MoparGal (Alexis B’s) 1975 Plymouth Duster Build

-
Also @318willrun your YT video about how the linkage and stuff works and how to adjust was really helpful! Found it on an old forum thread from 2016!
Thank you. I think the one in 2016 was so blurry I re-did it so it was clear. Both were for using a 2bbl linkage/cable on a 4bbl intake/carb. I think you'll have no issue finding the 2bbl set up for your car. I don't have on presently.

Thank you. I think the one in 2016 was so blurry I re-did it so it was clear. Both were for using a 2bbl linkage/cable on a 4bbl intake/carb. I think you'll have no issue finding the 2bbl set up for your car. I don't have on presently.

Thank you! Figured this was a good place to start!

Should you not want to go that route, Lokar (and other companies) have cable systems that are easy to use.
image.jpg

Hey everyone!! I’ll try to post in another more relevant part of the forum once I find but does anyone have the original kickdown/linkage for these 318s they’re willing to part with? I have everything from like the rod down? But need everything from 2 forward in the diagram. I hate to pull and replace everything if there’s a few pieces I can locate instead? I added the diagram pic and mine to try to give you an idea. TIA! Got the gas tank and sending unit all swapped! Happy to pay for parts and shipping to CA 93637

View attachment 1715868281

View attachment 1715868282
A friend of mine is doing a 1975 Dart sport he found a complete set on e-bay for around $125.00 it's worth a look
Joe

I would think that if the OP posted a "Wanted" add, they'd find it pretty quick. As many members here that go from 2bbl to 4bbl and use the Lokar cables or factory 4bbl linkage, somebody would have the set up and sell it for a deal. I know if I had 2bbl linkage sitting around and wanted to sell it, I wouldn't find anyone to give me a 20 dollar bill for it all.... lol.

I would think that if the OP posted a "Wanted" add, they'd find it pretty quick. As many members here that go from 2bbl to 4bbl and use the Lokar cables or factory 4bbl linkage, somebody would have the set up and sell it for a deal. I know if I had 2bbl linkage sitting around and wanted to sell it, I wouldn't find anyone to give me a 20 dollar bill for it all.... lol.
Falls into the giveaway category of parts.

MoparGal, I'm late to the party, but if you still need a throttle pedal assembly I have one out of '70 Dart that your's for the asking. I'm in Livermore so it's within reach for you on a sunny day drive.

MoparGal, I'm late to the party, but if you still need a throttle pedal assembly I have one out of '70 Dart that your's for the asking. I'm in Livermore so it's within reach for you on a sunny day drive.
Thank you! GUYS I’m torn….4bbl seems to be the way to go. Opinions on if doing this 2bbl set up is just a waste of time and effort? The indecisiveness is setting in. :eek:

Thank you! GUYS I’m torn….4bbl seems to be the way to go. Opinions on if doing this 2bbl set up is just a waste of time and effort? The indecisiveness is setting in. :eek:
both set ups can work flawlessly on a daily driver. It's about what you are personally looking for out of your project. Some 4bbl swap their 318's for performance. Some swap for looks. Some because grabbing that 600 carb was easy. One thing for sure, it's a relatively easy swap to do at any time.

both set ups can work flawlessly on a daily driver. It's about what you are personally looking for out of your project. Some 4bbl swap their 318's for performance. Some swap for looks. Some because grabbing that 600 carb was easy. One thing for sure, it's a relatively easy swap to do at any time.
Rookie question…will the same kickdown & stuff work from 2bbl to 4bbl? Is it just a matter of connections/brackets and depends on carb you get I’m guessing?

Rookie question…will the same kickdown & stuff work from 2bbl to 4bbl? Is it just a matter of connections/brackets and depends on carb you get I’m guessing?
I use the 2bbl set up on my 4bbls. Others like a more "professional" look and buy 4bbl linkage or lokar cables. The video I posted above in post 77 is using 2bbl linkage on a 4bbl, and showing how I do it.

I use the 2bbl set up on my 4bbls. Others like a more "professional" look and buy 4bbl linkage or lokar cables. The video I posted above in post 77 is using 2bbl linkage on a 4bbl, and showing how I do it.
Ok perfect! Look doesn’t worry me. I’m more function, but had it in my head it wouldn’t work (me making assumptions lol)

I know on my old 77 Aspen R/T that originally had a 2 bbl, after I swapped out the intake and to a 4 bbl carb, it actually ran better AND got better mileage IF I didn't kick in the secondaries so much. Which was hard to do as a 20 something driving a muscle car in the 80s

I know on my old 77 Aspen R/T that originally had a 2 bbl, after I swapped out the intake and to a 4 bbl carb, it actually ran better AND got better mileage IF I didn't kick in the secondaries so much. Which was hard to do as a 20 something driving a muscle car in the 80s
Awesome! keeping my foot out of it may be an issue but if you’ve got it, drive it right? I just want function and any little bit that helps performance wise I won’t be mad about!

Awesome! keeping my foot out of it may be an issue but if you’ve got it, drive it right? I just want function and any little bit that helps performance wise I won’t be mad about!
If you switch to a good intake and 4bbl your butt dyno will for sure feel the improvement. AND it will be WAY more fun to drive. The Aspen was choked with emissions CRAP with the 2 bbl set up and was kind of anemic even with a 4 speed. After the swap it was night & day difference. The 318 was WAY over carb'd with an 850 Thermoquad, but boy did it respond when I was in the higher RPM range and the secondaries kicked in!!

@AlaskaJeff
The 318 will like the small primary TQ best.
Unless It’s a really pumped up engine.
Most people have a difficulty getting tuning rods and jets for the TQ which would allow ether TQ on top EZ enough.

Quick update! Thank you @lemondana for sending parts my way! Throttle cable and linkage all hooked up. She’s moved around on her own, suspension and other things definitely need to be gone through and will do a general tune up. Lucky to have a best friend who’s dad does more mopar restoration or nice builds so he’s going to assist on things. Likely going to do an edlebrock AVS2 4bbl on her. Really no exciting pics from this week just the fact that we got throttle and linkage done! Will keep everyone updated on any more progress!

D9FB553B-E1D5-4115-84F5-128CBF0E3533.jpeg

-
Back