Mopars Orange ECU for daily driver?

-
First three would probably have to go right in the trash.

That is $8.50 each? Says made in the USA but I don't know.

I dont know...maybe someone else might...but what company in the USA still makes electronic components...transistors..IC chips..and whatever...maybe the decal was placed on the box in USA...lol

When my 1 out of 3 went bad, the car just wouldn't start. I pulled an orange one out of the trunk that was my spare, and car started immediately. Been using that for awhile, but that one may be failing now. I won't use them anymore.

My Demon has been running an Orange Box since 2009.

Not a daily...done about 3000 miles since then. Yes, I have a spare in the trunk.

I dont know...maybe someone else might...but what company in the USA still makes electronic components...transistors..IC chips..and whatever...maybe the decal was placed on the box in USA...lol

My wife used to work for a company that made nurse call equipment for hospitals. The components and circuit boards are from other countries. Minimal final assembly is done in house, but allows them to put a "Made in the USA" sticker on it. Probably right about the sticker on the orange box. : )

Cuda_ragtop - Did you have to change your ballast resistor with that Rev-n-ator

Cuda_ragtop - Did you have to change your ballast resistor with that Rev-n-ator

Yes, but they have made some changes to the Rev-n-nator in the 3 years since I got mine so I would check with them for the requirements. They did not offer their own coil when I got mine.

I use the chrome box and it works very good on my 71 Scamp that I race. On my 79 Chrysler 300 I switch everything over to ECU with orange box, worked very good. Now it has a Rev-n-nator and runs a lot better, 2 wire ballast and regular coil.

I posted how I like the NAPA (Echlin TP51) and emailed their customer service to inquire about what RPM they are good up to. Below is their response....

Hello John,

I believe you are referring to the RPM limiter function of these Mopar type modules. Chrysler at one time manufactured this Ignition Control Module with built in rev limiters. There was more than one model and they were identified from the stock modules with different colors of heat sinks. Our modules however, do not include such rev limiters. The output voltage of the module will decrease with increasing rpm however, and may fall to a low enough value to cause misfire at 7000 rpm and above.

Joe Dantuono

Catalog Helpline

-
Back