Mick’s Brilliant idea 72 Dart Swinger

-
Yes there is.....for me. I much prefer an ORIGINAL printed manual. MUCH less room for error and I don't have to have a "device" to read it.

To each their own!

Find the pages you need, print them out, doesn't matter if they get greasy.

I have my dad's FSM he got when he bought the dart in 67. I have a second one I bought before I knew about the online version. I have not opened either printed version since.

I guess it's a generational thing.

To each their own!

I have my dad's FSM he got when he bought the dart in 67. I have a second one I bought before I knew about the online version. I have not opened either printed version since.

Maybe. I don't know. I've always preferred printed manuals, even when I was young. I've also always had respect enough for important information to take good care of it and not get it greasy. There are lots of errors in some of these online downloads and discs and such. Going through several printed editions with all their errors through each edition and then transferred to CD or online download. No thanks. I'll take an original copy of the 1964 Valiant service manual any day over this electronic crap. So yes, to each their own indeed.

Spent 4 years in San Diego, NAS Miramar, 70 -74. Raced some (breakout, not class) at the old strip at Carlsbad up N. Had a girlfriend for awhile from Poway Had friends down in Paradise Hills out E of National City. Had a fellow Navy friend stationed at Imperial Beach. He also maintained GCA for the marine choppers down there. I would not want to be there nowadays

I was an ET-R (electronics tech RADAR) in the Navy, and maintained GCA RADAR

Got up to see the Palomar observatory once and was on Mt Otay once to help with the amateur radio repeater WB6WLV which is still up there so far as the call letters, on same mountain

Back then I had a 69 383 4 spd Roadrunner, the 70 440-6, 64 426 Dodge wedge, and a "race only" 70 had been a hemi Cuda with a 440

Below me with the 70rr around 72, I'm about 24 here I'm 74 now and my knees and back are likely near as bad as yours. But I keep at it, anyway. This fall I spend 3 months converting my 01 Dodge Cummins to 4WD.

_mg_6206cs-jpg-jpg.jpg

Found this old video on YouTube and pirated this shot of 2 of the GCA units, FPN-36 "QUAD" radar. They are no longer there

s3f483-jpg.jpg

Below, out at our shop, no longer there. The Marines tore it down and paved over it. This was about 6000ft down the runway, off the N end of the taxiway. Shop truck at left, a shaker hood 440 Cuda, a Poncho Venture belonged to one of the crew, my black 64 426 Dodge, a friend and 68 RR and my limelight 70 440-6 RR
MiramarShop1.JPG

Last edited:
To each their own!

Let me add more fuel to the fire LOL !!

I have all the manuals on DVD !.

Great to be able to blow up the wiring diagrams on a computer screen as these old eyes are not seeing as well as they used to!!

Damn nice! Guess you must have finally found a competent Mopar mechanic. In the car yet? Pictures? What transmission you using behind that?

OOPS! Just saw the posting date. Guess it's not in the car yet, DUH.
I’ve got a built all Billett 727 behind it with 8 3/4 rear end with 3:73 gears

I’ve got a built all Billett 727 behind it with 8 3/4 rear end with 3:73 gears
That ought to be a little stoplight screamer with those gears. You will be wanting an overdrive if you do much day tripping with it though!

With a 26 inch tire you will be spinin' some RPM at 65 MPH..........

1677950354984.png

That ought to be a little stoplight screamer with those gears. You will be wanting an overdrive if you do much day tripping with it though!

With a 26 inch tire you will be spinin' some RPM at 65 MPH..........

View attachment 1716058851
I’m a little worried about that, but they told me I’d be ok. I think I’ve got a 2200 stall converter. It’s supposed to be a cruiser until I get on it, then it’s a monster. Changing gears would be easy after all I’ve been through already!

Well, motor is in! Trans is in, rear end is in. Waiting on a new drive shaft. Damned brake drums didn’t fit. Anyone have a set of Centric 123.63044 drums kickin around? I’ll take em!

7E54D0EE-B1CB-43A1-8541-C4F25C74AF07.jpeg

7D112839-7517-47F8-8446-ECE82AF848D6.jpeg

A1250722-0DE4-4323-B3FE-7BAC0301A46D.jpeg

Here’s what she looks like until I find rear brake drums!

View attachment 1716059238
Yup, they have become Hen's Teeth! Put a ad in the WANTED classifieds on this site. Be sure to put rear end info and size. They are sure to show up.

My '72 Demon with a 8 3/4 rear takes drum size 10" X 2 for use with 10x1-3/4 shoes. Originals had a "bell" shape like this:

1678032365424.png

Most aftermarket replacements didn't have the bell flange.

You know I’ve seen that! :BangHead:
It’s crazy how hard it is to find stuff! Half the stuff that’s supposed to fit doesn’t come close. You’d think supply chains would be speeding up by now

You know I’ve seen that! :BangHead:
It’s crazy how hard it is to find stuff! Half the stuff that’s supposed to fit doesn’t come close. You’d think supply chains would be speeding up by now
Might want to check this out, if you have a fat wallet!

My '72 parts manual shows the Mopar # for them is 3580551

Big Huge Shoutout to Coloradohill! Had a pair of drums for me! The Turtle (new name for my car?) will be coming down off the post soon! Getting close. Thank you so much Uncle Norm!
Thanks for all the help and advice guys, I really appreciate all of it :thankyou:

-
Back