mopar guru's............ WHAT CAR IS THIS????????????????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
This is a 78 volare, but the owner is telling me it is a horribly rare a43 petty purpose built kit car?????????????

Can anyone shed any light on this car?
It has a weird sway bar setup up front, 360 auto console, buckets, sure grip rear. Unsure of type of rear though, never looked.

Thanks

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,012
  • 002.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 003.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 999
  • 004.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 999
  • 006.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,017
Or--- Looks like an old Volari Roadrunner (and I consider that a bastardization of the name "Roadrunner).

I think Adam's right, though.

no, not a road runner. i just looked up the fender tag code, and it is a petty kit car. something like 247 made,a nd of that. something like 9 were real console shifter cars.

should i pick it up for 4,500.00? he swears it runs and drives.

I'm no expert on these cars by any means, but if it's a real one that would be cool! Cool find!

Attachments

• 32214052130_large.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,001
about it being real. the dash title, fender tag, all match. and i ran the codes, and it does come up as a 78 360 petty kit car

looks like its in pretty good shape and, most important, its all there. 4500 seems like a good deal.

ok, i am not buying to keep, but maybe to save it from sitting and rotting, and to even make 200.00 off of it. i am going to offer him 4300 but he seems pretty firm on the 4500. we'll see

As others have said and as you know the parts for that car are rarer then rare. The SC clone I am building is rare figure around 1000 (half the # of super birds), and this one makes SC's look like a dime a dozen. I would be interested to see what makes the front sway bar different?

Yup. looks like the real thing. those are pretty rare. drivetrain too?

complete. does not look to ever be touched

Bring it to me. You can have the scamp for it.

^^^^ you can!. I want to make 200 off of it, for my time. I am going in the morning to talk to the owner once more.

-
Back