mrstix 68 Valiant

-
How much you asking for your 67 front section?

CLEAN ride. LOVE IT.

Updates coming this week.....stay posted. Also thanks for the kind words about the car.

I have the trunk torsion rods if you need them so you don't have to use a stick to prop up your trunk anymore ;)

I have the trunk torsion rods if you need them so you don't have to use a stick to prop up your trunk anymore ;)

Thanks. I'll hit you up if I need them. I think there is a set somewhere in my dads shop he picked up a while back. From what I remember the holes in the brackets where all worn out and the rods weren't staying in to hold the trunk lid up. Have to look at that this week and see what the deal is.

So any updates on you valiant? A couple more days ill have my engine compartment done and moving on to other body work.

Update time.... Got the 318 home and started to clean it up, looks like the oil pressure sensor had been leaking for a while. That should have tipped me off that the motor was probably a bit abuses(lucky free was a good price) Got the cam out and the cam bearings are toast. The idea was to freshen up the gaskets up and do carb, intake, cam and headers and running it. But now I'm thinking it's going to need a rebuild. That brings me to my next issue, spend the money on rebuilding the 318 or find a 360 and put the time and money into that? So here are some pics and let me know what y'all think I should do. Other than that the car is just waiting for the motor install.
5bdfe1f2.jpg

5d42f5ce.jpg

536edb1d.jpg

ca1d71e8.jpg

Awesome valiant

edit: damn I guess I didn't read up far enough to see that you switched to a small block...so I guess this is incase you decide to revive the big block idea...

For the 440 build I would suggest a couple things:

- keep the build as close to stock as possible, 9 or 10-1 compression, 2.08/1.74's, 906 heads with pocket porting and nice valve job, mild hydraulic cam, performer RPM or equivalent, 800 - 850 cfm carb

- use a factory high stall converter, more efficient and you don't need any more stall speed with a mild 440/A-body

- spend the money for a well built rotating assembly, with everything squared perfectly and the clearances spot-on - you won't regret it

- get the tri-Y headers as suggested above, awesome torque and very nice quality

Do those things and you have a mid 11's street car that runs on pump gas and is super easy to drive every day

I would put the $ into the 360 & use the older valve covers so it looks like a 318 :). What year is that 318?

@451, the 440 is gone. Sadly the time and money just didn't permit. But someday it will happen. :)

@sedanman, it came out of the 68 Satelite wagon that the old 360 is in now.

Hey all, just dropping in my thread for a quick update. Ordered a bunch of parts this week for the motor and what not. Been getting all the loose ends tied up before I get the motor done. Got the 68 grills painted this week, and they came out really good for driver quality. Scrapped the idea of using the 67 grills I have, there for sale if anybody wants them. Other than that Ill post more update as parts arrive.

0243C924-F3D8-4A4D-9B59-7DC9E892B891-1443-000002134741E6A3.jpg

F1B89D94-754C-460C-A18A-A6EC320FD065-1443-000002134397C874.jpg

I love that color but i favor the 67 grill more which is why I went with the 67 front. It turned out really nice.

Thanks guys.

@dennday67, I like the 67 front too. But I didn't have the lower filler panel and the headlight tins don't fit the 68 fenders very well. They stick out on the corners. But I can live with the 68 grill for now.

I'm not sure if you need anything that I may have but I'd be interesed in the 67 emblem holder. I've been parting valiants for years & may have something you need. I also have a few ads up.

@Sedanman, I really would prefer to sell it all as one set. $75 for the whole grill? I just want it gone and off to a good home.

Love your -body.. and that color is beautiful. What is the wheel and tire combo??

Not sure what my dad put on there. I'll have to look when I get home tonight. I'm still learning all the "stats" about the car as I go. Having had the car given to me is the reason I don't know everything about it yet. :)

-
Back