Mopar Rally or Cragar SS

• Mopar Rally

Votes: 67 39.9%
  • Cragar SS

Votes: 101 60.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Since you already have BBP wheels, why not be open to other vintage wheel possibilities?
The Mr Norm's GSS has a chrome interpretation. The Poncho is included because the color is closest I could find to your Dart and shows the classic interpretation of the Hurst mag wheel. These are now available in repro, although there are plenty of originals for sale.

Attachments

• Hurst-3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 678
  • 0806phr_07_z+hurst_wheels+.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 672
I went thru a lot of wheels in my day.....All kinds of rally's, Mag 500's, Super Tricks, SS Cragar's, Torque Thrusts, Centerlines, Welds, etc. If you really like a functional race type wheel, the last 5+ years or so, this Billet Specialty wheel is my favorite, as long as your wallet is fat :D.

This style in particular.....

Attachments

• RS03_Street-Lite-15x4-Side.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 662
Always been a aluminum slot kinda guy. You can take a cheap crusty set and
polish them up as nice as you want. Brushed finish or like a mirror. Great vintage wheels that truely are the definition of a Muscle Car from the 60s thru the 80s.

Not that we're purists, but the Rallye wheels are the way to go on vintage cars. Add a set of nice raised white letter tires and you just can't go wrong.

I went thru a lot of wheels in my day.....All kinds of rally's, Mag 500's, Super Tricks, SS Cragar's, Torque Thrusts, Centerlines, Welds, etc. If you really like a functional race type wheel, the last 5+ years or so, this Billet Specialty wheel is my favorite, as long as your wallet is fat :D.

Agreed, although mine are the black anodized :twisted:

Those are freakin nice, but my wallet aint that fat.

I like the look of Both, But if I had to choice between the 2 I would say Cargar's I wonder Why....

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 546
  • 299516_1813228309165_1793770338_1214541_460617294_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 458
I had Cragar S/S on my first 73 Duster 35 years ago, and I put them on my current '73 as soon as I changed over to the BBP. I think they're classic old school, and you never see them around up here in BC.

Attachments

• 100_5136.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 601
You don't see cragars much here either. Not that many mopars here either, so not many Rally wheels to see.

Not my car. A link to the rest of the pictures. http://www.2040cars.com/Dodge/Dart/1967-dodge-dart-440-magnum-324429/
thumb_001_370_277.jpg

I voted Rally Wheels because I think they're one of the most appealing steel wheels ever made...while Cragar S/S wheels are so common to the point where the eye just skips over them...but I do agree with the folks who feel that Rallys should be on post-1970 cars only. :)

Are Torq-Thrust wheels off the table? These would look amazing on you Dart and they'd likely be quite a bit lighter too...

arv_torqthrustorig_lgml_ci3_l.jpg

I put Cragars on my 70 Duster when I got brand new and loved the look. Years later when I got my 71 I wanted the same look and it still works for me. The Duster has large wheel wells which allows the reverse wheels in the back and IMHO just nails it. Cragars are just classic for cars from that period.

I voted Rally Wheels because I think they're one of the most appealing steel wheels ever made...while Cragar S/S wheels are so common to the point where the eye just skips over them...but I do agree with the folks who feel that Rallys should be on post-1970 cars only. :)

Are Torq-Thrust wheels off the table? These would look amazing on you Dart and they'd likely be quite a bit lighter too...

arv_torqthrustorig_lgml_ci3_l.jpg

I really like the torque thrusts, but I can only find them with a 4" backspace in the 7" rim and that is not enough for my Dart. If I could get them with a little more backspace those are the ones that would be on the car.

I wish now that when I built the rear end housing I would have bought the 3/4" hanger offset and shortened the housing just a little, it would have been perfect for even and 8" wheel.

I really like the torque thrusts, but I can only find them with a 4" backspace in the 7" rim and that is not enough for my Dart. If I could get them with a little more backspace those are the ones that would be on the car.

Look at ET wheels. http://www.team3wheels.com/classic_v.html Similar to the Americans but cooler IMHO. He will make any offset you want. I have them on my dart:
071511_04-1.JPG

Hey why not have it both ways!
Put the Cragars on one side and rallyes on the other'
I don't think anyone's done it, You could be the first!
You can only see one side at a time anyway.

-
Back