Metal glove box liner

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has a set of plans to make a metal glove box liner that they would like to share? It could be made of steel but Im thinking aluminum would be better. Since Im learning to TIG weld I think aluminum is a better choice.

Thanks
E

I've been thinking of doing my 67 cuda's glovebox in aluminum as well. I bought a repro cardboard glovebox and I'm going to duplicate it. Now...if I only had time.

be really easy if you just undid one corner of the original liner
lay it out on a sheet of aluminum
scribe and cut
bend the corners
weld one seam and be done...

just an idea

And if you do make them and want to sell em for a reasonable price you would have some buyers i'm sure... Me for example. :D

And if you do make them and want to sell em for a reasonable price you would have some buyers i'm sure... Me for example. :D

haha and they would be impervious to windshield leaks!! thats why my new liner hasn't gone in...

My glovebox makes me laugh at the moment when I open it into the void there, but Id love the template to make one out of weldable material if your willing to share it if you go that route.

um why don't you just put a plastic one in from a latter A body? (provided you have a '67+) last one I bought I got for 10 bones........

It makes me laugh that some of these glove boxes with the cardboard insert have a locking cylinder with a key, if someone wanted to, they can just put their hand up underneath the dash and tear the whole thing right out.

I think the plastic ones can be used on '68-75 a-bodies. The '67s have a different style...I'm certain of that when it applies to '67 barracudas.

Here is a metal glove box liner I made myself. It's in a 67 cuda.

Attachments

• Glove box fuse panel.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 200
I think the noise from the rattling contents would be worse in a metal box.
A felt lining might help. The later model plastic glove box can be used in the earlier cars but it's a bit of effort to alter it to match the cardboard one.

Ill order the repro card board one and just copy that.

Thanks guys!

You can make it yourself.... I did. I used scrap card board.... cut and fit until it making the sides then made the bottom and back... nothing really to it. I hate to see spend money on repro and not really use it.

-
Back