Mopar SB Intake Manifold, How to use?

-

360tripleblack7

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

My name is Diego Jones. I live in Brazil and have a 1977' Brazilian Dodge Charger. A-Body with a 318 stroker 360 engine.

I have some questions to which Intake Manifold to use in my engine.

Engine Configuration:

KB Hypereutetic Pistons
OEM Connecting rods with ARP Screews
Mopar Performance Purple Camshaft 296/296 Mechanical
Cylinder heads is a mopar 915 J heads 2.02, 1.60 with 58cc chambem combustion
Proform Roller Rocker Arms 1.5 ratio
Compression ratio 11,1:1
Intake Manifold ????????
Carburator is Mighty Demon 750
Oil Pump is a Meiling High-Volume
Holley Blue Fuel Pump
Mallory Unilite Distributor
Mopar Performance 6AL Ignition

I accept suggestions of any use ...

If you have any matters of magazine that has some comparing manifolds can send me too.

Thanks...

Diego! How are ya bud.

I gotta ask, you stroked your 318 cubic inch engine to a 360 cubic inch engine?
Is there any port work done to the heads?

On intake compare's. Theres only a little difference between intakes between dual planes and single planes. Alot of what intake would fit best depends on what your doing with the car as well as the cars gear ratio and stall speed on the trannys converter, like Moper said.

You have enuff cam to run a single plane, but if your stall converter and/or your gearing is low, the dual plane would be the way to go.

Diego! How are ya bud.

On intake compare's. Theres only a little difference between intakes between dual planes and single planes. Alot of what intake would fit best depends on what your doing with the car as well as the cars gear ratio and stall speed on the trannys converter, like Moper said.

You have enuff cam to run a single plane, but if your stall converter and/or your gearing is low, the dual plane would be the way to go.
Heyyy Rob. Haw are you?

The engine is very well.. I just buy another crankshaft, because he was afraid to mount .040 under.

I stroked 318 to 360 open bore 3.91 to 4.00. Blocks made in brazil have extra material for this work.

My Cylinder heads is a J915. I'm finishing work on intake and exaust... Intake flow = 240 [email protected] lift in...

I thought about using an Edelbrock Air-Gap to enjoy the mid-range. what do you think?

I used a Edelbrock Torker II, and noted that below 3000 RPM the car was bad. In Drag Race use radial tires, it does not let me start with a very high RPM that I am burning tires. I think a dose Dual Plane help me better acceleration on the dash...

PS: Sorry for bad writing. I'm still studying their languages. I improve, I promise...

Thank for all...

Diego

Diego! How are ya bud.

With all of this in consideration... if you were to change the intake to a single plane manifold with taller intake runners you'll be changing all RPM torque. With a handfull of hard launches at the strip (or anywhere) you might want to think about backing up the cam and rockers to hydraulic or a roller right?

There are a lot of manifolds to choose from... I bought a Holley Dominator dual plane (like an Air Gap) a long time ago. I am thinking of purchasing a single plane from Mopar Performance but want to consider all strength issues before I [:bootysha:] go racing. I'd rather to be safe than sorry ya know.
By the way that is a NIIICE Charger!!

-
Back