MOTOR MOUNT QUESTION

-

DAVE DART SWINGER

Reaction score
i am using a 73 spool mount v-8 k-member and am wondering if the mounts on a 400 out of a 77 cordoba will work. and if so does the tranny mount need any mods?

The tranny mount will be in the right location. The k-frame will need a little work. I am sure my friend modified his k-frame so the big block spool mounts would work.I am pretty sure that he got the information on modified k-frame on the site but he probably did that 10 years ago. Thanks Webby.

I talked to my friend and he said they give you directions and tell you how to do it on the tech pages on bigblockdart.com Webby.

One more thing. Using Schumacher mounts on a 73-up K-member still requires mods to the driver side engine saddle (it needs to be cut shorter and a new hole drilled for the bolt). I'd rather build a DC k-member and get it right the first time and make for an easier engine install...

One more thing. Using Schumacher mounts on a 73-up K-member still requires mods to the driver side engine saddle (it needs to be cut shorter and a new hole drilled for the bolt). I'd rather build a DC k-member and get it right the first time and make for an easier engine install...
thanks for all the info guys.

Hey Jim,

How much do you get for one these days??

When I have one, about $350. That's with the seams welded and reinforcement to the LCA pin tubes. About $450 if I add gussets and a skid plate. I haven't had a core in my hands for a couple of years, though.

When I have one, about $350. That's with the seams welded and reinforcement to the LCA pin tubes. About $450 if I add gussets and a skid plate. I haven't had a core in my hands for a couple of years, though.

Can't find V8 k-frames anymore down there? They are still available up here in Oregon. I have a few of them stashed away in my shop. I tried to sell them last year at a swap meet but no takers. Not sure I'll even take them to the swap meet this year. They are heavy to lug around.

Actually the engine will bolt directly to the 73 k frame with those mounts, but it sets the engine forward a bit, so it's best to modify the k frame, or buy the shumaker mounts as already mentioned

Can't find V8 k-frames anymore down there? They are still available up here in Oregon. I have a few of them stashed away in my shop. I tried to sell them last year at a swap meet but no takers. Not sure I'll even take them to the swap meet this year. They are heavy to lug around.

Nope, nearly impossible to find in the yards around here these days (then again I haven't spent much time wandering the yards for a while). BUT, at Spring Fling this year I was walking around and a guy had an original DC k-member that he wanted $75 for. I didn't feel like buying it, but I did tell him what he had. Then he sold to a guy who thought it was an original small block k-member. He was shocked when I told him what it was...I'd pay $50 for the original small block k-members, but not more because it's got to be worth it to put the work into it.

-
Back