Mopars at the Rock

-
Man, if you find a good carb tuner while you are here you need to let me know!!! My HP 950 could use a good tuning by someone who knows how to do more than adjust the four corner screws ..... I've been thinking of taking my car up to Dr. Mopar in Burlington to see if they can do anything with it. Anyone have tuning experiance with them?

Low turn out, one (2) swap meet venders - one that had only chevy & ford parts, and the show was a joke!! There were as many or more newer Mopars as old ones. I think three classes for new LC cars and several for the (2) PT Cruisers that were there ............
The judging was ............ I'd rather someone else give comment on this..
Let's just say I won't waste my time next year. :angryfir:

Now I understand why the Deep South Mopar Club loved the show...all new stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I like ALL Mopars. I am just real partial to the old school stuff. Kinda glad I didn't go now. Went to a local show that had 11 Old School Mopars. See ya Saturday (Mtn Dew Green Demon)

ill be at the rock too. planning on showing and racing.
anyone wanna help me tune my carb while im there? its been fighting me for a while now....

There is a fellow out of Sanford, Mike Daurity. If he's there he'll have a black Super Bee runnin' in the 10's. He knows his Mopars

Just had a note from Steve this morning. Here are the judged classes for the show:

"A body stock all years; a body modified all years; b body stock 62 to 68; B body stock 70 to 78; B body modified all years; E stock all years E modified all years; Challenger/Charger stock and modified 07 to 11; truck stock all years; truck modified all years; antique stock and modified all years; vipers stock and modified all years; front wheel drive stock and modified all years; special interest all years, f & c to in special interest".

I was hoping he would do an early and late B body Modified class too as with the stock but I guess not. Farmington splits the B bodies up, stock and modified, pre and post 67' I think it was. There are so many B body variations over such a long span that I think this is a good practice. Also glad to see they don't have as much new car classes as the Darlington show. LX & LC lumped together - with no "exotic" class ... and they replaced the PT Cruiser classes with Vipers!!

OK guys, I hope to meet some of you guys saturday at The Rock. I will have on a white t-shirt with a gold 1965 Plymouth Barracuda on the front. It says 2 words. You Lose. Sure hope to see you there. Tommy

well, i am going to head out there if i can!. ill be driving the stock r/t dakota down there!. just look for a yellow dakota with horrible clearcoat peeling.lol

I'll be putting the red 62 Savoy in the show area. I will try to get there early and get a spot in front of the grass on the highway side of the lot to pitch a canopy. Of course with the temps only supposed to get into the low 60s we may just want the sun to warm up with!! I think one of my friends from town here is bringing up a 4 spd. 69 GTX roller to sell - which I hope he does so I can stick my tires / wheels and some other parts with him to sell :)

hope its a good turnout. Last time I went it was awesome.

Ok guys, we need some good weather in the morning.

I'll post an update early this evening on the weather (I'm just 4 miles from the track). Talked to the track this morning and everything is still on from their perspective (then again they said the same thing this spring until the tornados hit....:() Current weather looks like some possibility of lingering rain until about 9 am tomorrow then clearing out rather quickly with a cold but nice afternoon.

Well, 7 pm on friday night and this feels so much like the night before the spring event that got rained out... ( I think somebody pissed off the Mopar Gods down here) The current weather forecast for this area has rain tonight into the morning. There's an 80% chance of rain at 6, 7 and 8 am tomorrow morning dropping to a 30% chance from 9am till noon and then sunny and zero % chance from 1 pm on... Great forecast to start and event like this!!! High temp tomorrow is only going to hit 55 degrees....!!!

The track is still following the event program, no cancellations or planned delays. Steve did say that if it does get rained out they will hold it on Sunday but I suspect he will not make a call until mid morning tomorrow. It does look like worse case might be a couple hour delay for things to really fire up if it is raining in the early am..
There is an event "Hotline" you can call to get any updates 910-582-3400
My plan is to be ready to be there around 8am with my car unless it is raining hard, then I am sitting tight for a bit to see what it does. If it lets up mid morning I'll still go up - unless they cancel. Worse part of this is for the show cars I think. If you're in a covered trailer it is no issue but if you are driving or on an open trailer in the rain your car will be all **** for the show.

With no wipers I will not be there. Sorry, I was looking forward to coming down there. Guess I will work tomorrow (as usual)

well, i hate to take the 3 hr trip again, to be turned away till sunday, then get there early sunday to say they will rescedule for later in the year. damn if i do, damn if i don't.
if i leave here at 5 am am and i am screwed if they cancel. if i wait till like 8-9 am, then i miss all the good stuff!

what should i do?????????????????????????????

I am 2 hours away and think I will leave aroun 8 which should put us there around 10 or 10:30. Hopefully it will be a great show.

well, i hate to take the 3 hr trip again, to be turned away till sunday, then get there early sunday to say they will rescedule for later in the year. damn if i do, damn if i don't.
if i leave here at 5 am am and i am screwed if they cancel. if i wait till like 8-9 am, then i miss all the good stuff!

I got a feeling you won't miss much from 8-10. If its raining early as predicted I bet there won't be too many at the gate at 8 am. Show guys aren't gonna want to ge their cars all mucked up and the racers know they won't be able to run until they get dried out so I think there will be some longer sleep ins and bigger breakfasts in the morning.

I'll try to get a post up in the morning, either before I leave if it's raining or when I get to the track if it's not...

i know what u mean joe ive been looking forward to this for months and have been trying my best to get a little money together to go. the weather dosnt want to coaperate. im wanting to go but its a nearly 3hr drive just to have it rained out or get resceduled for sunday and with the way the weather is im afraid its going to be a very small turn out.

We sure had the deck stacked against us weather wise for these last two attempts this year. I wish the track would understand the fustration it causes everyone to drag these things out like this. There were lots of pissed off people in the spring - myself included that he did not cancel the night before. Here we go all over again. If he were to have anounced this afternoon that it was rescheduled for Sunday I bet there would be a lot bigger turn out. This uncertainty just causes people to say the hell with it...

yeah your rite stumper if it were resceduled for sunday i would definetly be going i guess when i get up in the mornin ile decide then oh well. lol

Well,, 7:30 am Saturday. Raining outside right now. Just called the track and they are still on. The weather forecast revised a bit from last night showing the rains stopping a bit earlier. By their guesses it shows rain stopping around 9 am here and then starting to clear. Soooo, I would say that the event will go on, albeit I suspect it will delay things some. I know I am not going to drive my car up for the show in the rain so I'm waiting a bit to see when it clears.

Thanks Stumper. I will wake the boy's and leave home by 9. We should be there by 11:30. See you there.

for the ones of us that didnt make it to rockingham today how was it????????

It was pretty good. Not a lot of show cars or drags, but it was fun. Would have prefered warmer and sunny, but it was the most fun I have had all day.

-
Back