Millinials Have Done It Again

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
Yes they ruined something else making it about what they wanna do another made up excuse not do something. Friendsgiving what the hell is that. It’s the beginning of the end of Family not being important. It’s about them and what they feel like.

What's next "Frenemysgiving"??? Or "Imojisgiving"...or maybe "Hashtagsgiving"??

Treblig

Yes they ruined something else making it about what they wanna do another made up excuse not do something. Friendsgiving what the hell is that. It’s the beginning of the end of Family not being important. It’s about them and what they feel like.

we have friendsgiving with several people from our church, traditionally, on the wednesday before thanksgiving
there were probably people from 6 or 7 different states there, at least 3 different countries
most of them, or, i should say, us, have our families a very large distance away and were not able to visit them
the rest of them had traditional thanksgiving the next day

so, we got together with friends who could not make it to their family
whats wrong with that?

on top of that, i had to have thanksgiving with my inlaws, if it wasnt for the three pieces of pie i had on friendsgiving i would have had NO PIE this week
NONE

It will ALWAYS be thanksgiving to me. @ 60. I have no immediate family.
I'm thankful for the friends I have.
My best friend (Todd, known for 30 years) mentioned last week about out of seafood.
So, I went to Florida, to also deliver a pair of custom knifes, a couple of apple pie shine, to keep them warm, and a chew toy , for another friends dog.
was cold there , decided to come back before t-day, to miss the traffic
came back, to surprise Todd and his wife with grouper cheeks, lobster tail and shrimp.

On Thanksgiving day, they invited me to a family Turkey dinner.

SAM_5188.JPG

SAM_5193.JPG

SAM_5202.JPG

My family and my best friend and his family have been celebrating together for about 20 years. Easter thanksgiving and christmas dinners together. My mom moved back from BC 4 years ago and we bring her too.

Really? You are upset because people have a thanksgiving meal with a group of friends and call it Friendsgiving?

I do this every year because a lot of my friends have thanksgiving with their immediate families on thanksgiving so the weekend before we get together and have a big meal. Sounds awful doesn’t it.

les go back to the 60s all you had was everybody pissed about something and I'm just happy to have survived it

We always enjoy time spent with friends. Time spent with family can fall somewhere between enjoyed and tolerated. Just cold hard truth. Maybe some do need a designated "Friendsgiving Day", travel some distance to gather, whatever.

I do this every year because a lot of my friends have thanksgiving with their immediate families on thanksgiving so the weekend before we get together and have a big meal. Sounds awful doesn’t it.

I think the point is that it is replacing the family get together. My wife and I spent yesterday alone as the kids were doing their friendsgiving thing. Spend time with anyone but us.

I think the point is that it is replacing the family get together. My wife and I spent yesterday alone as the kids were doing their friendsgiving thing. Spend time with anyone but us.

Everyone I know has always done Friendsgiving on a day besides Thanksgiving. Not my place to get into your family matters bad sport but I think I would be having a conversation with your children about that.

Everyone I know has always done Friendsgiving on a day besides Thanksgiving. Not my place to get into your family matters bad sport but I think I would be having a conversation with your children about that.

You've missed the point.

You've missed the point.

If the point is that Friendsgiving is causing millinials to miss thanks giving with their families then I don’t think so. I am a millinial and as I said before, everyone I know does thanksgiving with their friends the weekend before this one. They all understand the importance of family and spending time with them on holidays.

If that is not the point then yes I am way off.

If that is not the point then yes I am way off.

If you re-read the OP, then my comment you will understand.

Many young folks now feel their lives and friends are far more important than family. It isn't my job to explain it to them, I raised them to understand that family time is important. They CHOOSE to do otherwise.......it's their loss in the long run.

I have no issue with them doing it on another day with their friends.

If you re-read the OP, then my comment you will understand.

Many young folks now feel their lives and friends are far more important than family. It isn't my job to explain it to them, I raised them to understand that family time is important. They CHOOSE to do otherwise.......it's their loss in the long run.

I have no issue with them doing it on another day with their friends.

Have you had a conversation about this with them? They should know better but maybe you should just bring it up.

Do we have to name everything nowadays?? Can't just say we're getting together with friends?? It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but I prefer not to have to put a name to everything!!

Do we have to name everything nowadays?? Can't just say we're getting together with friends?? It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but I prefer not to have to put a name to everything!!

perhaps you suffer from anpittakionophobia?
(stickers and labels are about the same)

Thanksgiving in my family has always allowed long time friends over. If they live far away and they make the trip great,happy to have them.
If they were a part of my kids upbringing they are considered family.
But if they are friends they see frequently and local, there should be at least a few hours being spent with the integral part of their family first.
No doubt. But still is Thanksgiving, regardless. No other name it could/should be.

I honestly don't understand why anyone is concerned with what others call their choice of celebration at this time of year or how they chose to do it. It is their right to live their life the way they choose and call it whatever they like.

Isn't that what Freedom is about?

Or am I in the wrong country?

I honestly don't understand why anyone is concerned with what others call their choice of celebration at this time of year or how they chose to do it. It is their right to live their life the way they choose and call it whatever they like.

Isn't that what Freedom is about?

Or am I in the wrong country?
Yes, that is what freedom is all about. It's also all about the OP stating HIS opinion.

Do like I do. Just don't give a flyin **** about millennials. Problem solved.

It's just not worth the effort anymore. "They" want to be noticed so whoever comes up with "something that is wrong" is a stinking hero in their mind. This won't end. Most of these people are as useless as "taste buds on an asshole." Our world is developing into a state of absolute ridiculousness. Quit trying to change **** that has worked for so long, get off your butt and be proud of what we have. If you want a new holiday, fine make one, but leave ours alone......at least until we're dead. When will......ah whatever.......it ain't gonna end.

Sure it is, but I think you missed the point as well.

-
Back