Msd billet distributor replacing original electronic ignition distributor

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
Hi everyone I had my 1974 dart sport 360 built by sturdy racing engines in millbank south Dakota ended up dynoed at 515 hp and 567 trq they put a billet run ready or race ready distributor on it and I'm really close to starting it in my car for the 1st time builder told me I dont need the electronic ignition box on the drivers side fender he said all I have to do is plug the distributor in and hot and neg to coil is this correct and if so what do I do with the 4 or 5 pin plug thanks for any advice

Go to the MSD site and look up the destructions. What is the part number of what you have Does it use a ballast resistor? I have no idea. Off hand I'd say unplug the original ECU connector and safe that off, or unwrap and strip that wiring out of the harness. When you unwrap back to the ballast, somewhere in there should be a splice that feeds the VR, the alternator field, electric choke if used, etc etc

The R2R dizzy does not need a ballast. Power from the ign switch is all thats needed

Hi everyone I had my 1974 dart sport 360 built by sturdy racing engines in millbank south Dakota ended up dynoed at 515 hp and 567 trq they put a billet run ready or race ready distributor on it and I'm really close to starting it in my car for the 1st time builder told me I dont need the electronic ignition box on the drivers side fender he said all I have to do is plug the distributor in and hot and neg to coil is this correct and if so what do I do with the 4 or 5 pin plug thanks for any advice

when i wired my MSD RTR dist. all i did after removing the ballast and ECU on the fender was tie the i think it was 4 ballast wires together (key power IGN 1 and IGN 2 are there) and ran a power wire to the dist from there.

Wow ... Milbank SD ! My friend Bill Hippen had relaatives there and we would drive over from Minneapolis to hang out in the 70s. His cousin had a badass early A-body with a 340 . I rember riding in that car .

-
Back