Lunati soil roller cam
CNC ported RPM heads
Super Victor intake
Accel DFI EFI system
MRL custom 4140 main caps
Main Girdle
Hughes roller rocker kit
1696 bob weight

No shortage of torque or HP in this little Monster. Made 30+ runs to 7000+rpm and never missed a beat. The last 8 runs repeated within 3hp/tq. See the attached dyno sheet for all the good stuff.

Like what you see? Give us a call and lets talk about what we can do for you.

Click the link below for MRLPerformance's site.

http://www.mrlperformance.com/

Attachments

• Eds 416.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 989
  • Eds dyno2 7-11.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,010
  • crank-1.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,026
  • crank-2.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 986
Hey Mike! Nice to see ya here. I see you were a bit busy doing a little something something there.
WTH! Only 650 HP & 574 Lbs. of torque? LOL--- runnin and duckin for cover!!!!!!

Slick trick on the crank.

hey thats awesome! thats a wicked crank, how much does that go for? too bad the engine's black, i cant see what im looking at! lol

Thats a SCAT crank and it goes for around $1100. With the super light crank/rods/pistons this thing has some wicked throttle response

Sure do like what I see , can I afford it is the question . Like to know what you think of the Mahle pistons , besides me you are the first to mention them in a build . I have the forged 10:5.1 ceramic coated pistons .030 over in my 340 . Interested in you reason for choosing Mahle , mostly hear about KB , TRW and Diamond first to mention Mahle beside me .
And a bit more info on that crank , wow looks great

The Mahle pistons are great. They have a coated skirt, and a coating for the pin and rings so they dont gall on the piston. Plus they have a thinner ring pack(less friction, more power). They are very strong and light weight.

SCAT has 3 levels of forged cranks, standard weight, light and super light. Even with a Bob weight of 1696g on this 416 w/the Super light crank, we still had to put a 45g mallory slug in the front and back. If your running heavy H beam rods and heavy pistons, I would stay with the std weight. As the weight of your piston/rod combo goes down, so can the weight of the crank.

I'll ask a third time. What does a complete set up like this run? Send me a PM if you don't want to publicly post a price.

Thanks , feel better about my choice of Mahle forged coated pistons , took a chance on them , sounded good but no track record on a 340 ,good to hear your thoughts on them .
Guess the light weight crank would be the one for me , if I changed rods super light would be the one , they really look good , think I'd buy 2 one to hang on the wall .
Thanks for all the info

I'll ask a third time. What does a complete set up like this run? Send me a PM if you don't want to publicly post a price.

BrianT, give Mike a little time to figure the price. This is my engine and he just got done with it and is figuring the bill. One of us will let you know.

For and engine JUST like this one with the EFI, dynoed and complete, your looking in the range of $13-14K

Mahle makes good pistons. There just cattering to the Chevy crowd first, since that is where the money is. Then the Ford guys and so on. (AKA, Whatelse is new?)
As they grow bigger, they'll have more for us.

They have a full line of SBM pistons FT and Dish, and a pretty full line of FT for the BBM.

The Pistons in this engine were 4.070" bore 1.465" CH and came in at 460g made from 4032 forgings

I dont hold back any secrets, unless the owner tells me to. This was a Lunati Voodoo 60443. The whole Voodoo line of cams are THE absolute best off the shelf cam s out there, period.

That engine on the dyno sheets... What were the bsfcs for the power pulls?

I dont hold back any secrets, unless the owner tells me to. This was a Lunati Voodoo 60443. The whole Voodoo line of cams are THE absolute best off the shelf cam s out there, period.

Mahle forged pistons and lunati cam , feeling better about my parts choices now that you are using them. 2 brands that get almost no mention on this or other sites ., but I thought thay had good specs /quality . Wish my build made the power yours does , of course mine is not as radical .
Looked at your site , you have some great builds and very good prices !

Wow,,,that cam is already on my too buy list,,nice coincidence. Happy with my off the shelf choice. I already have my roller gear for heads and cam from Hughes. Planning to buy Eddie prepped heads with 2.08" int from Hughes as well and the only thing that might change my mind on cam is if they think a custom grind might give me better results. We'll see.
And I also have the Mahles with my Eagle rotating assembly, glad to be reading good things there as well.
Basically my build should almost mirror yours :) Still need cam, heads, carb and oilpan to complete. I'm hoping for 550Hp & Trq minimum, sounds pretty reasonable.

Ok, so now that its in the car Wireweld, how does it feel? I know we have an idle issue, but the fix is on its way(cheap *** chines IAC part).

This engine is awesome. I cant believe how much torque this little beast puts out. Just keeps pullin and pullin. I have never felt this much acceleration before.
Now everyone tell me if I would be nuts to use 2.94 gears for cruising around. I have 3.55's with a 3500 9.5 Dynamic convertor and would use these for strip. My tires are 295 50 15 mickeys. 904 with low gear set and a griner reverse manual vb.

-
Back