mopar shop/electrician in AZ, Phoenix area???

-

MoPowAR

Reaction score
so i just bought my first mopar, 74 duster with a 360. wiring short caused a harness fire on the drive home. ive had it three weeks and still cant sort this thing out....:banghead:

i need a local shop who knows these cars to help me get this squared away. when the electrical is done i will also need a tune...

some back ground info on the electrical issue here...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=161091

any info on where to go out here would be extremely helpful! thnx in advance guys.:prayer:

im sure we could figure something out...

give greg a call monday morning...

SS and AFX

623-465-7277

are you looking to just install a new harness or??

Probably cost less and give a better end result if you just bought new harnesses and installed them yourself.

Having a shop pull, diagnose, rebuild and sort out your burnt up stuff would cost a fortune.

thnx for the contact lead moparkid. i will def pursue that monday.

sorry guys, probably could have stated that i pulled the old harness, installed a new one, and did quite a bit of repair to the electrical system. there appears to be a short or a mis-wired circuit in the ignition system causing the issue (i believe). the link to the other thread i posted is essentially my "note book" on the repair process. it lists everything i've done so far with this problem...

Yes, sorry I forgot I made this thread. I found the bug in the wiring, was a bad splice from the manufacturer. They thought my month of hair pulling down time was worth a $50 credit, ill take what I can get I guess. Then i pulled the thing over to Greg at SS AND AFX in north central Phoenix area. They tuned the motor for me and straightened out a few other small issues as well. Did great work, priced well, and very friendly service. I was very happy with them.

I am still chasing down a narly vibration around 50mph that I can't seem to peg though. ..still keeping me from enjoyin my "mopar"... :/

Yes, sorry I forgot I made this thread. I found the bug in the wiring, was a bad splice from the manufacturer. They thought my month of hair pulling down time was worth a $50 credit, ill take what I can get I guess. Then i pulled the thing over to Greg at SS AND AFX in north central Phoenix area. They tuned the motor for me and straightened out a few other small issues as well. Did great work, priced well, and very friendly service. I was very happy with them.

I am still chasing down a narly vibration around 50mph that I can't seem to peg though. ..still keeping me from enjoyin my "mopar"... :/

did you ever change the U joints??

Yeah i replaced the u joints. Left the alignment of the knuckles the same but still a vibe. I doubt its the problem but I am going to balance the drive shaft next. I tried to balance the tires but no one would cause they are so old. So I'm gunna get some new rubber for it if the dshaft balance doesn't help. Motor and trans mounts all look good too. ..

Call Magoo's Automotive (623)362-1765. JOhn races a big-block A-body & has been around Mopars for years. Tell I sent ya. If that doesn't work PM me as I know an AAi instructor that's just as good........

Call Magoo's Automotive (623)362-1765. JOhn races a big-block A-body & has been around Mopars for years. Tell I sent ya. If that doesn't work PM me as I know an AAi instructor that's just as good........

john is the man...

john is the man...

Cool, ill def give him a call. I need to hit up Greg again too. My new Hurst shifter jammed up on me the other week, doesn't wanna go into park outta drive. I've been outta town for a week and wont be back till late tonight. So ill be giving y'all at SS/AFX a call tomorrow.

Cool, ill def give him a call. I need to hit up Greg again too. My new Hurst shifter jammed up on me the other week, doesn't wanna go into park outta drive. I've been outta town for a week and wont be back till late tonight. So ill be giving y'all at SS/AFX a call tomorrow.

you have to ratchet up to N, lift up and push forward into R and lift up into park...

Yeah I just started getting used to it actually lol. That's the problem It wont pull up, not sure what's goin on there. I just got back to town. Ill give ya a call tomorrow after work. hopefully its just jammed up. It happened when i was parking it in the garage just before a trip so I literally haven't had a chance to play with it.

Yeah I just started getting used to it actually lol. That's the problem It wont pull up, not sure what's goin on there. I just got back to town. Ill give ya a call tomorrow after work. hopefully its just jammed up. It happened when i was parking it in the garage just before a trip so I literally haven't had a chance to play with it.

i would make sure it is going into N... if it is then you have to let it go to rest and then lift...

Who is the instructor? I'm in the welding program there. Would not mind talking to another mopar guy once in a while.

-
Back