Might be trading my Wagon for a Dart Charger..

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask your honest opinions about what I should do. I've been working on this 66 Dart wagon for probably a year or so now, and just got done putting a brand new built 318 with 360 heads and tons of money spent in the right places.. I spotted this Dart Charger factory 273/4 speed car a few months back and just can't stop thinking about it. I assumed it sold long ago, but I gave the guy that has it a call today and he still has it.. And he's interested in trading for the wagon. The Dart Charger does not run, but its so complete and clean that I really think it wouldnt take much to get it going again. I really want a 4 speed car. But if I wanted to get another 66 dart wagon, I would be screwed. What do you guys think?

From what I know of Dart Chargers, I'd think you would be up on that trade, especially if it is as you describe it.

Grant

Contact Ulf, username 65dartcharger, he is restoring one and is the guru on these super rare cars. Got any pics? The wagon is cool and hard to find, but a 1965 Dart Charger is way more rare than your wagon.

Scoop up the Dart Charger,just make sure it's a true Dart Charger 4 speed car and don,t look back.Still a few nice 66 Dart wagons to be had down the road.JMO

The Dart Charger is one of the most rare early A Bodies. The 66 D Dart is also real rare. (unless you have a strange combo car with a low production number like my first car, a 65 Dart 270, 2 door post car with a HP273 and a 3 on the tree, one of a dozen or so) Chargers are usually worth more than any other early A if restored properly. tmm

Isn't the D-Dart more rare?

Does the car still have the 13" Cragars and Dart Charger emblems?

You're right! I will correct my response. There were only about 50 D Darts. 180 Dart Chargers rolled off the assembly line in California and Ma Mopar produced parts for another 300 cars. All the factory cars were cream colored with Charger emblems but no GT emblems and 13" Cragar SS wheels. tmm

It has three of the original 13 inch cragars, and the early shipping order number confirms that its probably an original charger. All the badges are there, but what's weird is that apparently its one of the original 180 factory built cars and its gold poly with gold interior according to the options plate.

The guy that owns it is a big Mopar guy and he pretty much garrentees that its a true dart charger, everything I saw makes me believe it, except for the color. Which he says, they came in several colors and not just pale yellow with black interior.

Do you have the vin number? Contact Ulf aka 65dartcharger, he knows everything about these cars and can decode them, he will tell you if it's real or not.

Just do your homework and may be contact Galen Govier to be sure. The car you're looking at may be a dealer stock car that was converted with the parts available..tmm

I am going to get the vin tomorrow. And who is galen govier?

he will just want your first born to do a single thing for you!

Oh awesome. Once I get the vin I will give him a call. Wonder if it costs anything..

He makes his living by checking out Mopars but he may answer a few questions
without a charge.

What a living. Sounds pretty legit, I don't have much money right now but I will see what I can do.

Here are some photos of the car.

Attachments

• IMAG0298.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IMAG0300.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMAG0301.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 307
  • IMAG0302.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 342
  • IMAG0296.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 283
That's very cool. What makes the Charger different from the standard Dart?

They only made 480, 180 factory and 300 dealer cars. Badges and being built in LA. Ive heard there is only like 24 are known to exist left.

Hey, If you buy buy the car I might sell you the only spare Cragar S/S wheel that I have. In that case you have a full set to start with.

-
Back