Mini starter crapped out already

-
The hammer worked on 3 different starters I dealt with, none being a Denso...Doh! 2 Fords and a big dead Chrysler Gear reduction. I've never had an issue, fitment, mesh or otherwise with the RAM style, 2 in 4 different blocks: slant, 2 LA's and 451...all A/T's. Now for the gear reduction to 'only spin' is a head scratcher: the electric solenoid only completes the motor circuit when its pulled back onto the contacts, and that is physically attached to the fork that moves the drive pinion forward over the ring gear/flywheel even before the electric motor starts to turn. Maybe the fork is bent, broken? Just a click would be the solenoid hitting a dead or broken contact. Would like to tear that one down and find the root cause.

The Ram style is different. I'm talkin over the counter Dakota and 1500 replacements.

After cleaning up the contacts and getting the starter working again I found a kit that included a plunger. Installed and working great without the worry of a no start again. Had extra contacts too if anyone is in need PM me. BTW....hammer did not work.

Edit...the above Victory Lap kit has contacts and plunger only. The dorman has studs, hardware, contacts and insulators but no plunger

View attachment 1715780312
I used a Victory Lap kit on another starter 3 years ago. Still working and used almost every day.

-
Back