Mopar ECU- invented by NASSAR

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
guy on CL has 79 Volare, yes the very first year for Mopar Electronic Ignition, and YES it was designed by NASSAR, just up his road at Huntville, Al.
When I lived in Ga. were swore you could take the Eastern half of Al. and move those folk into Western half of Ga. and raise the IQ of both states 45%. !!???? ha
Sorry Al. that was a joke!!????? ha

guy on CL has 79 Volare, yes the very first year for Mopar Electronic Ignition, and YES it was designed by NASSAR, just up his road at Huntville, Al.
When I lived in Ga. were swore you could take the Eastern half of Al. and move those folk into Western half of Ga. and raise the IQ of both states 45%. !!???? ha

Does he mean this guy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBTYc7J4P7UrPcVFHY1VaZoYHR78Y5BvN65bl6On7lumuV50sh-Q.jpg

C'MON man!!! Ya gotta post the link!!!

Here is part of the ad: What you will love about this 4 door sedan is the super reliable in line slanted six cylinder engine called the Super Six. It is 225 cubic inch with factory electronic ignition from Rocket City Alabama. (Huntsville) This was the first year any engine in America stopped using points and this was made possible by the same company building the Apollo space craft that landed men on the moon around when Kennedy was shot! Its great on gas with its 2 barrel carb but runs fast anyway because it is from the muscle car era.

He must be referring to Robert (Bobby) Kennedy you know the more famous Kennedy as he was shot in 1968!! I still can't get over that the tubeless tires hold air after re-priming and painting the rims. LOL

Kennedy shot Nov 22, 1963, men step on moon July 21, 1969, Mopar ECU standard in 1972. AMC may have had points as late as 75...

I remember the moon landing, watched it live on one of the 3 tv stations we had back then.

Mopar race teams ran the earliest version of electronic ign. back in 60's....along with mechanical FI, right????

Everytime I tried to paint the rim ( bead area) it never would stay sealed.

Corvettes had transistorized ignition as an option in the mid 60s and Chevy and Pontiac had mechanical fi as an option in 57.

Corvettes had transistorized ignition as an option in the mid 60s and Chevy and Pontiac had mechanical fi as an option in 57.
Desoto had EFI in '57, using a sort of horn-ring/roller contact arrangement..............................

Here is part of the ad: What you will love about this 4 door sedan is the super reliable in line slanted six cylinder engine called the Super Six. It is 225 cubic inch with factory electronic ignition from Rocket City Alabama. (Huntsville) This was the first year any engine in America stopped using points and this was made possible by the same company building the Apollo space craft that landed men on the moon around when Kennedy was shot! Its great on gas with its 2 barrel carb but runs fast anyway because it is from the muscle car era.
Good Lord that whole thing's just embarrassing.....................................

Kennedy shot Nov 22, 1963, men step on moon July 21, 1969, Mopar ECU standard in 1972. AMC may have had points as late as 75...
Thanks to the EPA (Everyone's Pain in the ***) and the 1970 Clean Air Act, Electronic Ignition was required by law by 1975 and cat convs by 1977.

The only halfway truth in that adebacle is that Mopar hired laid-off NASA engineers in the mid '70's and created the lovable Lean-burn masterpieces for Us all!!

-
Back