mopar quit casting blocks

-

swifter

Reaction score
Anyone else here this??? I was working with josh king on a 6.1 block for our drag-pac motor I want to put together and the price was out of the world. He informed me that Mopar no longer is casting blocks and the prices are going sky high, I dont know if its only the 6.1 or what the hell is going on-steve

well as far as i know they (mopar/world) are not making the Gen II's either.

GM and Ford are still makin lots of blocks.

Wasn't it about 10 years ago cummins started making the gen II Hemi block and the 360?

yes for a time they were making the hemi blocks (no knowledge in SB). They stopped making blocks and then world starting making them for mopar again, now world dosn't seem to be putting them out anymore... I figured it was a fiat thing

Those casting blocks,will be sold for a price . Effective response,will adjust the price. Expensive,
aftermarket will buy it ,and make it affordable,for the dot.com crowd.

They must have just quit doing the gen II blocks, we just got one at the end of last year and built dad a 557"
Place an order through Mopar, it shows them that there is still interest and money to be had.

the R3 supply has dried up also..... when I ordered mine a year and a half ago there were like 6-8 different configurations still in warehouse, and one P4876671AD like the one I bought in Warren. I was oh so tempted to buy that one too, but it's hard to justify $2400 just sitting on a crate in the garage. Now I'm starting to wonder.

-
Back