Mopar cruise night rant

-
I have been hearing this for over 35 years on being a mopar person.Dumb asses are breeding out of control and it will not get any better.I came back from a show in Ottawa Ontario Canada,450 cars/trucks/special interest autos,and they ask me why a 4 door sedan C body.The reason,to start off with,its clean car,great lines and looks,they only made 2187 of these,of that their might be a hand full left in Canada or the USA,and since its a canadian model with a special combo,it down to the 1 of maybe hand full.Dude,when was the last time you say one,DUH 3 or 4 times,now go ask all the mopar people here,there response,30-40 years of owning mopars and they can,t remember the last time they say one,thats the piont.I can go a buy a E body,B body or a done up A body done to the nines,and I will not be noticed at all,I would be a nother of the 10,000 regular cars.My freind,I say,F$%k them all,be different and do it the way you want it and don,t let any *** hole that can,t afford a gas cap tell or how to install it,tell you different,mrmopartech:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

I agree with something stated earlier.. when your name is on the title, you can do as you please... I go to car shows to see cars.. I dont care if they're #'s matching, clones, rat rods, beaters, etc... I mean if I see a factory original car, or a complete true restoration, I appreciate them and think they're cool.. but I also like seeing what people do when they get creative, or when they make what THEY want out of the vehicle.. I get grief for my Dart all the time.. I just tell them to go pound salt... I am doing what I want with my Dart..

I normalllly tell'em F'in what! and if it goes past that, it's F%^&(K Off dickhead.

When I bought my car (67 Barracuda FB) our club's mini Galen, as we call him, started in on me about my fender tags missing and how devalued the car was without them. Well I let him know that I was pretty sure that a 67 didn't come with 4 wheel disks, 1.25" front sway bar, 7/8" rear bar, 17" wheels, 75 block 360 and mid 90's dodge shadow buckets seats. I did tell him that I thought the ashtray was numbers matching though. He generally leaves me alone now.

When I finished my last '69 Dart,I took it up to Mopars with Big Daddy D . I had some jerk come up and ask why I spent so much on building a Slant 6, Itoo very politely told him to look around,of the nearl 4-500 MOPARS,show me "1" that looks like mine !!!!Ha,the closest thing to mine was a bone stock totally restored '60 Slant 6 Valiant !!! "THAT'S WHY" !!!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT !!!!!

That's cool, you did what YOU wanted!!8)

OK so last nite me and my buddy decide to go to a local MoPar cruise nite. For the most part the people there were great, all sharing a common passion of MoPars. But why is it theres always someone that has to go over to my car and say its a nice car but....."ya know that motor doesnt belong in that car,its a slant six car". Im always polite but I would just love to say...no **** I put the 360 in there. I dont care if its a numbers match car, a clone, a tribute, a beater, or a parts car, if you aint gonna say something positive, dont say anything. phewwww ok thanks I feel better now

Yeah thanks Einstein now go get a haircut and finish your theory of relativity you moron! He's just jealous Johnny!

One car show that I went to had me following around behind Beavis and ButtHead. They were criticizing ever car they came across, saying how they would do this and that. As I was leaving in my 4x4 I noticed they were driving away as passengers in a city transit bus:-s:lol:

You gotta love this thread , I had Challenger Gary make me up an Ebody strobe for my 69 fastback guess how many experts I hear from every week lol , I either tell them it was a late production run option to test public opinion before releasing the ebody models or I tell em to give the 50k I spent restoring every nut and bolt and they can take it home and peel the stripe off it's vinyl "no money? piss up a rope buddy "

When I was in the car corral at Rhinebeck, this spring,
I got tired of the people who would say:

My Dad/Mom/Aunt/Uncle/Grandparents

used to have a car Just Like this one,
BUT it was a 4 door with a Slant 6.

Oh ok, JUST like this 2 door Hardtop, but they had a 4 door,
Oh and that car JUST Like this had a slant 6.

End of the 2nd hot day of tire kickers I told one guy,
where is your car, JUST like mine? I want to see it; Uh it went to a junkyard 30 years ago///
:bootysha:

Tell them it started as a truck and you slowly over the years replaced one piece at a time untill you got it to look like that. The last piece to change will be the motor. For the more advanced BSer, tell them it started as a Nova!

Hahahahahahahahha Gotta Love Wrong Island! Ahhhh Franks Mopar (I drive a phord to every event that isnt in Nassau county) power club......That'll be $25 please.

I had 1 "expert" tell me that you could NOT get a 340 with factory air.
When I showed him the original broadcast sheet, he said that it must have
been a mix up somewhere.

I told him the only mix up was between his ears.

I get tired of hearing why would someone cut the rear quarters on a car like that.I usally just tell them it was done in the mid 70's when no one cared about these cars....LOL but that will change between now and next spring..

Heck I remember when guys would buy these cars brand new and couldn't wait to start ripping off the factory stuff to put on high performance goodies. When I bought my 70 340 swinger the first thing I did was put a edelbrock manifold with a holley 700 double pumper, cyclone headers and a accell duel point dizzy on it. Thew everything I took off in the trash, which now I wish I had to sell. But that was then and this is now.

I do enjoy seeing something factory original but I get more of a kick out of seeing a car someone has made their own.

i have had this crap happin to me also with my 73 duster started out a slant with auto trans and now sports a 340 4 speed called a guy about a 70 to 72 duster dog house to get rid of the 73 nose being i like a flat hood guy told me i couldnt stop with the nose that i needed to change the doors and tail to pass it off as a 72 i told him i wanted the flat hood and grill cause i like the look i always tell them i build them the way i would have been able to order them if i was alive when these great cars were being built

Some guy walked up at a friday night cruise, looked at the VIN tag and said "WOW! Thats not a real GTS...!"

I said "****, I don't know. My grandma bought this Nova brand new and that's the motor that came in it from the factory"

-
Back