Memike@Catholic Wedding

-

Kuta

Kenny
Reaction score
A Catholic wedding, party or get together is something Bro MeMike has never experienced.
I know this from our conversations about Catholic parties I have attended.
Well, not being informed about his invitation he was a little blown away with the white collar preist smocking a stogy and holding a Bud Red and Happy Happy just blew him away.
Oh, BTW, if any members get the opportunity to attend and like to get down and have a good time, by all means attend if you possably can.
Mike was totally knocked off his rocker by this.:wack:
Boy did he have a great time.:toothy7:
I explained the experiences I have had in the past years and apparently he did not get it, the great time I had being at a church.
Yep, again he was blown away.
You know Mike. Can you imagine?
He was funny explaining to me the whole story in amazement.
He is out now at home in bed.
He was so wound up that he had to down load his pics and show me.
I will share one with you.

Ya'll all have a great day!

Picture 044.jpg

I thought you was busy brother :toothy7:
But you found time to post something here.:-k
It's true that I have never experienced this before:blackeye:.
For all the folks here I had a great time unexpectedly:dontknow:
Here is the folks topping off the beer supply

mike on couch 017.jpg

mike on couch 021.jpg

mike on couch 018.jpg

I took this one just fir yall here

mike on couch 044.jpg

Here is the beautiful bride and her groom on the left that know how to have a fun time

mike on couch 024.jpg

As the evening went on I got some good pictures of some babes

mike on couch 042.jpg

The grooms grandpa and I , Yes he is 6'5''

mike on couch 019.jpg

My son on the right, A best man

mike on couch 009.jpg

I had a great time with the young guns, And I did not give a care about the weather :toothy7:

mike on couch 033.jpg

mike on couch 040.jpg

Yes, we Catholics like to have a good time! Almost every wedding I've been to looks similar to that one, including my own.

Every year we have a July 4th picnic on the parish property, complete with a huge trough of beer. Priest sits down and has a good time just like the rest of us. The church doesn't condone drunkiness, but doesn't condemn for having a couple of pops!

Mike: I have beer at home....BUT....in #3... that is my favorite color of brown there on the right.....and in #5 that denim blue is my favorite color of blue.....now post some more shots of the ladies....i know ya got em. Tell Creed my invitation must have got held up by the rain and flooding.
Small Block

I used to see our Preists at the bar quite a bit. He'd leave before it got rowdy of course and I never saw any of them drunk.

I was raised Catholic and a Catholic wedding is as fun as it gets. The last one I was at was a Polish Catholic wedding. There was a bottle of Vodka at every table in the reception hall. :)

I used to do some telecom work for a few Catholic Chuches and in the Preists kitchen there was always a good supply of wine. :)

I stood outside with the priest while he enjoyed a cigar and a bud red.
I did not wake up this morning till 11 o clock, Wow what a wedding party.

mike on couch 039.jpg

mike on couch 020.jpg

mike on couch 022.jpg

I, too, was raised in the Catholic Church. All my relatives from afar and most people in my home town were Catholic, so I only knew Catholic weddings. Yes, alcohol was allowed for merriment in the Church, but drunkenness was not good. My wife grew up in Southern Baptist Houston, TX. She tells a story about attending her first Catholic wedding and it was a blast.

We now attend a Reformed Presbyterian church. Alcohol is allowed, but drunkenness is verboten.

I like to bring up the story of Jesus at the wedding party that ran out of wine. He didn't turn wine into water, did he?

LOL what an experience for you Im sure Mike! The cake was hilarious! Glad to hear you had a good time my friend!

LOL what an experience for you Im sure Mike! The cake was hilarious! Glad to hear you had a good time my friend!

The cake was to cool :smilebox: He and my son race together and she had to drag him away from his racing to get married, A day I will never forget.:love5:

Never saw a Catholic wedding but did attend a funeral once. At one point people all turned around to each other to hug(piece be?) that cought me offguard. While waiting to go into the chapel I noticed at every entrance little glass well what I thought were ashtrays, there not.LOL. No I didn't use one. It was quite an experiance. I did enjoy the inscense. I hope this story isn't to morbid for this thread.

I don't think so. I think this is just a thread saying "WOW! on a new experiance.

Raised Roman Catholic, the way of worship as veiwed by my non Roman Catholic family is very tradishinal um, (SP! More coffee needed, LOL) UM old school in it's way full of lil'things they don't understand, but the motions that we go through have meaning.
Stand,,,sit, stand again, sit, kneee to the floor, stand, LOL I can see the look on there faces of WTF are we doing? Ha ha ha ha

I was raised Catholic and went to alot of Catholic weddings (including my own). I think my Southern Baptist inlaws were in shock at mine. We went through so much alcohol that the caterer ran out and my best man had to run to the liquor store to by a couple of more cases of whisky (you have to know how to pick a best man). At my last high school reunion, I remeber a comment from one girl about how wild the Catholic kids were. I told her that if we really over did it we could wipe the slate clean by going to confession LOL!

I was raised Catholic and went to alot of Catholic weddings (including my own). I think my Southern Baptist inlaws were in shock at mine. We went through so much alcohol that the caterer ran out and my best man had to run to the liquor store to by a couple of more cases of whisky (you have to know how to pick a best man). At my last high school reunion, I remeber a comment from one girl about how wild the Catholic kids were. I told her that if we really over did it we could wipe the slate clean by going to confession LOL!

DAMN! That sounds exactly... I mean exactly like my wedding and what I should have wrote. DAMN!

Yall are cracking me up :toothy10: But so true:rock:, It was a great day and I did allot of standing , siting Standing ,siting, 3/4 of the folks there where not Catholic and the priest was enjoyed by the crowded church, That I must say was beautiful with all the stained glass and old light fixtures my wife went crazy over. The church was built in 1931. I would like to thank all the Catholics here for a outstanding time in my life I will never forget.=D>:rock:

So the preist did exercise you some ..... Ha ha ha ha

OH! My head.... need asprin, ouch! I think I got slapped by someone....

:thumbup::thumbup:

Yall are cracking me up :toothy10: But so true:rock:, It was a great day and I did allot of standing , siting Standing ,siting, 3/4 of the folks there where not Catholic and the priest was enjoyed by the crowded church, That I must say was beautiful with all the stained glass and old light fixtures my wife went crazy over. The church was built in 1931. I would like to thank all the Catholics here for a outstanding time in my life I will never forget.=D>:rock:

Don't thank us, thank God. :) We're a rowdy bunch but generally good people. :pirate:

-
Back