Move over Hellcat....

-
I was not being a bully. Sorry if it came of like that. But when people make totally ignorant and uninformed statements like that, it pisses me off. None of the big three make "junk" now. They are very sophisticated machines. To call them junk simply shows you know absolutely nothing about them.

I've worked in the service departments of Ford, Chevy and Chrysler at one time or another. Has he? There is a lot of pride that goes into each make. I considered it a jab that someone would call an AMERICAN car junk, so I guess we're even.

I suggest we all put on our big girl pants and get over it.

No excuse for making an unkind jab at a member who has a different opinion. You're a good guy Rob but that's not nice.

Thanks David. You're right.

I think you can understand my passion, though. Working for the big three has been a huge part of my mechanic career.

Not going to happen

1. Goverment regulation for crash standards cause the cars to ballon in weight and the metal keeps getting thinner to lighten them

2. RWD, doesn't work well in many areas in the winter

3. They are going to smaller more fuel effencent engines to meet government regulation

4. Under 23k, not with what the CEOs want, they want to send the cheaper cars out of the country, but the labor cost is less than 10% of the cost of a vehicle. CEO and other top management making up more of the cost than all the labor to build

5. Never have chrome bumpers again due to EPA regulation, even cad plating has been ban

So so much of what WE WANT, has been taken away by our GOVERMENT.

I would love to see some cool RWD cars that are affordable, but the younger generation for the most part don't even care if they get a drivers lisence or what the get around in. They are the driving force of what is to come

We are a dying breed

You should see some of the snot nosed engineers coming thru the doors of a manufacturing plant. Not a car person among them.

Well, maybe not the chrome bumpers, but........ they sell new Grand Caravans under 21K, and there is enough material there to build what I suggested for around 23k. I live in the snow belt, and like the Chally's, most don't drive in the winter (how'd they do it in the pre-80's?). As far as the motors I suggested, they already have the 3.6 V6, and they make the Hemi so why not a all new small block? And the 3500 lbs.? The mustang is about that....
My point is it all could be done, but they won't......

Well, maybe not the chrome bumpers, but........ they sell new Grand Caravans under 21K, and there is enough material there to build what I suggested for around 23k. I live in the snow belt, and like the Chally's, most don't drive in the winter (how'd they do it in the pre-80's?). As far as the motors I suggested, they already have the 3.6 V6, and they make the Hemi so why not a all new small block? And the 3500 lbs.? The mustang is about that....
My point is it all could be done, but they won't......

Right. Look at the Prowler. They said "under 30K" when it first came out. Yeah right.

NO ONE here would pass up the opportunity to drive the tires off that car if someone threw them keys.. no one. So like the car or not, you'd burn the damn tires off that car if you were given the chance... would I rather drive a Hemi Challenger? Of course... I'm a "Mopar guy". Would I run that thing as hard as I could until one of us failed... you betcha!

I think it starting to look funky like the the new Corvettes. The exhaust just does not sound right for an American muscle car, a Euopean super car yes. Im sure they will sell a bunch of them, its just not my cup of tea.

Like ScampMike said, I'd drive the snot out of it though!

I just can't live in harmony with a car that has a computer myself.
Happiest with a car without much plastic also.
I suppose I may be simple same as my old cars. I have learned to fix everything on them myself, even the rust. Lol.
60s and older cars have always treated me the best over the years and
I have to go with the guys stating junk. I find modern cars are unnecessarily complicated
and expensive. Neither of which I like in a car. Content just to have my old mopars.

NO ONE here would pass up the opportunity to drive the tires off that car if someone threw them keys.. no one. So like the car or not, you'd burn the damn tires off that car if you were given the chance... would I rather drive a Hemi Challenger? Of course... I'm a "Mopar guy". Would I run that thing as hard as I could until one of us failed... you betcha!

I would, because I don't physically fit.

Not fat either, 6'3, 192#

same deal with Viper.

Tried to sit in one of each.

No dice.

Never buy a chinese car...just like you'd never buy chinese tools, chinese clothes, chinese furniture, etc

Not going to happen

1. Goverment regulation for crash standards cause the cars to ballon in weight and the metal keeps getting thinner to lighten them

LOL! Is that why you can hit a dog and do two grand in damage to them? Somehow I don't really feel safe with that.
As a teenager I backed Dad's 77 Royal Monaco into a telephone pole at a fairly good clip. It cracked the pole and threw me in the seat. As far as the Monaco goes, you could not tell i had hit anything. In fact, I never told my Dad about it.

LOL! Is that why you can hit a dog and do two grand in damage to them? Somehow I don't really feel safe with that.
As a teenager I backed Dad's 77 Royal Monaco into a telephone pole at a fairly good clip. It cracked the pole and threw me in the seat. As far as the Monaco goes, you could not tell i had hit anything. In fact, I never told my Dad about it.

That's funny right there.

NO ONE here would pass up the opportunity to drive the tires off that car if someone threw them keys.. no one.................

A little different on the nose I'd say. Other than that it looks good.
Then too, if some great and giving person threw me the keys to this car the next place I'd be is a the Dodge dealer looking to trade it. And the tires would still be on it,.... I promise. (fingers crossed):happy1:

HMMM .. but would it not be more cost effective to have them built in Canada ( due to exchange rate ).... Plus the quality coming out of Canada has been excellent .. just saying

Very good point!

I read an article recently that stated GM wanted to start building Camaros back in the US again because they think more Americans will buy them knowing that they are being built on home soil.

Kinda sad to see more Canadian automotive manufacturing jobs lost, but GM doesn't seem to have any kind of loyalty to the Oshawa, Ontario plant that literally helped bring their Camaro back from the dead.

Very good point!

I read an article recently that stated GM wanted to start building Camaros back in the US again because they think more Americans will buy them knowing that they are being built on home soil.

Kinda sad to see more Canadian automotive manufacturing jobs lost, but GM doesn't seem to have any kind of loyalty to the Oshawa, Ontario plant that literally helped bring their Camaro back from the dead.

I couldn`t hardly get in and out of a viper either. a ford cobra was even worse ! neither one of my daughter mustangs are very comfortable on a long drive either. would be the challenger for me , if I was going to buy one.

1. The Camaro looks better from the back.
2. The new Challenger front still looks better which isn't saying much.
It was designed by Pixar.

I've got mixed emotions about all the resurrecting names stuff. And a vested interest in Road Runner.
I'm thinking it's best to leave Road Runner alone. It was marketing genius and 1969 Car of The Year. There is the possibility they the name could be trashed with a dud car. Let it remain the Acme of names in the hall of fame.
Besides all that, there is no Plymouth. So it confuses people.

it's a Camaro made by chivy, I liked the 66/67 nova more. never did care for the Camaro.

YAWN.....how much do they want for these things?

Exactly. That's what made our cars sell. they were fun to drive, cool looking and affordable to the average Joe for the most part.

Now all high priced ouut of reach of most. Build and affordable good looking fun car and watch it sell.

It might be a great American built car, but I still hate the looks of it.

It's funny you say that because the car reminds me a LOT of some of the new higher end Chargers.

I was not being a bully. Sorry if it came of like that. But when people make totally ignorant and uninformed statements like that, it pisses me off. None of the big three make "junk" now. They are very sophisticated machines. To call them junk simply shows you know absolutely nothing about them.

I've worked in the service departments of Ford, Chevy and Chrysler at one time or another. Has he? There is a lot of pride that goes into each make. I considered it a jab that someone would call an AMERICAN car junk, so I guess we're even.

I suggest we all put on our big girl pants and get over it.

Since you don't know me and my background I will inform you of it so maybe you will understand my stance when I say "Junk". I am a mobile diagnostic tech, self employed, and go to other people's shops, including, body, independent, and even dealerships and troubleshoot thier problem cars and program modules. I also do a lot of airbag related work and electrical issues including no starts and no communication with a vehicle. I work regularly on current year cars as a lot of my work is body shop/accident related. I can assure you that I am more aware than most of what makes these "modern marvels" tick as I spend 40-70 hours a week fixing what others either can't due to skill set or lack of adequate tooling or both. So yeah I get it you spent many years as a dealer tech and I'm sure during that tenure you were great at what you did, but my "opinion" is based off of what the vast majority will never see or understand. Take Care

You can have whatever opinion you wish. But to just fling out a 10 second capable car is junk.......when it can do it with the windows up and the AC on AFTER having been driven to the track AND driven home is kinda crazy.

THAT was my point.

Point taken, no problems. But as im sure your aware most if not all those 10 second new age super cars have some form of a power adder too, so it's not like they reinvented the wheel. I'm also not saying that if I saw one in person I wouldn't look twice or if I heard it running my initial thought may be sounds tough, and yeah I would even beat on it if given the chance, but that still doesn't change my viewpoint of a overpriced, over engineered, cheaply built cars that ALL the newer cars are. I work on modern cars to make my living but with that money by my own choice I own a '68 fastback barracuda and a '65 post belvedere. You might have a different opinion if you were still swinging wrenches everyday and not on the outside looking in.

Point taken, no problems. But as im sure your aware most if not all those 10 second new age super cars have some form of a power adder too, so it's not like they reinvented the wheel. I'm also not saying that if I saw one in person I wouldn't look twice or if I heard it running my initial thought may be sounds tough, and yeah I would even beat on it if given the chance, but that still doesn't change my viewpoint of a overpriced, over engineered, cheaply built cars that ALL the newer cars are. I work on modern cars to make my living but with that money by my own choice I own a '68 fastback barracuda and a '65 post belvedere. You might have a different opinion if you were still swinging wrenches everyday and not on the outside looking in.

I sorta agree. Sometimes we lose track that these modern cars are measured in net horse power, not gross. When you look at it from that perspective, they certainly have improved the wheel, if not reinvented it.

You get no argument from me about the new cars complexity and over engineering.......but that's how everything is now. May as well get used to it.

Camaro's LT4's new and old view of the Hellcat.............think GM is the one who should be "Movin' over"

Attachments

• 9449dab9ab17f2e3365b94f9bd831dcfx.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 124
From my time working at a chrysler dealership I seen new car owners having to pay for cars they could not use because they never left the shop for months on end completely tore down while Chrysler drug their feet. Chrysler would eventually send their corperate techs to get the cars working without proper results. The entire time fighting the customer and refusing to buy the vehicle back or warrantee their claim. You can imagine how mad the customers would get as this drug on and on. It was a real eye opener for me and I was glad to see the dealership here and many others get its plug pulled.
I saw many people paying for parts being replaced that didn't fix the cars problem and techs that had no background or enough mechanical understanding to diagnose a problem. Service managers with even less skills than the techs. Dealership owners that could not be found or reached.
So much of peoples money being wasted day after day, impossible to forget.
This so-called world improving technology has created a large group
of unskilled workers and vehicles they are incapable of or care less about repairing.
I had seen enough that I will never set foot in a dealership again for the rest of my days.
I remember the day I hired in and was proud to be working at a Chrysler dealership
being I have been a Mopar enthusiasts since the 70s. What a let down. Junk is putting it nicely from what I seen of today's cars.

-
Back