Moparfest 2018

-
Sorry to read you wont be making it folks. I "may" be in the same boat. I can't seem to "unfuck" the ******* I gave my ps pump. See if I can get it fixed in time.
Enjoy the R n R!
I'm going to be skipping the festivities this year. My wife and I will be up north at the cottage for a much needed 2 week vacation. I hope the weather is great for the show, and that one of you guys comes home with the 15k grand prize!!
Please post up lots of pics, as I'll be checking up on the thread once we get back home.
Safe travels on your cross country trip Cannucky!!
Hope to see you all again next year!

Last call for the banner.
Won’t be making it this year.

well that sucks Steve I could have brought my spare if I had known you needed it before I headed out .What did you do to yours ? if it's a Saginaw which it probably is you can grab one off just about anything at the boneyard .

Thanks Chris, it's a TRW pump. I thought I could fix a leak, and "shim" for a better feel, but find out TRW is not shimmable. Saginaw is.
Not sure if federal or Saginaw fit but would need brackets for sure.
Thanks for the shotgun spot. I'll keep u in the loop.
well that sucks Steve I could have brought my spare if I had known you needed it before I headed out .What did you do to yours ? if it's a Saginaw which it probably is you can grab one off just about anything at the boneyard .

Keep me posted I may very well be passing your place on the way to the show with an empty seat too eh .

yeah they all use different brackets bet someone local has a trw in their pile somewhere tho because most guys switch to saginaw when they dress up or shim like you tried .

Will not make it this year guys.. life has thrown me a curve ball and my dart needs some front end steering suspension work. So I will regroup and see you next year

can't believe nobody responded to the thread I started asking for a pump for steve ,shows what this site has become .

To the show ? yes you can fly into Kitchener , Waterloo , Guelph,whatever one of the three is the actual airport location all three are basically 1 city . if you get to the east side of Kitchener you can find a ride to the show from someone just make a sign and stand at the on ramp lol .

I'm heading up with a couple guys in my truck to see the show and swap meet some parts. I'll be taking my good camera and shooting. If I see anyone I'll ask about FABO membership.

Riddler

Yeah you can even slide into our club area if your buddies change their mind and decide to join us .It's getting close now my road trip starts next friday .

I kept flip-flopping about driving my Dart (or trailering it to Ottawa, then driving it for the road trip) but the five days down, five days back basically would take all of my vacation time (save the two days at the show)... so it's FL38 for me! Leaving Tuesday at o-dark-thirty from YYJ.

We have a driving route planned that starts on the 7 but deviates up and around Lake Simcoe then back down to K-W through Orangeville et al. Should be a blast if the weather is good. If not, we'll be bailing the whole way thanks to my friend's leaky Valiant convertible! :eek:

we're on the first base line of the diamond closedt to the highway

Same place as last year then. :thumbsup:
IMG_5568.JPG

I kept flip-flopping about driving my Dart (or trailering it to Ottawa, then driving it for the road trip) but the five days down, five days back basically would take all of my vacation time (save the two days at the show)... so it's FL38 for me! Leaving Tuesday at o-dark-thirty from YYJ.

We have a driving route planned that starts on the 7 but deviates up and around Lake Simcoe then back down to K-W through Orangeville et al. Should be a blast if the weather is good. If not, we'll be bailing the whole way thanks to my friend's leaky Valiant convertible! :eek:
5 Days ? Jeez miss Daisy I get it done in like 3-3.5 ,this time it was a few minutes shy of 73 hrs from loading on the Ferry at Swartz Bay to walking in my front door and that was with the car behind me on a trailer .
Someone needs to take up the flag next year because the car is staying in quebec after this years show and I don't expect to have the next one built in time for the 2019 show .Hey 100 bucks is a 100 bucks

5 Days ? Jeez miss Daisy I get it done in like 3-3.5 ,this time it was a few minutes shy of 73 hrs from loading on the Ferry at Swartz Bay to walking in my front door and that was with the car behind me on a trailer .
Someone needs to take up the flag next year because the car is staying in quebec after this years show and I don't expect to have the next one built in time for the 2019 show .Hey 100 bucks is a 100 bucks

LOL! In my defence, the only times that I've driven Ottawa to Victoria/Victoria to Ottawa is either during a move where I'm driving a massive U-Haul, or with my wife and daughter who have to stop and pee every five minutes.

Anyway, I had a change of plans regarding my trip prompted by a bad allergy attack that has my head so stuffed up that my inner ears can't balance... had to cancel my flights and am stuck in Victoria... no Moparfest for me this year. :(

damn sorry to hear that Dave I was really looking forward to some lets get stupid time with you .

funny Uhaul put a giant 55mph sticker facing forward on the fender of the car trailer so you have to look at it in the drivers mirror the whole way but I'm sure it was just suggestion because I did 75 across 3 flat provinces and the truck and trailer used less gas than the Cuda normally does , it only cost a grand in gas to get here .

-
Back