Mopar and modified eliminator....

-

B.R.E.Demon

Reaction score
Thinking over drag racing in the day and mopars presence in stock, super stock, and pro stock. But what about the average guy that ran modified eliminator? Lets see some of those a bodies.

Thinking over drag racing in the day and mopars presence in stock, super stock, and pro stock. But what about the average guy that ran modified eliminator? Lets see some of those a bodies.

I had a buddy and he and I were working on Modified Eliminator stuff for ourselves when we met my junior year in HS.

We both had everything (as good as we could at that time) lined up and by the time we graduated we’re buying machine tools to build our stuff.

Then NHRA killed the eliminator.

Then he was killed 5 years later in an industrial accident.

I‘m pissed about NHRA (they should have killed Comp) but his death was a real *****.

Killing Modified Eliminator put a lot of guys out of racing.

What a great time that was. Tons of destroked smallblocks, 300 to 315in range, in the D,E classes. I remember seeing a Duster in a 70's Magazine with i recall was at 311". Had fenderwell headers a tunnel ram and ton of gear. Most all the makes with small blocks were in the 10's. The A,B cars were big blocks very similar to the Pro Stock cars of the day.

here is an old one ...

6001620-MVC-156F (1).JPG

Jim Hale has a TON of experience with Mopars, he was my go to guy years back when I raced B body Stock Eliminator cars. After a few ears, I bought one of his older Super Stock cars and campaigned it.

For us younger guys could someone please explain what made modified eliminator cars and the class so awesome and if there are any comparisons would be cool to know also.

For us younger guys could someone please explain what made modified eliminator cars and the class so awesome and if there are any comparisons would be cool to know also.
To me it was the weight/cubic inch rule. Guys could get weight breaks by going to smaller engines. Which made them need to rev to the moon. Think, 300 cubes and 11,000 rpm.

To me it was the weight/cubic inch rule. Guys could get weight breaks by going to smaller engines. Which made them need to rev to the moon. Think, 300 cubes and 11,000 rpm.
Sounds badass

-
Back