Muffler options

-
Thrush turbo always work for me and their the Best Buy around.

In any case, an X pipe, or any crossover for that matter will limit the number of resonant frequencies that can be attained with the system by approximately half. (Resonant frequency being the net cause of "droning".)

I'd also refer him to the dead-head Helmholtz drone eliminators. I've had good success with a quiet muffler on the driver side and a performance muffler on the passenger side in these situations. I consider this a viable option since "good power" wasn't on the list, but "different" was.

And giving him a rainbow pride sticker might help get the message across. We didn't win both world wars being quiet.

So far I like the $29.00 3" Summit mufflers I put on the Dart 3 weeks ago. They don't d Rd one on my car but when you put your foot into it all hell breaks loose behind you. Deep bassy sound at idle. Check out the before and after videos (2 1/4" vs 3") on my $210.00 3" exhaust thread.

My $210.00 3 Inch Exhaust System

61fbtoAuMNL._SY355_.jpg

Has always curious ,about the VT muffler from,Walker
Are you talking about the Dyno Max VT that the parent company Walker owns?

I have a set @ 2-1/2. Resonable at idle, loud at cruise, open throttle? Very loud!

I have a cousin who is mostly a sissy. I had him buy the exact same mufflers I use and he says they are too loud for his pussified self.

He wants something different. I'm saying Hooker aero chambers look like the next best option. I don't want to hear hime whine. So what says FABO?? He says he wants it throaty, but not too loud and it can't drone.

Am I on the right track with the hookers?
I have 3" hooker Aero chamber Mufflers on my Duster and i love them, nice sound minimal restriction.

Classic Exhaust out of Ohio offer a complete exhausts for most everything including the '69 340 Dart.
I picked the stock mufflers ( they offer a performance muffler as well) It sounds a just bit louder than a 318 Cordoba, barely audible unless you step on it and even then you can hear the unsilenced air cleaner moan just like in '69.
I love it,but most wouldn't

Cherry Bombs, installed backwards. Had them on my 68 Firebird 400 back in the 70s. Only got ticketed once by a cop with a decibel meter. Go figger

Has always curious ,about the VT muffler from,Walker Dynomax ... or,the original CVX..... Did the Flowmaster gig ,ugh...., Always hated Magnaflow....

I almost popped for a set but heard living by the beach would have the spring door making noise or even rusting out and flap breaks.

Never messed with borla or magnaflow.

I've used flowmaster, thrush, dynomax super turbo/ultraflo, cherry bombs , jegs turbos

Best performance e were always the straight through, but the sound and or tone is best with the ultraflos.

I have a cousin who is mostly a sissy. I had him buy the exact same mufflers I use and he says they are too loud for his pussified self.

He wants something different. I'm saying Hooker aero chambers look like the next best option. I don't want to hear hime whine. So what says FABO?? He says he wants it throaty, but not too loud and it can't drone.

How are any of these issues yours to deal with? Let him try a few and settle on some.

Hey if are 3", I'll buy them from him if he is reasonable.

How are any of these issues yours to deal with? Let him try a few and settle on some.

Its possible that despite his sarcasm he cares about him and doesnt want to see him squander his money.... or he is just flabbergasted by his lack of smarts.... or both.?

Well, ether way, just posting about it and asking the forum for help for his brother shows he cares.
It also shows that it isn’t beneath him to ask a question for himself and family. Showing trust!

I'm trying to help a guy who is his own worst enemy. This build has cost him double in time and money and ten fold in effort for his inability to listen.

I have told him, my brother has told him, his GF has told him his junk ain't loud. In his bone head there is a certain way a muffler should look and his mufflers now don't look like a muffler to him.

I've sent him several videos from this site of guys with their cars running. Every one of them is louder than his.

As I tell him all the time...you are a pussy. And he always says...I know. It is what it is.

I'm trying to help a guy who is his own worst enemy. This build has cost him double in time and money and ten fold in effort for his inability to listen.

I have told him, my brother has told him, his GF has told him his junk ain't loud. In his bone head there is a certain way a muffler should look and his mufflers now don't look like a muffler to him.

I've sent him several videos from this site of guys with their cars running. Every one of them is louder than his.............

If he can't listen to SOUND advice tell him to PISS OFF, 3 people are telling him he's got a good ride, he doesn't like it just the same; he's a big boy let him go figure it out on his own.................or buy him a box of ear plugs..........keep a set for yourself so you don't have to hear him whine

I've sent him several videos from this site of guys with their cars running. Every one of them is louder than his.

As I tell him all the time...you are a pussy. And he always says...I know. It is what it is.

Sounds like an electric car would be perfect. Sell the Poncho and get a Tesla, Volt or Leaf.

Seriously, he might want to get his hearing checked.

He just needs to go to cars shows/meets and listen for what he likes.

Ehhh, I don’t know if reading this would help him but going to the car meets/shows to hear what he likes and then ask questions to the owner of the rides.... now that can be golden.

He will just need to find a comparable engine size & compression with comparable parts like headers and cam. Then the exhaust parts can be copied.

I hope he isn’t making any judgement calls based on the inside sound.

Yellow Rose, do I need to send him our muffler CD so he can hear 20 different ones on Pontiacs?

Yellow Rose, do I need to send him our muffler CD so he can hear 20 different ones on Pontiacs?

That may not be a bad idea. Do you make your own mufflers? He said today he was going to buy some Summit prefabricated system.

He is a walking cluster flop.

Its possible that despite his sarcasm he cares about him and doesnt want to see him squander his money.... or he is just flabbergasted by his lack of smarts.... or both.?

His brother is stubborn and indecisive. Love doesn't negate reality. We are who we are. As was said - he's a grown man. Figure it out. It's like asking someone to tell you if the dinner you're buying will taste good. How the F would anybody know 'til you order and take a bite?

Hi Yellow, I have made a few but they cost way too much for most. Tell me what Pontiac engine/car he has so i can decide if what we did is applicable enough that it might do him some good.
Tom

-
Back