Meet Natalie

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
Natalie is the cars name ....she is a 1969 Dodge Dart custom 2 door hardtop... originally a slant six car.....i am doing a GTS clone, however im in the process of putting a running slant six in to get it running for the summer.....when i got the car on Dec 30, 2011....it came to me with no engine or trans...and was a craigslist find in Colorado Springs, Colorado..
It had a bench seat but in order to do a proper GTS clone i changed it to bucket seats which i found here on FABO as well as the rest of the pieces needed to do a proper clone job

the 72 demon in the pics is Danielle and she will get her own thread in due time but for now she donated her six bcoz there is a V8 waiting for her later

The slant six is not my first choice for a 69 GTS clone but it will get the car running so i can drive during the summer while a V8 is being built for the dart.

Attachments

• CIMG9739.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,247
  • CIMG0314.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,138
  • CIMG0318.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,133
  • CIMG0320.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,129
  • CIMG0317.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,189
  • CIMG0313.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,196
  • CIMG0327.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,165
  • CIMG0328.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,201
  • CIMG0305.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,125
  • CIMG0309.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,128
nice,nice,nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice score! So are you here in Colorado Springs?

no im further south and way further east ...in the cow towns .....but its just a two hour buzz up to the springs...i like to go up there anyway for shopping at the Citidel or Chapel hills malls

Welcome Rani,you did well.Curious,some pics show a 71/72 grill,others the original style for the car?

she is using the Slant 6 out if the 72 Demon for now in the 69 Dart.

Welcome Rani,you did well.Curious,some pics show a 71/72 grill,others the original style for the car?

the last two pics show a 72 demon....thats the car thats an engine donor for the dart....i am getting the dart running this week with the slant six from the 72 demon.

Cool,just curious.Good luck,that is 1 of the straightest Darts I have seen in a while.

no im further south and way further east ...in the cow towns .....but its just a two hour buzz up to the springs...i like to go up there anyway for shopping at the Citidel or Chapel hills malls

i live about 20 minutes east of chapel hills out in falcon off of woodman rd. seems i remember that dart up for sale. very clean car, it went to a great home!! cant wait to see the progress on it.

so today was a bright sunny day perfect day to install a slanty in a dart........but ROADBLOCK.......seems the previous owner changed the original K-frame for a pad mount V8 K........so no slanty install today!!!!
Luckily i have another dart in the yard that had a slanty K-frame.....took a while to set up air tools ....but within an hour .........we have ourselves a slanty K

Attachments

• CIMG0339.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,022
  • CIMG0342.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,039
  • CIMG0345.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 997
Back in the shop and only mid-afternoon i yanked the K-frame from Natalie and swappy swappy and the six went in and fits like a glove.....by this time it was dinner time .....so thats it for today ...tomorrow will be fun .......while i was at it.....i left out the power steering out.....that wont be going back in.

Attachments

• CIMG0350.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,010
  • CIMG0349.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,009
  • CIMG0348.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Great looking project, i will be watching this thread.......
I love the down and dirty projects.
Love the green cars too!
You are going to keep them green aren't you?

hey, why you taking apart my red dart ...:eek:ops: no not really.....this stuff is such a waste just laying around a yard for years and years. It makes me so happy to have someone around who is doing something constructive with these old cars and bringing joy to many. keep up the good work and i hope you fix up all the cars we have in the yard:smile: maybe soon you can even do something with that red 68 dart too. wouldnt hurt my feelings to see it moved in the shop and worked on.....thats what its there for.......Thanks Rani.:thumleft:

This is great to see, I wish I had your skills. Also may I say welcome Rani to FABO, sorry I'm so late doing so.

Natalie is sexy!

Glad you lifted the skirt and let us see what was underneath.

Can't wait to see her new buzzin half dozen...bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Princess Dawgette is runnin circles around us....I'd like to be there just to hand her the wrenches

like any car build with an old car, there is bound to be set backs and dis-appointment....i had some of that today. i went to get an 833 od i had in storage out and to my surprise it turns but the shift levers were froze up , so i pulled the side cover to realize that some water had snuck in at some point...i have no idea how, but thats how it goes sometimes.

Attachments

• CIMG0355.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 880
  • CIMG0356.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,009
Well that's a bummer Rani. I've never been much of a Dart guy, but pic1 in post14 looks really cool. I don't know what year the red Dart is, but I like the way it looks. Hope you have some better luck with the rest of your Natalie resto.

Wow Rani, that is a nice couple of projects you have there.. And considering what you got accomplished yesterday, it makes opening a box and looking at a new rad seem kind of.. lazy. haha

Will be watching the progress on this one. or two :)

Grant

Rani, if you decide to do the GTS clone, I would be very interested in purchasing all the side moldings off your 69.

So after my trans had water in it, i was on the side of the road with this project .....but my cousin ( FABO member Yellowdart72) came through with another OD ....same year and same cast case, so i got some thread locker for the flywheel and clutch and rounded up a bell housing and i am ready to get back on track with the project.

Attachments

• CIMG0357.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 899
-
Back