Mopar man from michigan, 1972 plymouth Duster

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Im new to the site and wanted to introduce myself DusterDude72 ( aka Jerrod ) lol. Im a good old michigan boy. Always been a car guy...22 years of age. I have had mustangs and camaros and firebirds and even a 72 mach 1 mustang and a 77 corvette and a few beefed up cars I built. But it always seems like you couldnt drive 2 blocks with out seeing another mustang or another firebird and what not. I remember the times driving around and seeing an old mopar sitting by the side of the road for sale or something and gawking at it because you dont see old mopars around that often and its much more rare of a site to see then your daily run accross with cars I had mentioned above. so I have always been drawn to the fact of that there arent as many mopars around any more and when people see you in your car they stop and stare because its not an everyday sight. Not to mention...cars were built right back then...not slapped togeather with chincy pieces of plastic interior pieces and super thin sheet metal. even the interior is part metal come on lol....thats soooo cool. anyhow,not trying to ramble. My father was always a big mopar guy and always told me of all the dusters he use to have and the cudas and the challengers...wich in turn got me into mopar and my little one will be exposed to the mopar world also. anyhow. I just a few weeks ago picked up a 1972 plymouth (gold) Duster for $500.00.....I had been searching and searching for a worthy project car....spent hundreds in gas driving around,countless hours searching the web....come to find out,theres a 72 duster not even 2 miles from my home lol...Go figure!. It has stock rally wheels in great shape,the car was a california car(still has california sticker in window) so it is VERY solid....no rust on floors anywhere at all,no rust on body anywhere except some very very minor rust on the bottom of drivers side rear quarter panel. (easy fix) ,interior is almost as clean as when it shipped off the line other then a few minor things. no engine but it did come with a 904 tranny. 4:10 posi rear end...nice car....what do you guys think for $500.00? I have photos posted in my gallery. anyways,I just wanted to introduce myself and give you guys a bit of info and what not...see you on the forums!

Hey DusterDude72, welcome to FABO from a couple fellow Michiganians, "cosgig" and "cudagirl". Nice find on the Gold Duster, and $500.00 is a steal, even in this economy. Of course you are going to get many requests for pictures of your find, so you might as well start posting them right now!!!LOL!!! Where are you at in Mich? We live in Pinckney, around Ann Arbor. We just picked up a 73 Duster that we are bringing back to life so you're in good company there too!!! Chime in anytime, and if you need anything I can provide, just say the word and we'll get together. Welcome again, take off your shoes and stay a while, Geof and Nella

DANG....so far from what I have gathered....the mopar community is a very open arms type lol. thanks for the warm welcome. Im in the jackson area...so not TOO far from where you are. I posted up pictures in my profiles gallery, still working on figuring out how to set up a picture for my avatar (signiture) and on how to post pictures in forums and what not. New to the hole forum thing so I need to figure out how to do alot yet on here. yeah I know I got a good deal on the duster. It should be a good project,Im not going to rush to get it done or anything either, I am going to strip it down and do body work over the winter....alot of block sanding so it comes out nice and straight. and I will have an engine on a stand being spiffed up ,Not looking to turn big HP numbers ...I am just looking to make a nice looking,riding duster with some get up and go to it. but the main focus is making it look good and saying MOPAR all the while. I will end up redoing the interior also. working with limited funds so it will all be bought piece by piece and put togeather but I have made many good looking vehicles under the same process. its a toss up on my color choice still,but I am thinking plum crazy purple with satin black 340 stripe kit,satin black hood scoops and possibly the satin black stripe between the tail lights,probably keep the rally wheels (they just look cool I think) 60 series tires all around,A set of hood pins,a shark tooth grill and I will probably run air shocks in the rear. I like the pouncing stance on an old mopar...that being said I think it will be a good looking duster. If not purple,I am thinking yellow with the black or maybe some others. but I am pretty sure I am going plum crazy purple with the paint. Anyhow. Thanks for the reply and the warm welcome and if you have any usfull duster info or tips or cool ideas or whatever...message me on here. Thanks again

Welcome to the site from an ol' Mopar nut from Iowa. toolmanmike

Welcome from a former Michiganian (Detroit area) now in SoCal.

Super clean car. $500? You should be jailed for theft. Good luck on the project, bro.

Welcome aboard...take advantage of all this forum has to offer, there are a lot of smart people here.

Welcome to the family jerrod.You will find some great people and real good information here.Just ask.from one michiganite(bay city)to another ,welcome

Alan

It's great to have you aboard Jerrod!!! Kick off your shoes, make yourself comfortable and get something really tall and cold to drink cuz you'll be here a LOT. Welcome to the addiction known as FABO.

Starting to figure out how to post pictures up....not bad for $500.00? don't you think? its a very solid california car that came back to michigan. underside of the car is rust free and there is barely any rust on exterior,just some pretty minor dents here and there but nothing that a little time and effort cant fix. interior is very clean but from what I gather from my fender tag vin....its not the original interior. but still,cant beat it for the price

shrunk2.JPG

shrunk picture.JPG

duster frontshrunk.jpg

door panel.JPG

dash.JPG

backseat.JPG

front seat.JPG

welcome from the Grand Rapids area of michigan and fellow young mopar fan!!!!!!!!

Did you use a gun or carrot when you closed the deal? Great buy and project starter. I only wish that I had that much of a headstart when I acquired my toy. Welcome to the site, more help here than you could ever imagine. Great group of Guys and Gals.

-
Back