My 12 pack 65 Cuda

-
On my way back out on the road headed North on I-75 couldn't help stopping in at Summit. I knew it was not a good idea.................................ended up with a set of Auto Meter Cobalt gauges.
I had already shortened up the right hand side of a '66 gauge cluster and modified the dash to fit.Smoothed over the speaker vent,ashtray and radio opening.To be painted body color.
The enviromental control cut out will be covered with an extra chrome glovebox trim that will house the oil pressure/water temp warning lights, shift light will be mounted in the hole between the tach and speedo.

this looks familar....

fstfish66  digitial oct 2007 040.jpg

Reading this thread has made me want a beer, and it's not even 9 am yet. Oh well, it's 5 o'clock somewhere right?

65 your car is looking great I'd like to see it out at Speed World sometime. Even if it is a street car you know you just have to know what it will run. lol

I have to admit fstfish66 your steamroller has been an inspiration :toothy7:

Thanks guys for the positive remarks......... most of the time I'm 800-2,000 miles from home. When I do get home for a week or so things get done, until then its a lot of armchair planning.

Wonderful job!! Thanks for keeping us posted.
There is SO much information here that I can use!!

Now it's bookmarked too! :toothy7:

Well after 3 1/2 weeks off for the holidays I managed to get the engine into the cuda. The headers were a tight fit.

xmas 001 (Medium).jpg

xmas 007 (Medium).jpg

xmas 011 (Medium).jpg

xmas 015 (Medium).jpg

xmas 016 (Medium).jpg

xmas 023 (Medium).jpg

xmas 032 (Medium).jpg

xmas 038 (Medium).jpg

xmas 033 (Medium).jpg

It's looking terrific Roger! You should be very proud of all that work you got done the last couple weeks.

Nice to put a face with the voice on the phone. Thanks for sharing your progress! Keep it up and it'll be screaming before you know it. (The car, not the wife.)

I have to admit fstfish66 your steamroller has been an inspiration :toothy7:

Thanks guys for the positive remarks......... most of the time I'm 800-2,000 miles from home. When I do get home for a week or so things get done, until then its a lot of armchair planning.

rodger thanks,,, but your car wil be way more nicer then mine,,, when its finished,, i am just now trying to redo all the things that didnt get done orignally,,, i perfer the 64/65 body,,and yours is loking great in blue,,,,

i would of thought with the alterkation you would have a better selection of headers that may fit,,,,,also when you get a chance,, how about a good pic of that support bar in the inner fender well from fire wall to frame rail,,,did you have it made??

i would of thought with the alterkation you would have a better selection of headers that may fit,,,,,also when you get a chance,, how about a good pic of that support bar in the inner fender well from fire wall to frame rail,,,did you have it made??

I went with the TTI's for the ground clearence, Dougs would do as well, anything else besides a Spitfire I believe would be less ground clearence.
They are all a tight fit between the innerfenders.

The snout bars I made to be hidden behind the splashguards, the inner support for it under the dash ties into the frame at the base of the forward diagonals.
Was done in an afternoon/ 12 pack.
Post # 67 is the only photo's as of the moment.

Wow, thats all I have to say.......Wow, that stance and wheel/tire combo is perfect:love7:

I need a beer after reading this thread!!! Drink one for me 65BCODA! I'm 100 miles offshore right now and will be for anothe few weeks. A beer a day for chuckwagon LMAO. The car looks great and the paint is killer!!!!

last i heard from you,, you had some paint issues??? what exactly happened?/?

great story of how you happened upon your car. i hope very soon to have my own story of purchasing a 65 cuda to restore instead of my very rough condition 64 cuda

last i heard from you,, you had some paint issues??? what exactly happened?/?

As far as I can tell, during the proccess of bodywork and primer, I ran short on my black primer, so I used some gray(same brand and type just different color) on the roof and sailpanels. Where ever the Gray primer was used I had bubbles(tiny) rising under the paint in various places. I believe the Gray primer did not catalyze correctly allowing moisture underneath.
In the mean time I have stripped top 1/3 of car and going back with a two tone Black over Blue scheme.

Roger

I really like your Cuda! Same sort of theme I want for my Dart,but Im going big block.Wish I had your energy man...

Why did you do a black base coat? Just asking. Why not grey or something.

CrazyB .................. 360 block .30 over + 4" stroke crank = 408 c.i.

mormanman ........... The Blue is a very transparent product (much like a candy) final finish is dependant upon color of underlaying base. Grey/Silver would have produced a much lighter depth, whereas Black gives more depth.

In my opinion, photo's on the computer really do not do it justice.

Thanks Don, yours is not looking too shabby itself.

Gotcha covered chuckwagon
Roger

could you post pics of how the bars up front connect to your roll cage???? Im interested in doing something similar and i like what i have seen of yours. did you buy a kit or did you just have someone do it for you.

-
Back