[WANTED] mini starter!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant remeber about the stock starters, but I think you could wiggle them out. But a Mini is Definately the way to go. More cranking power & smaller size. But just go to any parts store near you & get 1 from a 90's 318 Dakota & it will bolt right in.

yes mrdodge69. i got long headers on my abody and stock size starters wont fit without pulling motor right?

You don,t have to pull the engine to get the stock starter out.With car up on stands,you should beable to move steering components to wiggle it out.You,ll be glad to put a mini starter back in.

Or a pull-a-part is a good place to get a cheap used one, if you want to go that route. The one I go to in Cleveland Ohio doesn't have any old cars at all (late 80s is about the furthest back and not many if at all) but they always have a variety of 90s Dakotas.

I have seen factory installed mini starters as early as 1987 on Diplomats, too.

I have a 71 Swinger with headman long tubs on a 360 Magnum. I use the stock starter from a 96 Dakota and I can get the starter in and out without taking the headder off. The V6 starter is a little smaller but dosent turn the engine over fast enough. I get mine from my local Pull-a-Part for $15

the starter on the 90's 318/360 Dakotas or Rams will work and at the local auto parts store you get a warranty for around 50-70 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back