MRL Performance 408 Stroker 519HP

-

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Here is one of our latest 408 Stroker. Nice combo, made some good power. You want the run down? Ya know you do! So here it is.:happy1:

360 Magnum block with shaft oiling
RHS LA style w/shaft rockers
Lunati hydraulic roller cam MRL spec'ed
Hyper dish pistons
SCAT rods and crank
ARP bolts
PRW 1.6 roller rockers
Milodon gear drive(customer demanded)
Kevco oil pan
Holley 770 Ultra Street Avenger electric choke Vacuum secondaries
Old School Holley Strip Dominator:rr:(pic shows Victor, but it ended up with the Holley)
9.6 to 1
Mallory 42 series all in 1 dist w/coil- The Best setup, period.
MRL prepped RHS heads with 2.02/1.62 valves, mild port work, only where it counts
Anti friction coatings throughout

This bad boy made some real Mopar Power. And it has Street Manners! Idles well at 800rpm, pulls 12-13inches of vacuum and has a nice little rumble to it.

[ame="http://youtu.be/evVX8G1PaSo"]302 Found[/ame]

The power came on early and lasted till the end.

450+TQ from 3000-5800rpm!!!!:burnout:

450+HP from 4600rpm on up!!!!:burnout:

You want more?? MORE YOU SAY?!?! How about 519HP @ 5600rpm and 519TQ @ 4850rpm!!!!

This was done with a full on STREET CARB, choke and all, Vacuum secondaries. Real pump gas 9.6 to 1 compression and a cam that only has 239* duration @ .050"

Some may say, "Why the big single plane intake, you'll give up to much bottom end". It hit 500TQ at 4100rpm.:prayer:

The only "Trick" I used was a little 1/4" carb spacer I made in house.:cheers:

This is a No Compromises engine, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too. Not to mention wipe that stupid grin off those Chevy guys faces when they have to go lick their wounds from the whooping this thing is going to administer!:finga:

Rock on! Mopar or no car!

[ame="http://youtu.be/Z8LBsbZynps"]302 Found[/ame]

Attachments

• Mockup 1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 2,099
  • Larry M 4080001.pdf
    776 KB · Views: 326
  • LarryM dyno graph0001.pdf
    552.8 KB · Views: 347
Another nice build Mike:thumrigh:. Really impressed with the idle quality in the first video. You really spec'ed out a good cam on this one. Some quiet mufflers and you got a deep 11's street sleeper. Very nice.

Im gonna give you props for using the hyper dish, i assume KB356, same pistons i use...lol
Id like to see some dyno numbers with a ported LA open chamber head.

Now the question, how much did you mill and set the quench distance at?

Man, this is exactly what I want for my Scamp... What fuel system, exhaust and stall convertor would you recommend in a street car?

Do you guys ship overseas?

Any chance you´ll tell us the cam specs? Got almost the same combination with a comp cam, maybe there´s some improvement.....

Michael

With all the machine work, parts, assembly and dyno work, what would be the price on this engine?

How much shop time was spent - not just assembling the engine and tuning the engine - but taking great care with the machining of all the parts/block, and porting of the heads/intake BEFORE assembly?

Im gonna give you props for using the hyper dish, i assume KB356, same pistons i use...lol
Id like to see some dyno numbers with a ported LA open chamber head.

Now the question, how much did you mill and set the quench distance at?

Nope, KB 416. Just like the 356 but the dome is already milled down. Set to .005" out of deck with the Closed chamber of the RHS heads. Quench on this engine was .035". .030" is the limit on a 4' stroker. I have tried .025" and the pistons would hit the head over 5200rpm. Lesson learned!

Man, this is exactly what I want for my Scamp... What fuel system, exhaust and stall convertor would you recommend in a street car?

Do you guys ship overseas?

2500-300 stall for the street will work great. High flow mech fuel pump or electric pump. 1 5/8 step header works best with 2.50 dual exhaust.

Yes we ship world wide.

Any chance you´ll tell us the cam specs? Got almost the same combination with a comp cam, maybe there´s some improvement.....

Michael

Lunati VHR18-VHR20 set to 112* LSA and installed on 108* ICL

239/243 @ .050" .367/.373" lobe lift

With all the machine work, parts, assembly and dyno work, what would be the price on this engine?

How much shop time was spent - not just assembling the engine and tuning the engine - but taking great care with the machining of all the parts/block, and porting of the heads/intake BEFORE assembly?

This engine complete Carb to Pan and ignition system, dynoed and ready to drop in your car was $9000.

We take a good amount of time to work out all the details, Im guessing we had 50hrs in this one if not more. I made 12 pulls on the dyno and it was rock solid, 515-519 HP/TQ on 9 of the runs. Repeat, repeat repeat, love it when they do that!

I love seeing a build like this make that much horsepower because it gets me excited when I think about my combo with 10.1 compression and cam that is 251 and 260 @50 :). Nice job mike!

Thanks, this one is winner in my book. As an engine builder there are some engines Im more proud of than others and this is one of them.

good job mike you have a real bread and butter combo right there.nice manners and a big load of muscle when you want it.one of the more thought out combos i've seen in a while....

Thanks, this one is winner in my book. As an engine builder there are some engines Im more proud of than others and this is one of them.

I totally understand the above sentiment. Even though the power and torque are not mind blowing, it's the nature of the engine while its delivering the power-very hard to describe. Nice engine and realistic price-I'm sure there are untold hours not being accounted for. J.Rob

-
Back