MOPAR Parts at Pate Swap Meet Texas Texas

-
I also have a new set of 5140 Eagle SIR rods that I forgot about, they are also packed up in the trailer.

I also have a new set of 5140 Eagle SIR rods that I forgot about, they are also packed up in the trailer.

Wondering ; if I wear my O U Sooners jacket , will I get my *** whooped ?!
LOL, had to say that !

Not by me I could care less about football I got better things to do with my time than watch sports

Pate is a big swap meet, bring your walking shoes or rent a cart. I sold there two years ago. One of two mopar guys there, sold out of just about everything by Friday afternoon.

Well we made it to Pate (7 1/2 hours), unhitched the trailer at the fairgrounds and ate some bbq. We're getting stray showers that r supposed to slowly dissipate tomorrow then it's supposed to b nice the rest of the week. If i see any neat Mopar stuff I will post (pics) it here. Treblig

Back in the 90's I did a lot of parts, I would occasionally go to a big general sway, like Lincoln Ne . I would make a mopar flag, raise it high, I could watch and see guys see that flag and actually break into a run coming!!!!! One time at small general swap a GM guy had a lot of NOS stuff, all GM except a pair of 70 cuda headlight bezels!!!!!! Bought them for a GM price. Took them to Nats., the NOS guys with the fancy tents had them for $1000 for a pair, and yep they got that. It took me to Sun. at 11 am to get $350 for the pair. If I had a $1 for every guy that picked them up and looked at them and offered me $50, I could have gave them away!!!!!
I sure don't miss hawking parts!!!!!!!!

I did swap meet vending at Raceway Park dragstrip Englishtown N.J. late 80s early 90s. It was nothing but a good time. Selling mopar parts etc. My folks came out to see me on a saturday. I took my dad back to the truck gave him a roll of bills said put it in your pocket and go home. You dont want to know how much is there. I cleared $2,300 that weekend, drove home with an empty pickup.

I made some signs MOPAR and made the letters as large as possible. I have a few gm parts and made a sign for them as well. PS- just remembered that I also have a really nice set of polished of 69 Barracuda tail light lenses!!

I also foind this when i was digging around in the trailer
20190424_171805.jpg

I can let u know tomorrow but pretty sure that theyr a set of head bolts. Will get pn in the morning.

First day at pate was fairly successful but i was surprised that the majority of Mopar enthusiasts were looking for BB stuff

First day at pate was fairly successful but i was surprised that the majority of Mopar enthusiasts were looking for BB stuff
I have noticed since coming to Tx 2 1/2 years ago, Mopar parts are not near as plentiful as Missouri, and costs more. Everything costs more here!
Big block stuff gets harder to find all the time. Back In Mo. 400's were common as dirt, but 440's had been coming out of motor homes for several years a lot..

I did pretty good at Pates this year. Found a Mopar Road Runner low restriction air cleaner for my sons car. Got it for a hundred dollar bill haggle price.

A nice running B&D bench grinder for $15. Guy plugged it into his gas generator. It ran fine. I will doll it up by repainting and adding safety shields to it. And i got to meet Treblig. I bought his ARP headbolt kit he had listed for $35. I figure i will use that on sonnys 318. I cant buy stock headbolts that cheap.

The piepan is a little beat up. I guess some would say its got "patina" on it. I think i am going clean the dirt off it, unbend the bent edges, and make a clock out of it.

Also picked up a nice shirt for the wifey. She likes 69 camaros. Not my thing, but they still are nice cars. So i got her a nice 69 camaro shirt, and a couple more car movie DVDs for my car movie collection.

My buddy Scott drove us there, was looking for 74 duster parts. I bought him breakfast, and payed for his gas. All told was a great day. Had a lot of fun, cant believe i walked all those rows of stuff. Needed that day off to recharge from the normal every day rat circus. Now i'm gonna need a day for my legs to recuperate.

20190426_172034.jpg

Last edited:
Nice meeting you. You got some good deals!! Look forward to seeing you on FABO. Treblig

Couldn't make it this year.
Have these for sale a little South, if anyone is looking for some at Pate.

20190411_084055.jpg

20190411_081953.jpg

Damn so close, yet so far away. If they were 68-69 buckets i'd be all over em. BTW i saw this "bar stool racer" i think this ones gonna be a winner lol

20190426_094223.jpg

20190426_094239.jpg

Well the verdict is in.....everyone liked all my rare hood ornaments. But it took too mich time to clean up the yellow and brown mess at the end of the day.

20190427_090559.jpg
20190427_090613.jpg

Scotty and i are concidering being vendors next year. I got a copy of The Pate Times when i walked in 7am on friday. Got a 3rd buddy who has lots of old chevy stuff. May have to get some spots, and take some vacation next year, unless they do it again in the fall.

-
Back