My 12 pack 65 Cuda

-
Two eels in a bucket of snot?!?! Hmmmm, I might have to leave that comment off my website. LMAO!

Thank you for the compliments Roger! It's always a pleasure working with you. Can't wait to see it all installed.

That is one sharp car! I have to say that you have really inspired me to make a sleeper outta my 65'. I to live here in the sunshine state. S.R 60 and HWY 27 are my cross hairs. Who did you paint and are they available to paint another cuda? The powder-coating is amazing!!!!!! I can't give you enough props!!!!:cheers:

Hey Bcoda thanks for showing us how to git r dun!

That car looks great! Leanna you are defintely on my small list of people I would trust with my car parts.

Dixie, thanks for the props, a very good friend of mine laid down the color, he picks and chooses the projects he works on, mainly custom bike projects due to the quick turn over. I would have to say at this moment he is in a real need of a break from any Barracuda project........If ya only knew what grief he went through with mine, you would understand, we called it the Curse of the Cuda.

Leanna is definatly our "go to chic" around here for custom Powder, give her a call, she's known to talk to just about anyone.

I can fully understand with the paint woes! Thought I might ask though.,,as for powder I am going to Leanna for sure. She has some awesome looking work in her shop page.

Thank you all for the props and great compliments!

Dixie, it's been a 70+ hour-a-week backside-buster for me for awhile now and I haven't had much chance to welcome the new members lately like I usually do (or even surf many posts for that matter). Please allow the minor thread hijack to say hello and welcome to FABO! I'm here whenever you're ready.

Thanks for the kudos guys!

YeeeeeHaaaaa........

After 4 months of living in hotels, I head home tomorrow to work on the cuda and pet the dog and wife. Should be able to get some proggress done in the following weeks.
Gonna fire it off for the 1st time in the chassis, been about 8 years since it has had a running power plant in it.

I just wish I had nights and weekends as most others do to work in the shop, instead of cramming a years worth of weekends into 2 weeks, should be interesting.
Gonna be able to see WAGS (Curtis) again when he comes to trade beer for a 273, and dig out a few needed parts for other members. May just bring out some stashed trim and what not to sell off when I come back out.
I'll try to check in while home but no promises. Long way to go and a short time to get there.

Roger

Congrats Roger! I know you've been looking forward to seeing the car for yourself instead of in pictures, and to getting it going again. It'll be just like Christmas morning in more ways than one.

Don't forget to take lots of pictures -- of the car progress, not the petting :-D -- so we can all live vicariously through you.

Be safe on your trip and enjoy all the sights.

YeeeeeHaaaaa........

After 4 months of living in hotels, I head home tomorrow to work on the cuda and pet the dog and wife. Should be able to get some proggress done in the following weeks.
Gonna fire it off for the 1st time in the chassis, been about 8 years since it has had a running power plant in it.

I just wish I had nights and weekends as most others do to work in the shop, instead of cramming a years worth of weekends into 2 weeks, should be interesting.
Gonna be able to see WAGS (Curtis) again when he comes to trade beer for a 273, and dig out a few needed parts for other members. May just bring out some stashed trim and what not to sell off when I come back out.
I'll try to check in while home but no promises. Long way to go and a short time to get there.

Roger

cant wait to see her finished,,,dont feel too bad your not the only one that doesnt have nights or weekends in the garage,,some times life stinks,,,

Good God! What do you do that keeps you from home so much?

Well I guess at least the bills are paid and the car is getting done!

Sounds like your up for a well deserved rest at home.

Glad to see you get to come home!!! How far are you from Lake wales? I will come to you with beer in hand ,,if i can play in the parts stash.

Don't yall ever think something is going to be a straight forward install, no matter how well you have things figured out.

After a week of playing motor/ trans mount / header pokey I finally have all fuel / oil relocator/ tranny lines connected.

042.jpg

Shifter installed.

049.jpg

The clockable PowerMaster starter that is used with the TTI's had to be ground upon for installation. Will not clock far enough to clear.

Mocked up the dash for steering wheel location to connect to the Rack and am missing the firewall panel that locates the bottom of column. Any one have one??????????
I know I've held the part in may hands 1/2 dozens times and now can not locate it.

058.jpg

Figured I would move forward else where and install the new tank and realized my filler tube that I have not touched in 8 years since being shelved has about 2 inches of the bottom rusted off.

060.jpg

059.jpg

My rad that was shipped is a 3" unit instead of the needed 2"...........still up in the air what to do.will prob send it back.
Will get some progress shots up soon.

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

042.jpg

049.jpg

I have a filler tube from a 73 swinger 318.I know it,s not 65,but it,s a thicker one in Diameter and you can cut it to make it work.Mine was done on my 66 Dart and I don,t get the spewing out of the cap,also fills quicker at the pumps.You know how you see gas run off down the 1/4 panel on these early-A,s,wouldn,t want to ruin your beauty paint job?If interested,shoot me a PM.

Thanks Petty.........seems as if WAGS has got one and bringing it up tomorrow.
Waiting to see if he has the firewall / column plate as well.

Well Waggs will definetly fix you up!Tell him Mr.Petty says Hi !LOL.Maybe mention to him about the thicker tube for non spewwing on the paint.Good luck.

hmm, looks strangely familliar :)

IMG_3218.jpg

in my opinion it's a nice mod, but i'm a bit biassed

Don't yall ever think something is going to be a straight forward install, no matter how well you have things figured out.

After a week of playing motor/ trans mount / header pokey I finally have all fuel / oil relocator/ tranny lines connected.

View attachment 154898

Shifter installed.

View attachment 154901

The clockable PowerMaster starter that is used with the TTI's had to be ground upon for installation. Will not clock far enough to clear.

Mocked up the dash for steering wheel location to connect to the Rack and am missing the firewall panel that locates the bottom of column. Any one have one??????????
I know I've held the part in may hands 1/2 dozens times and now can not locate it.

View attachment 154893

Figured I would move forward else where and install the new tank and realized my filler tube that I have not touched in 8 years since being shelved has about 2 inches of the bottom rusted off.

View attachment 154895

View attachment 154894

My rad that was shipped is a 3" unit instead of the needed 2"...........still up in the air what to do.will prob send it back.
Will get some progress shots up soon.

cant remember i think you have an alterkation set up ?? i believe he has a special off set fire wall column mounting plate for the off set,,i would think it came with your package??

I see the scoop has a small bird screen. Gotta keep those jet intakes clear!

I have a spare filler neck from my 66 valiant parts car. You need it? Have an extra grommet too I think.

Dave

Well things are looking a little brighter today.
WAGS (Curtis) came down yesterday afternoon and brought the needed fuel filler neck and firewall plate. We managed to move the engine rearward 1" to gain much needed realestate up front for the rad/fan combo........3 core triple pass rad and thermastatic fan clutch. Need to have some mill work done to aluminum pulley and shave an 1/8 off fan clutch fins will leave about 3/8" to spare. Hoorah!!!
Need to fab another trans crossmember.........but all is well. Can now move forward again. Tomorrow will mock up steering column for mods and connection to rack/pinion.

I fore see some more Leanna action in the future.

Well folks just wanted to share my new found joy with ya'll.

As of 12 p.m. yesterday, after 8 years of not having a running powerplant between its frame rails, the 12 pack cuda fired off for the first time.

No hiccups / problems......purrs like a gold digger with a 78 yr old sugar daddy.

Makes life seem a little bit more worth while.

Now to drink a beer or two and work on a few more items.

-
Back