Mopar Style

Have you Tried it?

• Total voters
-
First of all that is a picture of me. That I took and edited. I am also a photographer and have Thousands of pictures from cars shows and of mine & my friends cars. So yeah it is my other Passion. No Big deal. I also like Hip-Hop Dancing with sexy Women. I listen to Country music every day now. I am a diverse fellow. As you will see

this is the same guy who says his mild 273 dart lifts the front wheels off the ground...lmao....if you dont like purple then you aint a mopar guy, and forabodies is one of the best automotive forums on the web bar none...period!

Thank you 110Octane and Brick streets. I'll try to get you some photos of my car with the wheels lifted when I put my motor back in! I PROMISE. Hit me up...

This is all good stuff Madmaxx and hopefully you take it to heart. There's a couple things we all gotto understand. Members here span the age of 18 to 80 so it's real easy to put someone off with bizarre words or phrases and that certain someone maybe the person with the answer to your question. Members here are both sexes, different races and alot of different countries so again keep it clean and to the point (like I should talk).
There have been a lot of new members signed up in the last few months alone with a lot of good questions, which is good. Sometimes the answers or replies might take a while but remember with all the B.S. going on in countries economies around the world the person with the answer may be busy keeping his/her life going and can't spend the time they used to on the keyboard.

Terry

I am the way I am. I see your point about using standardized language. I need to get results. I also teach my mom all the new slang and she thinks it's tons of fun so I try to do it everywhere...

You really cant blame the guy cause there is always some on your post that has something negative to say, but this forum is 300x's better then moparts they are a bunch of ball busters over there. There alot of good people here and alot of good info. Forabodiesonly.com ROcks Bro.

MAC DRE! Yadadai Meeeen. Where's yo whistlin pipes?

Madmaximum, your attitude in posting this thread leaves a little to be desired. It looks adversarial.

Your first posts I read seemed to be okay. Then they went downhill, like you were smoking something. I realize you're a youngster, but incoherent, off the wall posting like I've seen from you makes me want to stay away from your threads. Just posting my observations.
I started this thread cause I was offering some useful (albeit attitudial) info about another Mopar recourse I found in my quest for answers.

This is by far the most used website I have been on. So many active members. Its awesome! I do plenty of research on my own. And have been studying 60s Trans-Am racing like a ****. I found a cool Indi film called "Clutch" it takes place in Seattle. I want my car to Go like that. it is now a 279 not quite the 302.4 that the AARs had, but I do my own work with the help of some pals. I have been turning wrenches since I was 7 and have been a machinist for over 2 years. I feel comfortable with my car and my work and my research and my heart. The attitude has been piss-poor. I should let the rest be seen and heard for its self.

I smoke Weed. It helps me stay focused on my car and gets my buddies to work all the time. Ha. Silly side-effects ensue. Thank you for the advice. I can figure out this stuff on my own a lot. I have tons of manuals and have read them and got clear definitive info. Some things I cannot find there though.

Thank you to those who are helping:cheers:

I also teach my mom all the new slang and she thinks it's tons of fun so I try to do it everywhere...
No no no, AAAAHHHrigh, not here, please, I like standard english.

ROFLMAO ha ha ha ha.........

Ahhh, I see the weekend is off to a good start..........

No Whistlin pipes for me Flowmaster bro.

"My car faster, I strike past ya
12 Bolt posi, cam and flowmasters
Keep it to yo'self potna, who asked ya
I teach the game, a preach but no pastor" Mac Dre

Re: the poster below, I could not help myself after reading the above (and thanks to Bigdummy for initially posting it in the Motivational Posters thread). That just has me rolling everytime I see it.

Mad, seriously, in this world, we all have to figure out a way to communicate with others in order to function on a daily basis or in this case, get information we seek. When it comes to seeking information on FABO, the majority (not all) of the information providers/holders are of either pre midlife crisis age, midlife crisis age or just really damn old. ;)

Some, no matter how they are being asked, will reply (God bless their souls). With the others (and probably the majority), you have to figure out how to represent yourself so that you don't come off looking like some young, loud, know-it-all, done-it-all guy with a chip on his shoulder. Granted, it may be how you communicate with your peers in your age group (which is fine) but most of us are not in that age group and are older Generation Xers & post-war babies. Try to take this into consideration (if you REALLY want some feedback) and look into being more patient and humble.

BTW: From my response to a previous thread of yours, B&B = Balanced & Blueprinted ... not to be confused with Bed & Breakfast. ;)

unknown6tl2.jpg

*Always tighter than the po-po or the feds. I'm ridin sumthin HI-PO with ported heads.* -Dreezy

I am seeing that now about most people being 40+
it really is a long way off for me (23) so I forget ya'll don't even know what I am getting at sometimes cause my "LINGO" is newer.

Humble is something I am learning...

There are some incredibly fascinating personalities on here of all ages from all walks of life and all corners of the earth. There is nothing to conform to. We are all trying to express our Love for our Favorite cars the Best way we know how. Everywhere we can. I have gotten a ton of useful forum tips from this thread! Invaluable for certain.

This Forum is a tool, just like a manual is or the guy behind the parts counter can be. But you MUST know how to use it. Everything from everyone who has posted on this thread has taught me something.

THANK ALL OF YOU GENUINELY. Old timers with their wisdom. Young guns with their Fire.:thumblef:

First of all that is a picture of me. That I took and edited. I am also a photographer and have Thousands of pictures from cars shows and of mine & my friends cars. So yeah it is my other Passion. No Big deal. I also like Hip-Hop Dancing with sexy Women. I listen to Country music every day now. I am a diverse fellow. As you will see

Thank you 110Octane and Brick streets. I'll try to get you some photos of my car with the wheels lifted when I put my motor back in! I PROMISE. Hit me up...

I am the way I am. I see your point about using standardized language. I need to get results. I also teach my mom all the new slang and she thinks it's tons of fun so I try to do it everywhere...

I started this thread cause I was offering some useful (albeit attitudial) info about another Mopar recourse I found in my quest for answers.

This is by far the most used website I have been on. So many active members. Its awesome! I do plenty of research on my own. And have been studying 60s Trans-Am racing like a ****. I found a cool Indi film called "Clutch" it takes place in Seattle. I want my car to Go like that. it is now a 279 not quite the 302.4 that the AARs had, but I do my own work with the help of some pals. I have been turning wrenches since I was 7 and have been a machinist for over 2 years. I feel comfortable with my car and my work and my research and my heart. The attitude has been piss-poor. I should let the rest be seen and heard for its self.

I smoke Weed. It helps me stay focused on my car and gets my buddies to work all the time. Ha. Silly side-effects ensue. Thank you for the advice. I can figure out this stuff on my own a lot. I have tons of manuals and have read them and got clear definitive info. Some things I cannot find there though.

Re: the poster below, I could not help myself after reading the above (and thanks to Bigdummy for initially posting it in the Motivational Posters thread). That just has me rolling everytime I see it.

Mad, seriously, in this world, we all have to figure out a way to communicate with others in order to function on a daily basis or in this case, get information we seek. When it comes to seeking information on FABO, the majority (not all) of the information providers/holders are of either pre midlife crisis age, midlife crisis age or just really damn old. ;)

Some, no matter how they are being asked, will reply (God bless their souls). With the others (and probably the majority), you have to figure out how to represent yourself so that you don't come off looking like some young, loud, know-it-all, done-it-all guy with a chip on his shoulder. Granted, it may be how you communicate with your peers in your age group (which is fine) but most of us are not in that age group and are older Generation Xers & post-war babies. Try to take this into consideration (if you REALLY want some feedback) and look into being more patient and humble.

BTW: From my response to a previous thread of yours, B&B = Balanced & Blueprinted ... not to be confused with Bed & Breakfast. ;)

:thumblef:

when i see pictures of your dart lifting those front wheels ill believe it....oh and i dont hit anyone up...i might be young but i dont talk like typical young people....lets just say "i aint gangsta yo, ya hear?" you can "hit us up" with your photos when you actually have them to prove it- im sure we'd all love to see a mild 273 dart liftin them...all though from the stuff you say your into, im thinking your car has hydros on the front helping with the lifting...once again forabodiesonly is one of the best car forum son the web, regardless that its only for abodies- abodies rule, and thats what its about here, with a great bunch of helpful smart guys too...oh and doing weed to stay focused on your car? kinda sucks you need need a drug to stay focused on your mopar, when must of us are just addicted to our mopars like drugs....i hope you dont do that **** and drive after..stay safe

when i see pictures of your dart lifting those front wheels ill believe it....oh and i dont hit anyone up...i might be young but i dont talk like typical young people....lets just say "i aint gangsta yo, ya hear?" you can "hit us up" with your photos when you actually have them to prove it- im sure we'd all love to see a mild 273 dart liftin them...all though from the stuff you say your into, im thinking your car has hydros on the front helping with the lifting...once again forabodiesonly is one of the best car forum son the web, regardless that its only for abodies- abodies rule, and thats what its about here, with a great bunch of helpful smart guys too...oh and doing weed to stay focused on your car? kinda sucks you need need a drug to stay focused on your mopar, when must of us are just addicted to our mopars like drugs....i hope you dont do that **** and drive after..stay safe

Rev up to 2800 and sure enough 2,900 LBS 11:1comp with 320+ (conservative estimate on 110 Race Gas) Torque A833 4speed 10"clutch 3:91 Sure-Grip and 245s can lift em BOTH (felt like about 2 inches on my side) with the help of some cool Sea Level California Oxygen. Has more than once on the street. There is a Brick intersection right in front of the High school with Superb Traction Characteristics. My car hooks up good. I'd love to get a video for you guys to see it. You will. You might as well believe me now. Cause I am doing some head & Intake flow work as well as Squelch steamlining. I am expecting about 275HP and 340TQ on 91octane.
I don't have desktop dyno but if someone does I's love to describe my plant to the T and have em run it for me.

And like I said I have tons of hobbies and passions so many it's distracting. My car is my favorite though... This is Cali and Marijuana is an accepted healing herb. I have ADHD for sure and tunnel vision from being stoned lets me finish one chore before another catches my eye. You don't need to understand though I guess so its cool.
I was un-lawfully arrested a few months back for Marijuana Possesion did 40 hours. Got out on bail in time for thanksgiving dinner with my family... Went to court and got Discharged. A few weeks later I got stoned out of my Mind and went down to the Santa Clara county courthouse... They gave me back two kinds of HASH 3 kinds of BUDS and I walked out the front door smelling like Cheech & Chong! I rolled up a Joint on the front steps and got picked up in a convertible and smoked all the way home... Cheers. Stay outa trouble!!!

MOPAR or No Car for me Bro. Been that way for 7 out of my 23 years

Rev up to 2800 and sure enough 2,900 LBS 11:1comp with 320+ (conservative estimate on 110 Race Gas) Torque A833 4speed 10"clutch 3:91 Sure-Grip and 245s can lift em BOTH (felt like about 2 inches on my side) with the help of some cool Sea Level California Oxygen. Has more than once on the street. There is a Brick intersection right in front of the High school with Superb Traction Characteristics. My car hooks up good. I'd love to get a video for you guys to see it. You will. You might as well believe me now. Cause I am doing some head & Intake flow work as well as Squelch steamlining. I am expecting about 275HP and 340TQ on 91octane.
I don't have desktop dyno but if someone does I's love to describe my plant to the T and have em run it for me.

And like I said I have tons of hobbies and passions so many it's distracting. My car is my favorite though... This is Cali and Marijuana is an accepted healing herb. I have ADHD for sure and tunnel vision from being stoned lets me finish one chore before another catches my eye. You don't need to understand though I guess so its cool.
I was un-lawfully arrested a few months back for Marijuana Possesion did 40 hours. Got out on bail in time for thanksgiving dinner with my family... Went to court and got Discharged. A few weeks later I got stoned out of my Mind and went down to the Santa Clara county courthouse... They gave me back two kinds of HASH 3 kinds of BUDS and I walked out the front door smelling like Cheech & Chong! I rolled up a Joint on the front steps and got picked up in a convertible and smoked all the way home... Cheers. Stay outa trouble!!!

MOPAR or No Car for me Bro. Been that way for 7 out of my 23 years

Hey man like i said ill believe when i see it...kinda funny though how you say that its a mild 273, then list all that work you have done to it....I would hope that it lifts the front wheels just slightly after what you just mentioned...mild is definatly not your setup- maybe not wild either but definatly not mild....as far as the weed goes i dont care what ya do, just dont have respect for druggies, regardless if its accepted or not, especially if they drive while high (not saying you do, but if you do your dirt in my books)....anyways hope you end up enjoying this site- youd be hardpressed to find better....and dont forget to show some vids of your car lifting the front wheels:toothy10:

Yeah I am on all of those forums too!!! AHAHHAHAHA. Good time roll.

Well it was mild for a Commando and now it'll be pretty aggressive! :burnout:

People just tend to act a little nicer for some reason at FABO, because I have had guys make stupid, nasty comments to me, even use their mod priveledges to act like a total dick to me on another site, and never give me any reason not to like them here on fabo, weird, I know.

Just like Mike Webster, former's steelers head crusher said " If you're gonna play football, don't complain when someone hits you harder than they have to, and if you can't take it, this ain't the game for you."

I'm a life time member at Moparstyle,and it is an ok site. Some good members there. But have you ever met BK? I started on Moparts years ago then had to re register ( can't remember why right now). You want to be ignored? Your either "in" or you can't get squat out of that site. FABO is my main Mopar site. great people,great knowledge and most of all I have seen some Members go GREAT things for other members in need.Like Memike's auction for a couple of other members that had fell on hard times. I witnessed many members donate items to this auction for a GREAT CAUSE! This doesn't happen on the other sites, that I have witnessed. I have sent small items to members here for no cost and have had members send me small parts at no cost. It ain't always about the $$$. It seems that youth is the common denominator when these problems come up. (Damn I sound like my Dad) Hang around, read more and type less and think before you commit your comments to the site. This is a great place with great people with allot of knowledge, you could learn allot.

BK,s a good dude and there are some cool people over there. A lot of nostalgia super stock action there.I bought my Indy heads and some other stuff from them and was pretty pleased with the way they treated me.If youve got hardcore tech questions Damon over there is hard to beat.Theyre local to me and some good guys. They,d give fabo a thumbs up also. they used to have a link on fabos home page.A little variety dont hurt especially if youre looking for parts or trying to sell.Glad the Nazis loosened up and the moparstyle name came back.

Penguin huh? Never seen it. I think it's weird that nobody else I have seen has a picture of themselves. I get it though cool graphics are Legit but I actually have not seen ONE other portrait. Yeah I made mine m'self. Penguins are cool Ha like Arctic!

Penguin huh? Never seen it. I think it's weird that nobody else I have seen has a picture of themselves. I get it though cool graphics are Legit but I actually have not seen ONE other portrait. Yeah I made mine m'self. Penguins are cool Ha like Arctic!
heres why i have my car and not my pic

Picture 022 (Medium).jpg

heres why i have my car and not my pic

That's the reason most of us have something else up there besides our mugs. ;)

Mad, it's all about the cars. If you really want to be seen, place a pic in one of the threads where everyone else has placed them or start an "All About Me" thread.

-
Back