modern looking stripe for the dart

-

joe440

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about putting a black stripe on the back of the car but want it a little more modern looking. anyone have pics or done something like this. i feel it would pull the black together better on my car.
dart001-3.jpg

dart003-3.jpg

I would run a stock 68 style stripe but paint it with the same paint as the hood, it would give it the old school feel but with a modern touch.

This is what it wouldlook like if you contracted it out to Eddie van Halen with pre payment of a bottle of whiskey and a case of black electrical tape.

dart001-3-1.jpg

By the way, that is one heck of a nice stable you got there, wow!

im gonna have to pass on the van halen style haha, i like the simple strip around like mopardrt and USCGchager has. i think something like those and im going to put 440X in it (X for the crossram)

thanks for the pics

something like this but with a cool font
0990.jpg

That would look good, I personally like the dual stripe on the 68's but maybe spell out Mopar or 440 vertically instead of horizontal and it would fit the look your after.

Here is another option.
In my opinion adding any decal to your car would only take away from it. You have done such a nice job keeping it clean with shaving the door handels and having the nice flat black hood, why spoil the clean lines with a decal. That thing looks sick :cheers:

440X.jpg

a guy on another site did this for, im diggin it (click on the words, i dont know why it isnt showing up)
[ame="http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/jsv08/?action=view&current=Dart01.jpg"]Dart01.jpg picture by jsv08 - Photobucket[/ame]

Joe440 -
Challengergary can do either a custom job in either vinyl or as a paintmask. His work is first class.
He did a '69 Dart style stripe for me with custom lettering and I'm extremely happy with his work (I'd show you, but the paint hasn't yet been done).

How about one of the other Mopar stripes:

68%20Charger-05%20W.jpg

68%20SuperBee%20web.jpg

1970-Dodge-Super-Bee-red.jpg

2416491_1398_full.jpg

2416491_1401_full.jpg

i think you should do something to the text. the stripe looks great but the text is such a generic font/style. maybe a slightly chunkier text? maybe angle it. just my thoughts its your car if you like it that way by all means do it.

i think you should do something to the text. the stripe looks great but the text is such a generic font/style. maybe a slightly chunkier text? maybe angle it. just my thoughts its your car if you like it that way by all means do it.

i agree, i want the font more aggressive and bolder. thats just what font the guy used that did it for me. i dont want to be a pain and ask him to keep changing it up, i can work off of what he did

-
Back