Moparfest 2008

-

Jons340Dart

Reaction score
I know it's early - but wondered who might be attending Moparfest in New Hamburg, Ontario this year - Aug 16 & 17.

Maybe we could get a little FABO get together going on the Saturday?

Here's a link to the site. Lots of great pictures from 2007

http://www.moparfest.com/

Here's a shot of me and my ride from last year...

2007Moparfest199-1[2].jpg

2007Moparfest199-1[2].jpg

I will be there with the 65 chrysler and just might bring the dart as well,or tow the chrysler with the ram,but I will be there and the room is already booked,mrmopartech

I will be there, I haven't missed one yet.
And with a little luck, I should be driving the car.

For those who will be attending, try to make yourself noticeable to other FABO members, a sign on the dash, something over the front license plate.
Then maybe we could all get together for a couple cold ones.
Since I won't be able to attend Adam's get together.

Hey 68 Val, if you go, I will give you my extra FABO sticker. We could go up together, and have breakfast there. They put on the best breakfast you would ever have.

ya thats sounds good bill , i cant wait to go to my first moparfest, hopefully meet some fabo members there too only thing i just remembered i have 4.56 gears so my car isn't too highway friendly, i kinda scare other drivers off road lol is there a way to avoid long trip on highway? just like avoiding 401 and 403

Unfortunately for all of us here in the U.S. of A. and the Motor City that's the weekend of Woodward Dream Cruise...havent missed it in 10+ years but Moparfest sounds really cool though! I read about it in a mag. and it sounds like a great show. Woodward was better 5 years ago before they started blocking traffic off at 9pm and re-routing people. I remember at night when it thinned out seeing a Viper club all do burnouts one right after the other on the main drag 15 plus Vipers in a row just roasting the tires...dont see that anymore.

68Valiant 400 - Try using a combination of 5 and 8 or 6 and 97 - that will take you through Cambridge to Kitchener - then shoot across #7 to new Hamburg

I went last year and it was good, hopefully I'll make it this year but my car might not.

I've been going now to New Hamburg for the last 7-8 years since I found out about it. Growing every year. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Don't have my car ready yet but neat to see the others that worked hard on their cars. Just for those who can't get enough of Mopar stuff, the weekend before is Mopar Nationals in Columbus OHIO. Vendors, Swap meet, car sales and lots of drag racing. Walk into the pits and see them working on all types and sizes of MOPARS. Great weekend.

I go across 97, then up 8. It would be nice to go with another pokey car. My 3.91's are kinda high for the 401 also. It just means leaving home a little earlier.

Hey Beatnik, lots of guys hit Woodward, then come up on Sunday.It's not too far from the border. Be glad to have you neighbor.

I go across 97, then up 8. It would be nice to go with another pokey car. My 3.91's are kinda high for the 401 also. It just means leaving home a little earlier.

Hey Beatnik, lots of guys hit Woodward, then come up on Sunday.It's not too far from the border. Be glad to have you neighbor.

sounds like a plan dont mind leaving early and it would be nice to go with someone whos been there before to show me where to go

this is my first year going ans was wondering if i need to register or anything, how its works do you just drive there and park in parking lot or do you display car? can you sell parts or whatever? any help would be great

If you go to their website, you can register there. Show parking is random, and you just drive in. There is a swap meet, however, I don't think you can sell parts on the show field. Around 9 am is a good time to arrive.

sounds good, I've never left my car in a parking lot, so i would definitely want to show it even tho its far from a show car, do i have to pre register or can you do that at the gate? any disadvantages with not pre registering?

Register your 1986 or older Mopar by August 1, 2008 and you could have a chance to win the 1970 Plymouth Road Runner, you are also eligible to win the HEMI crate engine. If you dont register, you cant win the car. www.moparfest.com

First time going for me too but from the pictures and what you guys are saying this should be a good one. Looking forward to it already sent my registration in!

-
Back