RPM intake
Full Mallory ignition system
BIGS 950 stage 5 plus
MRL Performance top end oiling mod

Final was

600HP @ 5700
603TQ @ 4000 :burnout:

This thing had 590+ TQ from 3000-5100rpm Sweet

The BSFC was .500-.412 the whole run A/F was high 11's low 12's.

All testing was done at 170* coolant temp and 34* total timing

Idled well at 900-1000rpm and pulled 12 inches of vacuum

Attachments

• Joe5.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,223
  • Joe1.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,091
  • Joe6.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 6,364
  • Joe7.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 2,112
  • Joe dyno.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,037
This one is going to Cali. But Im sure we can do another one if you want one LOL

Gotta love them solid roller cams. They help produce great #s!

Its 10.77 to 1 running pump gas.

I love solid roller cams, they give you the best of all worlds, Monster low end torque and still have a great top end. And its not just the peak numbers, its all about average power. And this 470 has plenty of that for sure.

Very nice numbers. What do you charge for a turnkey motor like this?

LOL, yea! How much for a short block? I'll send a dirty block over. ;)

Ya know what I like about it. Not only a pump gas mill, but torque out the gazzzo from jump street. This engine is simply "GO!" from the git!

This one was $12K turn key, complete with carb, fuel line, Full Mallory ignition(dist, box, coil, wires, plugs), dyno tuned and ready to drop in.

If you wanted to run 110 octane, we can make a few tweaks to this combo and make 750+hp for about $2k more and still be all in before 7000rpm

What are you using for crank/rods /pistons specifically? I know thier all forged..

some very nice numbers mike. hope to get the rest of my engine soon .

Here is the definition of BSCF: Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC) is a measure of fuel efficiency within a shaft reciprocating engine. It is the rate of fuel consumption divided by the power produced. It may also be thought of as power-specific fuel consumption, for this reason. BSFC allows the fuel efficiency of different reciprocating engines to be directly compared.

We us this info on the dyno along with the Air Fuel ratio to determin how effectivly the engine is using the fuel to make the power. The lower the BSFC, the better with the right A/F ratio. On this engine, we were still running a little rich, but only slightly. If we were to drop the jets 1 or 2 more sizes, it would have made a little more power and droped our BSFC by another 1-2%.

nice numbers, nice engine. Can you tell me what BSFC means? i´m new to this....thanks!

Michael

(B)rake (S)pecific (F)uel (C)onsumption, the pounds of fuel it takes to make one horsepower for one hour. It is a measure of the engines fuel efficiency. Whoops, just a little late, hi Mike.

Was wondering if you could give some more info??? Flow numbers on the heads?? Valves size?? 1.5 or 1.6 rockers?? Cam specs??? THANKS!!!!! Would LOVE to drop it in my duster!!!!
Here is another MRL Performance Big Block

The basic run down

400 stroked to 470
Eddy victor heads cleaned up slightly
Forged crank/rod/pistons
Lunati solid roller cam/lifters/springs/ret/locks
Milodon Road Race oil pan
Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scraper
Hughes rockers
Custom Pushrods made In House
RPM intake
Full Mallory ignition system
BIGS 950 stage 5 plus
MRL Performance top end oiling mod

Final was

600HP @ 5700
603TQ @ 4000 :burnout:

This thing had 590+ TQ from 3000-5100rpm Sweet

The BSFC was .500-.412 the whole run A/F was high 11's low 12's.

All testing was done at 170* coolant temp and 34* total timing

Idled well at 900-1000rpm and pulled 12 inches of vacuum

I'd want a strong street motor....not a drag race plant.

How much would you give up by using Comp's biggest hydraulic roller
instead of the solid unit?

With the pump-gas-friendly compression ratio would this cam change
make it a true driver (100 mile trips)?

You give up a little torque with the hydraulic over the solid, but HP would be close to the same. Best guess 600hp 560tq

I'd want a strong street motor....not a drag race plant.

How much would you give up by using Comp's biggest hydraulic roller
instead of the solid unit?

With the pump-gas-friendly compression ratio would this cam change
make it a true driver (100 mile trips)?

Comp has some really nice Hybrid hyd. roller/solid roller lobes I've used and they can work very well.
You have to be on top of your game with hyd. roller and making power at higher rpm. Hyd. lifters like to bleed down one cycle, then go solid the next cycle! Makes things very interesting if your valve train is not set up specifically for this.

Most times, solid roller can actually be the same price or lower if you spend the money on high rpm hyd. roller stuff.

Old thread, but can build your own a hell of a lot cheaper,,, and with good parts!

Old thread, but can build your own a hell of a lot cheaper,,, and with good parts!
Not to answer for MRL, but short answer...no. I priced out doing a trick flow 470 myself. Parts and machine work are 10kish.

Two things to remember. Mike feeds his family building engines and secondly, not all people in the hobby can build their own.

Only if your skilled at the whole sha-bang from start to finish. Since Mike does this for a living, it find his work to be well worth the money If you don't know how to use the machines to do the work, properly sort out a good combo, source out the parts and out it to gather ready for delivery in a ready to install and run state.

Having the room to do all of this isn't in everybodies garage. Time to do it is another issue. Physical ability may not be there. The list goes on.

Trashing/belittling a members work, job, ability and willingness to do the right thing by the MoPar family is a rare thing.

In all the time MRL has been here, never once was there even anslightly jaded wonderment of anything he has done from start to finish and afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back