!!MOM!! The idiots are on Craigslist again!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Let's add this up. He thinks a good one is worth 5K. (Maybe is, maybe not). So he wants ME to pay him FOUR k because I'm gonna fix it for only 1K? REALLY?

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2718360117.html

Mechanics Special - $4000 (North Spokane)

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango red in color with tan leather interior. It has 104k miles and runs and drives the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced along with the transfer case. I have taken in to the shop and had it checked so I know this is the problem . It runs just fine in 2WD when in four wheel drive it works also just makes a clicking noise I only have tried 4WD for a brief time and turned it right back off when I heard the noise. The Transmission need the solenoid pack replaced but I have found both the transmission and the transfer case at Spaldings for a pretty reasonable deal. I can't afford to fix this with labor costs and parts so I am going to sell it off so someone can get a good car for cheaper than any Durango with this low of miles. You can find a ton of these cars for $5000 with 150k on them and this gives you one with significantly less miles for the same price after being fixed. Please let me know if you have any questions about my car. If it does not sell here shortly I am going to have the money to fix soon and will take care of it and sell at full price. It has dual climate control with A/C in the back as well as heat. Third row seating with infinity speakers and CD player with cassette player. Heat runs hot and A/C is super cold.

I don't understand the mentality of some people. It scares me that the trans and transfer case need to be rebuilt after 100k

He's trying to sell a hollow truck.
Once ya see it that way, ???

I *like* how cretins advertise their **** piles as "Mechanics' Special" or , worse yet , "Mechanics' Dream" .

I don't know many real mechanics whose nights are full of dreams of owning / working on some shitbox like the one advertised ...

...unless said mechanic just happened to pop a handful of Desoxyn !

The best ads are the ones with either no pictures , or pictures of the "vehicle" with some drunk family member dropping-a-deuce in the background while their Pit Bull chews on a Stretch Armstrong doll .

I actually tried to REASON with one of these asses one time, a rig that needed an engine. I asked, and he answered, we agreed, on "about" how much an engine would cost.

So then I asked him, So we agree on the on the engine, you're sayin' my time is worth nothing?

HE REALLY THOUGHT THAT WAS THE CASE. "I would be saving 'all that money' on labor." was his reasoning.

I sell mechanics' specials on Cl all the time. I tell them "I don't know what's wrong with it, it's up to you fix it. Buyer Beware."

Of course, I price accordingly on such deals. I have never had a hard time finding a buyer for them.

I have the skills to fix your broken turd so that makes it worth more? Keep driving it and it will be a total no go. Then the value will be greatly increase. If it's worth 5K and needs 3K of work you got yourself a 2K vehicle there.

I can buy those trucks around here for $1000-2000 running and driving and needing nothing! I wouldn't pay $4000 for a turd

I don't understand the mentality of some people. It scares me that the trans and transfer case need to be rebuilt after 100k

THAT, in itself, is the scary part. WTF do you have do to a transfer case to have it need a rebuild? Is this a monster Durango with big 38 inch tires and a blown HEMI I can't see? (Hummm, that actually sounds cool)

No doubt this guy lives in a world were cheap is a normal item. A Grand for trans and transfer case. LOL, YA< MAYBE A BROKEN ONE MADE OF SILVER!

I can buy those trucks around here for $1000-2000 running and driving and needing nothing! I wouldn't pay $4000 for a turd

Exactly. I'll get a cheaper on and raid the engine out of it, scrape/sell the rest, recoup the money and maybe even make a profit. :blob:

My '03 Durango needed a trans at 103. The tranny guy I took it too said that was about normal for what he worked on. In fact, that is what the general consensus of all the tranny guys I talked to was. My Durango tranny was $2300 with a two year warranty.

I saw one on the Portland CL that needed front sheet metal work for Something like $2000...and IIRC, that was a '98.

Some people see crap and think it's gold...

j

-
Back