Mega TA/AAR Exhaust Tips???

-

odie601

Reaction score
I am looking for an exhaust tip similar to the TA megaphone style but going from 3" to like a 4" pipe exiting in front of the rear tire. Anyone know where a person can get one or have one made? Doesn't have to be chrome.

Maybe TTI exhaust.I know they do bigger stock style tips,for B bodies.

Not that I listened when someone told me, but I would re-think AAR style exhaust. I have it on my car now. Its fun, but gets old quick.

Not that I listened when someone told me, but I would re-think AAR style exhaust. I have it on my car now. Its fun, but gets old quick.

to each his own, couldn`t disagree w/ you more!~ bob

Odie, go to Ovaltubes.com (I think it is). The folks that make SpinTechs and who were part of Dr. Gas. They make all sort of boomtubes and such.
Tom

I am looking for an exhaust tip similar to the TA megaphone style but going from 3" to like a 4" pipe exiting in front of the rear tire. Anyone know where a person can get one or have one made? Doesn't have to be chrome.

Try Accurate ltd they have the AAR style exhast I think , maybe oversize as well

to each his own, couldn`t disagree w/ you more!~ bob

It could depend on your setup/driving habits. I have hit the highway for 40 miles to go racing, and at 65mph the car tach's out over 3k. So after almost an hour on the road, i consider that it wasn't one of my best ideas.

Hopefully that'll change when i get OD in the car.

I am going with a side exit for exhaust because I don't want any tailpipes. With no megaphone tips then it would just be 3" straight pipe. I had an AAR 'cuda and the side exhaust looked pretty sweet to me. I never get tired of a little thunder. lol

Anyhow, not to hijack more, but how different are the accurate LTD style tips from the turned slant tips(which i think is how mine were done)

I *think* mine are 3", but honestly i never checked and just let the exhaust shop go to work with the idea.

Attachments

• IMG-20120213-00196 (1).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 509
SpeedwayMotors.com. Has a short megaphone 2 in 4 out black or chrome also have 2"x 4"x 24"

Was just at Speedway a couple weeks ago getting my Torque Converter. Getting my steering u-joints there too. I am thinking about going with the chrome 2 - 4" and adapting them to 3" exhaust. Then bluing the tips with a torch.

:burnout:

Anyhow, not to hijack more, but how different are the accurate LTD style tips from the turned slant tips(which i think is how mine were done)

I *think* mine are 3", but honestly i never checked and just let the exhaust shop go to work with the idea.

That is the look I want. But I want to blue the ends.

-
Back