• Mopar Rally

Votes: 67 39.9%
  • Cragar SS

Votes: 101 60.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Cragars all the way!!
The Aluminum Slots look good too if highly polished up.
Weld Draglites look Real good, but you have to be careful on the street not to damage them. I can't tell what's on your car now from the pic.Welds?
The Ralley Wheels are way over done & boring. Look better on the '70 up cars.
Same with the Dog Dishes & Steelies(except cop car wheels). Too overdone.
Keystone Classics...:puker: BARF!! They don't look good on anything exept a mid-70s tradesman van.
Nothing shines or glimmers down the road like a new set of Cragar S/S!
JMHO.

That's mean...whats wrong with a little Keysone Klassic?
260-keystone.jpg

Hey why not have it both ways!
Put the Cragars on one side and rallyes on the other'
I don't think anyone's done it, You could be the first!
You can only see one side at a time anyway.

You make a valid point ! I cut this guys hair one time and told him the same thing ! " you cant see both sides at the same time, nobody will ever notice. don't worry about it " haha !

My Vote is for Ralley Wheels ! I simply am baffled by those that say the don't like Ralleys on pre-70 cars . I Loved them on My 64 Dart Convertible, I loved them on my 66 dart 2door, and I have 2 sets SBP Ralleys Now , 1 set of is for my (Under-Restoration) 65 Barracuda Formula S 4spd.
I don't hate Cragars, I like them too .. Just my second choice.
WonderWoody
BodyMan, 45 years in the Biz.

Rallye wheels over Crager Mags. Seperate yourself from the 80 El Camino mullet wearing crowd!
I also have a 67' Dart and was just thinking the other day how I don't believe I have seen a Dart of that era with the Magnum 500 style wheels that are often seen on B-body cars.
I wonder why that is? They too are very common though, I mean Ford and Chevy also had slight variations of that basic same style.
If I was going to replace my centerline style rims that came with the car I think I would go all plain chrome reverse rims, have two could use two more.
Or as in the 85 Dodge pickup I had in high school, plain black rims with chrome lugs and beauty rings, it looked good.

They never made the Magnum 500 wheels with the small bolt circle. I can't recall ever seeing them aftermarket either. So that's probably why they are seldom seen on A-bodies. By the time Mopar went to the 4.5 bolt circle on the A-bodies those 500 wheels were on their way out. You'll see the 500s occasionally, but obviously it would have to be on a car converted to the 4.5, or on a newer A-body.

They never made the Magnum 500 wheels with the small bolt circle. I can't recall ever seeing them aftermarket either. So that's probably why they are seldom seen on A-bodies.

gotta agree with that...

here is a friends 74 dart (stock big bolt) with them on it..

Attachments

• moparty 003.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 388
  • moparty 022.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 361
Never seen, even back in the day a set of sbp keystone classics, have you got pictures? I would love a set think they would look great on a dart.

I had polished aluminum slots on my Aspen & Barracuda before switching over to Crager ss

Didn't have any pics, but I just took some in the garage. The car and wheels are unrestored former daily drivers (aka beaters), I don't have any center caps on right now (I have some, there just not on the car because the ones that fit don't match, and the ones that match don't fit), and my camera sucks. Also I double checked and the wheels are 14x6, not 14x7, and tire size is 235/60R14 rear, 215/60R14 front.

EDIT - Just FYI, the center caps that don't fit are new ones I got from Summit, made to go with the new Keystones they're making. I don't know if they'd fit vintage BBP Keystones or not, but they're quite a bit too large for the SBP wheels. The lug nuts are also new ones from Summit made to go with Keystones, and they do fit (but it's tight - I had to use a deep socket, couldn't get a traditional lug wrench on them at all).

But FWIW :
[URL="http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=33963&d=1407544302"][/URL]

Both look good but I like the rally wheels myself. Unless your doing a restoration I could give a sh#t if it came with them or not. I had a 65 Fury with Magnums on it in High school (early 70's) and it looked great. After that I had a '69 Barracuda with Duster rallys and I thought it looked good also, I now have a 65 Dart with rallys. It's your car, both of those wheels would look great!

im from the younger generation and I still agree 100% ...I don't think rally wheels capture the true 60s essence, so they don't look right on any pre-70 car ......Rallys are a 70s thing.

Just because of that, I would go with the cragers of those choices. The cragers look more period correct for that year of car anyways

This is what I say to that....

Attachments

• imageedit__7416442863.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 377
I did pick Cragars though in the polls. Lol

they are still on my GTS but they are big bolt pattern
By chance, do you still have the sbp Welds? I would be interested if you would care to part with them. Or at least the front pair. Thanks.

I want a new set of wheels for my '67 Dart. Should I go Mopar Rally or Cragar SS?

WVI-56-5712044_OH_s.jpg
crr-61715_sn_s.jpg
If you want something really different and looks good use Crager Keystones. The problem with Crager S/S is they start peeling where the lug meets the face of the wheel. With Keystone Klassic that area is painted black. End of problem.

-
Back