MRL Performance

-
I seem to remember him trying to sell engines here for virtually cost price and still having problems unloading them. Maybe all the phone in "brain pickers" and a lack of support got the best of him.

This suxs, as I was going to use him for a 340 build that I'm finally ready to do. Are there other established quality motor builders out there that someone can recommend? Thanks,

This suxs, as I was going to use him for a 340 build that I'm finally ready to do. Are there other established quality motor builders out there that someone can recommend? Thanks,
might check member @IQ52

and just above you a few miles is member RAMM who has many builds on this site and the exchange rate is awesome right now for you about 20%. strap it on a pallet and Day and Ross it to him costs about 100 bucks each way .

Here are a couple here in Iowa that do mostly Mopars.

Grawmondbecks in Mason City. They also have engine and chassis dynos.
Grawmondbecks Competition Engines

Mid American Racing Engines in Washington Iowa
Dave has been in many of the Mopar engine competitions and is top notch.

might check member @IQ52
Thanks, but I'm not taking any more builds. I'll finish up what we have committed to and pull the plug.

Why? How's about this........Too many people think the rev-limiter is the shift light.

I too recommend David Bruns at Mid America Racing Engines.

Thanks, but I'm not taking any more builds. I'll finish up what we have committed to and pull the plug.

Why? How's about this........Too many people think the rev-limiter is the shift light.

That sucks to hear man. You still gonna do head work?

That sucks to hear man. You still gonna do head work?
The porter, my son, does a different kind of head work now. He makes these heads with exhaust tubing.
Skulls again 001.jpg
Skulls again 002.jpg
Skulls again 003.jpg
Skulls again 004.jpg

I hate to hear this. You retiring of just moving on? That sucks.

I hate to hear this. You retiring of just moving on? That sucks.
I'll be 70 yrs old in December. I live in the mountains of Idaho.

I will spend more time here.............

2017 elk hunt 019.jpg

In pursuits like this...................

2017 elk hunt 6.jpg

See ya later..............

2017 elk hunt 8.jpg

I hate to say it .. unless FCA continues with the modern V8 HEMI.. this is the START of the END with MOPAR.. People like MRL and IQ52 retiring goes to show you that MOPAR days are numbered ...... PERIOD . You cannot tell me that it is getting tougher for MOPAR engine builders Like MRL and IQ52 to compete with these mass produced engine builders offering extended warranties on performance engines for the price .. ? GOOD LUCK On retirement !

Well, I must agree that this is unfortunate. I have an engine built by MRL in 2015 that I still haven't started up yet. The one in my pic

Gotta love Idaho! Im heading out for a late archery elk/deer hunt in the morning.

Sanity has it's own priority. I love that rock... I have one like that (less acreage) but the lichens are all green. Hell the lichen on my truck is green...

Sorry to hear that ur closing up shop, but u totally earned ur retirement. I for 1 am very proud of u and what u brought to the mopar community. Enjoy ur retirement. Kim

-
Back