Mopar Action magazine DISCONTINUED

-
An Inland Mopars Car Club friend told me yesterday that the latest issue of Mopar Collectors Guide states that Parade Publishing fired/replaced the editorial staff of the new Mopar Action magazine after the December issue came out stating they're "going in a different direction" whatever that means.
I sent in my new subscription payment over a month ago and still haven't seen anything show up in the mailbox nor have I been able to find MA on the grocery store magazine rack.
There's a thread over on FBBO saying the same thing.

I had just paid for a 2 year renewal. I even got another bill in the mail and had to verify I had already sent in the check?!?!?!

They owe me a couple issues from before.
I'll be damned if I buy a copy at the grocery store when they still owe me.
I understand new owners blah,blah,blah. But they're the ones who said they honor the old subscriptions.
Until they do, they're word aint worth the paper they printed it on. How am I expected to trust what they print until I see some good faith on their part.

I'm down under and had a year to go on my sub, haven't and don't expect any issues to be on my door step soon

Well, I'm totally confused as to the conversation and direction of this thread.. Harris publications went belly up in April 2016, two weeks after I renewed my subscription for another 2 years!! If they are back in publication I'd like to know by whom as I'd luv to be getting the copies of a subscription I paid for of what was a great magazine..

The direction is.......
Kiss your money goodbye.
Another publisher bought the magazine, and they stated they would honor the subscriptions. Well I think the new publisher lasted a whole 2 issues before they called it quits too.
I renewed at Mopar Nats for 2 years, the only thing I ever saw was the t-shirt they gave away.
The way I see it, I basically paid $27 for a $5 t-shirt that shrank.
Sorry to be the guy that breaks it to you, but that's that sad truth.
Oh, and I did submit that form that Harris Publishing sent. But my attorney said said don't count on much. So far, he's been right.

Tis the sad truth about corporate America.. I filled out the same form from Harris and never saw a dime, least you got a t-shirt.. All the fat cats and attorneys got their money, and the hard working simple men like us, as usual just get the shaft..

Mopar Action was at the Nats selling subscriptions.
They hollered at me wanting me to sign up.
I asked where the hell was the issues they already owe me.
I was told that I'd get those, but I really should sign up for a new subscription.
Apparently they were there last year selling subscriptions also and those issues haven't been printed let alone mailed out.
Looks like straight fraud to me.

I was chatting to him at a show earlier in the year.....and at that point in time he was dead certain that Mopar Action was finished. I hope it does rise from the dead, I'm another one who's owed a two year subscription.

What about for those people, like me, who subscribed previously and never received their subscription. I hope they have that list of people and will honor their subscriptions.

From Cliff Gromer:
"contact the publisher-- the company will honor their subs."

Not sure how that relates to you who signed up under Harris, but worth a shot.

I just still subscribe to Chrysler Power. The mag shows up every two months. Sad to here of Roland's passing.

An Inland Mopars Car Club friend told me yesterday that the latest issue of Mopar Collectors Guide states that Parade Publishing fired/replaced the editorial staff of the new Mopar Action magazine after the December issue came out stating they're "going in a different direction" whatever that means.
I sent in my new subscription payment over a month ago and still haven't seen anything show up in the mailbox nor have I been able to find MA on the grocery store magazine rack.
There's a thread over on FBBO saying the same thing.

Can only speak for myself but I eventually got my check back from the company that bought Mopar Action back then.

I just confirmed with Rick Ehrenberg that Mopar Action is indeed still alive. Or, maybe more accurately, reborn. It will be published by Athlon Media Group, aka AMG/Parade. This is the outfit which bought the old Mopar Action from Harris Publications, and released a single issue about a year ago.

Rick said about the magazine publication: "Yes, 100% true, the first new issue will be out in late October, and it will be pretty much unchanged."

Mopar Action dot com is up and running with a link to a subscription site, and little else at this point.

I have no information about the honoring of any previous subscriptions with either Harris or Athlon, or if an e-subscription will be available. Athlon has several other magazines they publish, so I'd imagine they have the necessary distribution network to get Mopar Action in stores. It was the loss of such a network which Harris Publications claimed caused them to pull the plug in the first place.

I hope this is good news to some of you. It is to me. I re-upped for two years.

Cheers.

More power to them, but I'll believe it when I see it.
So far all I've seen out of them is lip service.
I was told at Nationals that someone would call me about the back issues I'm owed. They had me write down my info. I was assured that they would call and follow up.
More lip service.

More power to them, but I'll believe it when I see it.
So far all I've seen out of them is lip service.
I was told at Nationals that someone would call me about the back issues I'm owed. They had me write down my info. I was assured that they would call and follow up.
More lip service.
Yeah, unfortunately, but I will watch for it to pop back up on the stands. If so , well it might be pricier, but I'll at least know I got it when I hand over the $$!!

It's been a dark, desolate existence sitting on the porcelain throne ever since Ehrenberg stopped showing up in my mailbox every other month. Mopar Muscle doesn't cut it; I think I've now seen every resto-modded Cuda in the US.
Subscribed to Hemmings Muscle Machines and actually like it better than MM - it has at least 2 Mopars in every issue plus other really cool muscle cars that get me thinking.
If MA resurrects, I'll reup and cross my fingers.

Here's the difference between MM and MA:
I read a tech article in MM (which is nothing more than the editor going to a well-placed vendor's garage and having them install their product in his car), and say to myself 'I've done that'.
I read one of Rick's tech articles in MA and think 'That's cool, I wonder if I can do that?'

Of course you may do as you like.

You are aware that the entity that stiffed you, ownership at Harris Publications, has nothing to do with the current incarnation of Mopar Action? Some of the people responsible for the magazine's content are now employees or freelancers working for a new company. I'm certain they wish you would get everything you paid for.

If you paid AMG/Parade in that small window last year when they were accepting payment for M.A. subscriptions, I'd imagine it is still valid.

Also, I seem to remember that there was some sort of promise that AMG/Parade was going to make good on subscriptions made with Harris. Perhaps that avenue could still be investigated.

Well, I've gone from what I know, to what I think, to purely guessing.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:
I just still subscribe to Chrysler Power. The mag shows up every two months. Sad to here of Roland's passing.
I didn't know that magazine was still around. For me, the early issues were the best of ANY magazine that I had ever read. It was real Mopar, the rest were junk, as far as I was concerned.
But when, IIRR, I think it was Roland's wife died, the mag took on a different format. It seemed to be something that you would read while in a waiting room. It was completely different.
I still remember an article about a woman drag racer nick named Bunny, who was in an accident at the end of the strip. It told the whole story, and all about the hardships that she was going through to recover. Good to read, well written,but it was just not what I wanted. He had the right format early on, that's why I don't like today's mags. They don't compare.

You may have been through this before, but this is from Mopar Action's Facebook page in mid-August. It seems they are planning to make good on paid subscriptions.

Q: Will you be honoring the subscription I had when you stopped publishing, or am I just S-O-L?

A:
Mopar Action Magazine We will take care of all your concerns. Please contact us at 800-284-5668 or email [email protected] with your name, address and a brief message explaining your situation.

Good luck. I hope you get satisfaction.

I can't wait till it re appears.
Mopar Action was the best hands down and always will be, thanks to Ehrenburg.
He really knows his stuff............

Would that be "Roland" of the old "hemi owners association" ?

Yes, Roland Osborne

RolandMemorialArt-600x600.png

(from chryslerpower.com/webstore)

I liked Mopar Action better than Muscle. Action's tech articles taught you how. Muscle was just a highlight of the procedure. I got rid of Collectors guide a couple years ago. Too many over the top restored cars with unbelievable stories.

Thank EBooger for that!

Looks like Mopar Action is back in print! I received a new issue today. I suppose they went off the old mailing list. There was a subscription card inside. Probably just the one issue and then you have to renew. Good to have E-Booger back. Anyone else get an issue?

Yes, Roland Osborne

View attachment 1715097712

(from chryslerpower.com/webstore)

Not to jack the thread, , but I had supper w/ Roland and the other guy (can`t remember his name)that started the hemi owners assoc., back in the day. Was really a fun time back then.Condolances to his family and friends. Still have a tank top from the assoc. hanging in my garage.

Yesterday I sent an email to [email protected]. I also sent a scan of the address label that was on the last issue of Mopar Action I received (August 2016) for reference, as I've moved since receiving it. Today I received a reply. They combined my accounts by adding almost a year's worth of issues for which I paid Harris Publications to go to my old address.

So far, so good. It seems they really want the goodwill that goes along with honoring subscriptions that were paid to another company, and to get past the hard feelings of unfulfilled promises of recent months. It was worth the few minutes it took to write the email. I hope everyone has an equally satisfying experience.

mags make their money from ads not subscribers, but I guess if they sold NO mags there would be NO ads!!!? ha

I have been thinking about Hemmings car mag, yes I know it is all brands!!!!

mags make their money from ads not subscribers, but I guess if they sold NO mags there would be NO ads!!!? ha

I have been thinking about Hemmings car mag, yes I know it is all brands!!!!

Exactly correct. They want the subscription numbers to bolster ad rates, even if they have to give away a few magazines. They probably view it as a long term investment to get some old subscribers back in the fold.
I just bought a subscription to the Hemmings muscle car magazine. I don't know if I would have, if I knew about the Mopar Action resurrection. There's always at least one Mopar in Hemmings, sometimes more. I got a great deal through a school fundraiser. 24 issues for 20 dollars. I'm sure I was buying at least four or five a year off the news stand at around six bucks apiece.

-
Back