isn't mine, but it shows perfect.

What are your plans for the mech. Temp gauge?

Attachments

• image-2481622131.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 250
  • image-1495838225.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 260
  • image-1071521746.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 241
I noticed in the front of the water pump there is a plug thinking of putting h2o mech gage there. I am also removing the pipes that come out of back of water pump that go the the heater tapping them so I could run gage off on of those.

I run remote oil lines -

The jeep alternator clears the T piece no problem....dunno if a car one will...

I noticed in the front of the water pump there is a plug thinking of putting h2o mech gage there. I am also removing the pipes that come out of back of water pump that go the the heater tapping them so I could run gage off on of those.

Yea my water pump housing has that plug, it's too small for your standard mech temp probe. Which I believe is 3/8. Was thinking of tapping it a thread size bigger or possibly drill and tap opposite side of stock gauge for temp, I have gauge setup there, and I need to drill for electric fans relay.

Here's a write up someone did.
http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=hemi_eng_temp

Attachments

• image-943670032.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 230
  • image-3693948516.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 229
  • image-3979617052.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 226
Yea my water pump housing has that plug, it's too small for your standard mech temp probe. Which I believe is 3/8. Was thinking of tapping it a thread size bigger or possibly drill and tap opposite side of stock gauge for temp, I have gauge setup there, and I need to drill for electric fans relay.

Here's a write up someone did.
http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=hemi_eng_temp

I want to see pics of a 61 hemi !!!!!!!:wack:

My mechanic drilled and tapped the boss at the top of the timing cover for my thermo controlled radiator fan.

I think it's 1/8" NPT or something like that. Same as the old temp sender in an LA I believe, so whatever that is.

-
Back